December 19, 2014 | 1747 users online

Shampoo - Boots - Boots Expert dry itchy sensitive shampoo

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Concerning the ease of use: I find this, along with other irritant free shampoos, tend to be thick, and somewhat harder to get into the scalp, HOWEVER I am used to using these types of shampoos and recommend learning to use them to reap the benefits. (I do find it a bit of a hassle but if you cant find other cheap irritant free shampoos its worth it). My tips to use this are:
1. Do a quick preliminary shampoo with a small amount of product. Even if you cant get to the scalp easily, this will remove oil and product build up and your main shampoo will be a lot easier. 1 small shampoo and 1 medium shampoo is better than one big shampoo.
2. Tilt your head back far and, using product covered fingers, access the scalp via the back of the head at the base of the hair line. Also do the same, accessing from the sides of the head (above the ears) at the base of the hairline. Aim to clean the scalp, not the hair.
After much research I learned that it is the fragrance in shampoo's that causes the irritation of my scalp (I have very sensitive rosacea), leaving it itchy and dry.
There are few hair care products out there that are fragrance free, and irritant free and they tend to be pricey for the amount you get, so this shampoo/ conditioner range is a life saver! My flakey scalp has stopped!
If you have dandruff caused by too much of the natural fungus found on the scalp this will not cure it alone (special treatments/ ingredients such as BHA will work), but will still calm your inflamed scalp.
A final note to say that sodium laureth sulphate is not an irritant, unless left on the skin (it would dry it), so the fact that this product does not contain SLS is not significant to me in deciding to use this shampoo.