September 30, 2014 | 2004 users online

Skincare - Face - Clearasil - Daily Clear Refreshing Superfruit Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by GreedyWitch

these are really lovely! effective, yet gentle. i've used them both after cleansing as well as on their own (when i don't need a full washing) and i've had great results both ways. i have oily skin prone to white and blackheads, and these pads nicely exfoliate, while adding a bit of moisture, so i have this fresh look all the time. well done!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by jujubeeb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After using Stridex pads for years, I started to see that they weren't helping reduce my breakouts like they used to. I saw these and figured why not. After a solid 4 months if using, I can honestly say these are the business! I haven't broken out in at least 3 months, woo! It doesn't overly dry out my skin and it doesn't sting, which were my two qualms with the Stridex ones. The pads themselves are nice and thick and easy to pull apart. I have very dry sensitive skin and these things are gentle and effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by gdm96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked these up on a whim - mostly because I needed something to use on my face on nights or mornings when I don't shower and/or don't feel like washing my face completely. I've always been a benzoyl peroxide girl, so the 1% of salicylic acid in these seemed useless. But for $6, I figured it was a worth a shot and better than nothing.

I've been using this nightly, rather than sporadically as I indicated before. After my moisturizer and toner I wipe one of these all over my face. They don't smell like alcohol which is a huge plus - I mean, they don't smell like lip gloss either, but the cranberry-raspberry scent that Clearasil markets is definitely noticeable and definitely better than the icky alcohol scent of most pads. They do exfoliate, in a weird sense, they feel scratchy almost and can sometimes even hurt at points, but it's not enough to sway me from using them. However, if you have really sensitive skin then maybe I'd lay off. The solution absorbs quickly on the skin and doesn't leave it feeling tight or dry.

I do think that they work. They definitely help, in alliance with my benzoyl peroxide heavy cleanser, at keeping my skin clear. Especially during my period and if I only use makeup wipes to get my makeup off before bed, I like to use them to sort of compensate for not washing my face with cleanser.
The packaging, however, could be better. I'm not sure how they would this exactly though. 90 pads come in a small screw-top plastic jar, and are sitting in the liquid solution, so if you tip it over then it's going to go everywhere.

Overall, I do like these and I think they will become a permanent step in my skincare routine.