September 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Masks - MD Forte - Skin Rejuvenation Hydra-Masque

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This complements my nighttime routine like nothing else. I use pea-size every other night after cleansing and toning, concentrating on dry spots and hyper pigmentation spots. And when it is completely dissolved I rinse off, anywhere between minutes to hours. Highly recommend for prepping the skin for other treatments. It calms and moisturizes and brightens. And if you use this in combo with purifying mask or moisturizing mask (depending on how my skin is behaving that week), the end result is hundred-fold. I do not sleep with this on since my per-menopausal skin is rather temperamental and I'm not a fan of its rotten egg scent, but as a masque treatment this does all: cleans, purifies, moisturizes and exfoliates. And it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Tracybg3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this at the recommendation of my derm, and I love this stuff! I'm african-american, combination oily skin. I use 2-3 per week in the morning, after cleansing my face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. Follow with SPF 30 moisturizer.

I leave it on for about 20-30 mins, depending. I've left it on for hours before too, it just gets translucent. It rinses clean, does not clog pores, and leaves your skin feeling fresh and looking bright. It's not drying at all. After I moisturize, my skin looks dewey and young (Instead of oily and gross around my tzone).

I feel that it has helped even out dark acne scars caused by hyperpigmentation as well. After about 6months of regular use, I still have a ton left. A little goes a long way. When I first started using this, I was really slathering it on thick. You don't need to do that, a thin layer is all you need for optimal results. It's moderately priced, but the product really works. So, yeah. I'd definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by polina29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It is hard to believe that no one has heard of this stuff. The nurse practitioner at my derm's and my aesthetician turned me on to this. I am definitely a product junkie but have been trying to pare down substantially to only HG-level products... i.e. things that don't just smell good, but really, really, really WORK. That is where I'd classify this mask. Along the way I've been buying things from everywhere from Bath & Body Works all the way to Nordstrom-purchased masks. and everything felt nice going on and then so-what after around the third use. This one is a keeper. Let me tell you why -

1. It has a combo of alpha and beta hydroxy acids, medical-grade style. That's where you get the exfoliation and hydration effects simultaneously. I have normal to dry skin that can get pretty sensitive and although the mask does tingle at first, it calms down afterwards and sinks into skin. Be sure to use sunscreen (SPF 30+) after this mask, as the alpha hydroxy acids make your skin more sensitive!

2. It is not just one of those sit on your face for five minutes and wash masks. Sure, you can do it that way, but why? My suggestion is to put a relatively thin layer on about half an hour before bedtime, allowing it to sink in, and then sleep with it on, Do this for a week and have skin that glows like you just got back from your honeymoon. Yes, that pretty. (Note - do not use during daytime as glycolic acid is actually sensitive to light and will lose potency)

3. Price and value. $30-40 for something medical grade? And lasts forever? I am just scared they will up the price on this baby, that is how great it is.

4. Doubles as a moisturizer or Retin-A off-day cream. If you are all out of hydrating cream or Retin-A has left you with dry patches you can't seem to get rid of, use this mask for a week straight.

5. Lovely travel mask. Took this on flight to Brazil (9+ hours of flight time is likely to parch my skin), applied thin layer in bathroom, took contacts off and promptly fell asleep. 7 hours later woke up, splashed face with cold water, reapplied makeup, had yummy breakfast and got off plane looking refreshed and yes, glowing!!! in other words - L O V E.

got rid of my borghese fango. this is the one for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by justforfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was using Paula’s Choice 2% Liquid AHA up until November and unfortunately, this product worsened my skin. Paula’s Choice has great customer service, though, and they refunded me without any questions. After reading all the rave reviews, I decided to order some products from MD Forte. I used their Facial Cleanser II and Facial Lotion II three years ago, but I stopped because “natural” and “organic” was all the rage and I was advised to stop using ‘harsh’ chemicals on my skin. I believe that was a huge mistake because I can remember telling my friends to purchase from MD Forte because I was so happy with the results back then.

So, I ordered from skinstore and used the 20% off coupon that a few reviewers had mentioned (thanks! it worked!). On Christmas Eve, I received my products: Glycare Cleansing Gel, Glycare Perfection Gel, Glycare II, Replenish Hydrating Cream, Facial Lotion III and the Skin Rejuvenation Hydra-masque. With the overnight shipping and tax, I think it came to around $115 or something, which is pretty good if you ask me. That day, I began the regimen for my oily/acne prone skin which can be found here: http://www.skincare-md.com/index.cfm?event=mdforteregimen (you can find the regimen for your skin type) and also used the mask for 15 minutes after cleansing. I should add, however, that this regimen is not advised by MD Forte, but by skinstore, and MD Forte advises that you develop a regimen with your physician or dermatologist – and for good reason too! The first week was like hell for my skin. There was A LOT of purging: my skin was very tingly, the glycare perfection gel, in particular, gave me a burning sensation for the first few days, and I got 4-7 hard pimples on my face (when I usually have 2-3 smaller and manageable ones). However, the first day I used it my mom said that my skin looked better so I think that the mask worked very well and the replenish hydrating cream made my skin velvety smooth. So, purging is to be expected with this regimen, however, if you were using MD Forte II products before, I don’t think it will be as bad. The only reason I went straight to Level III is because I used Jason’s 12% aha gel and PC’s 2% and my skin is very oily, so I thought it would be okay.

Anyway, this past Tuesday, it was officially the second week I had been doing the regimen and even before realizing that, I noticed how much more even my skin has gotten. My face is noticeably smoother, my pores are smaller and my skin tone is more even and I can only thank MD Forte for that. Also, one test I do to see how well the product is working is to do some whitehead extractions on my nose (the white stuff beneath your skin that you can’t really see) and there was a lot less white stuff that came out than before which means that the products are really exfoliating, deep cleansing and rejuvenating my skin. I am really excited to see the full results on week 6 or after the 2 month mark!! I have a lot of scarring and it is definitely fading, and even today my friend said that my makeup looked really good (which has EVERYTHING to do with the canvas you’re putting it on) and I noticed a lot more men looking too ;)

I was going to wait until after 6 weeks of using the products to write a review, but I am so pleased with the results so far that I want you all to know about it. If you have acne or oily skin, do yourself a favor and try MD Forte products and if you’re really gung ho, use the full line like me! It is winter, so using sunscreen is probably not as important as the summer, but you should still get in the habit of using a sunscreen if you are using these products. I use the Vichy 60 SPF (I know its a lot but its weather resistant to) – I put it on after the replenish hydrating cream, and then as a last step I use Cover FX primer before putting on my makeup (cover fx concealer).

Anyway, I will update this review in 4 weeks or if I happen to notice a big change in my skin before then.

P.S. For those who will also do the regimen or use MD forte products, I saw a tip on the website that said that you can do a few glycolic acid masks to speed up the skin renewal process and then you will get clearer skin faster. I definitely don’t have money for that, but to those of you who do, I suggest you talk to your derm about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by michelleb1911

This mask is great. I'm almost finished with my first bottle and am about to purchase another one. I don't quite know how a masque can be hydrating and exfoliating at the same time, but this one is. When I first got it I would pile it on, but I have since learned you only need a very thin film to get the same results. I try to leave it on for an hour or so at least once a week, but sometimes I will pop it on for 10 minutes and it is a great boost for my skin. Like all the other MD Forte products this will leave your skin clean, glowing, moisturised, and looking absolutely wonderful. But don't forget - I think it should be used properly on well cleansed (MD Forte Cleanser III is my fave) and dried skin to get the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by kboston72

I have been using this on and off for a few years now and i honestly cant figure out why i didnt repurchase it the last time i was using it. It is an amazing product for me. I love that it is a clay based cleansing mask but unlike every other clay mask that ive ever used, does not leave me dry and tight when i take it off. It actually does hydrate like it says it does although im not really sure why. The ingredients in it would make me think it would be drying but for me it never has been. I use it at least once a week when im peely/flaky and feeling a little dry and it does smooth and leave a glow for me. i think it has the added benefit of cleansing pores due to the actives in it and so is multipurpose. I love this product and will always repurchase. I dont think md forte gets as much hype as it should. their products are above par and much better than many of the more popular glycolic products, yet with even higher concentration options. Their prices are comparable to many of the other higher end lines also.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wonderful product. Smoothes the skin and makes it look brighter and refined. M.D. Forte is great. This mask lasts a while since you don't need but a thin film on your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by eyeThink

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A genuinely hydrating mask. Comes in handy when my skin is dry due to prescription topicals. Though, it does sting upon application and is a bit pricey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

This is a good mask, but not a great mask. It does what it says it will, but not as well as others. It doesn't exfoliate as well as my IE 2MM mask, doesn't shrink pores like Andreas revitalizing mask, and doesn't hydrate as well as Andreas moisture mask. I'll definitely use it up, but wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2007 6:57:00 AM More reviews by rainsim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love masks, and have quite a few. Use different ones depending on what I want to gain. MD forte mask is great stuff, especially during the current indulgent season. It does what it says - hydrates and rejuvenates. My skin looks like I've been sleeping in bed all night drinking lots and lots of water, when well...I wasn't! Does feel tingly and I have quite thick resistant skin so perhaps not for the more sensitive people. Have the added bonus of squashing all the potential zits that I could feel building up - which is a plus. Does smell a bit though. I think for the amount you get, it's great for the price.