July 28, 2014 | 1699 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MimiWatkin

This is the only review I have ever written for a product! I constantly buy things--drugstore, high end, etc.-- and I haven't found anything good enough to review until I came upon this foundation! I've been searching for a summertime foundation. I tried three types of Hourglass foundations/tinted moisturizers, MUFE HD foundation, Dermablend, Revlon Colorstay for oily/combo skin, I have BareMinerals powder foundation in matte. Nothing has looked as great as this product. A lot of reviews have compared this product to Revlon ColorStay. I must say, that product did not work for my skin. I hated the finish, and it sunk into my pores, looked cakey, and it was just freakin weird around my nose. This 3-in-1 foundation is amazing for me! I have mild acne/enlarged pores/acne scarring/oily or combo skin. It's not horrible, but I feel way more comfortable wearing this foundation. It covers my imperfections great and looks so so soooo natural it's amazing! Like, my pores actually look normal and I don't feel as self-conscious about my acne marks. I apply over a primer (I use Smashbox Photofinish) with a damp beauty blender to get the most flawless finish ever! Even though I am oily, I do feel the slightest bit of tightness on my cheeks (my cheeks do not get oily) but that goes away after a few minutes and after I use a setting spray. Then I apply concealer and set my T-Zone. Do I still get oily throughout the day? Yes I do, that's something I can easily take care of with blotting sheets and a loose powder, which by the way even powder layers fabulously with this product, even after hours of oiliness. When I do get oily, the makeup doesn't cake off and look like crap like everything else I use, I still look super natural! I am not in constant fear that if I touch my face everything will fall off. If you do have oily skin, obviously set the oily areas and use the correct type of primer (still haven't found my HG primer yet!). It doesn't finish too matte where you look super dry, but its not dewy to the point where it makes you feel like a grease ball. The finish is velvety and just looks and feels like my skin, I can't emphasize that enough!

I think a lot of people are looking for the 3-in-1 qualities and get disappointed. This is an amazing (even HG for me) FOUNDATION!! If it works as a primer and concealer as well for you, great! But this is formulated as a foundation with--like any other beauty product--an intriguing description aimed at making it sound like a miracle product, so don't fault this foundation because it is just a foundation. I am the type to use a primer and concealer regardless.

Overall, I love this!! It's got great coverage when I use with my beauty blender, feels and looks very natural on my skin--not overly drying or greasy-- and is drugstore price! The pump is great and super easy to use, and it has SPF!

Sorry to ramble or get off track, but hey it's my first review and I absolutely love this stuff, at the price ($6-$12 US) and with skin conditions like mine, I would definitely reccomend!! If you are normal to dry, it may not be for you, or you may need a moisturizer/primer/spray for your specific skin needs. Hope this helped!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by orangetwigletss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is hands down the best foundation i have found for my oily skin. it blends so easily yet provides great medium to full coverage that isn't super thick. it doesn't settle into fine lines like other foundations. most importantly, it doesn't get slicked away from oil halfway through the day. i can wear this foundation to a a full day of classes or work and it will still look good when i get home. the packaging isn't the best. the pump will stop working but there is still product so i have to take it out with a q-tip. totally worth it though because this is the only foundation i feel good in. i hope covergirl never discontinues it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by befalcon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only drugstore foundation I own of which I've used up half of the bottle! I am a foundation junky and tend to give into the hype easily and will buy foundations I don't even need. So seeing that I used up half a bottle means that a lot of foundations were never used because this was the one. I use this as an alternative to my MakeupForever HD foundation. I feel like it can do the same without me using up all of my expensive foundation. The only big issue with this is oxidation. You never know if you are buying the right shade because it changes. For the claims it makes I feel that no it doesn't have the coverage of a concealer like it claims. I don't mind that but when they said it had concealer power I was expecting super coverage. Still, I recommend this if you are looking for a great quality drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

I have found my holy grail foundation!! This is I'm the perfect liquid consistency and applies so flawlessly with my beauty blender!! For a drug store foundation, this is top quality stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Andraia

I absolutely love this foundation!

I really struggle with foundation as I have combination skin and it tends to look horrible and caked on around the dry patches.

However, this foundation works fantastic for me (when using in combination with a good moisturising routine and a good primer). It glides on beautifully and blends well, especially if you use a flat top kabuki brush (I have a sigma which is amazing). The colour suites my skin perfectly, my partner commented that he couldn't even tell I was wearing foundation. It has really good lasting power. It feels really light and you don't need much for good coverage. This is also a good foundation I think for layering, although I don't layer my foundation and instead try to use a good concealing/colour corrector before I put my foundation on.

Overall this is now my go-to foundation and I would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Hayleeland

The only bad thing about this foundation is that it turned ORANGE =( I have so many other foundations but if I feel the need to try this again I will maybe in a lighter color like way lighter since it oxidizes and turns darker im only a nw20 so it was so nasty looking my face orange and the rest of my body reasonably pale but the coverage is great it lasts all day I don't have oily skin in any way shape or form so I don't much about having to touch up later in day I would recommend testing some If u can and putting a dot right next to your ear or something so not noticeable if it oxidizes ..walk around for a bit give it 10/20 minutes to see if it turns you orange like it has other people

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by lynx90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation for those who want good coverage with a natural looking finish! I used to use the revlon colorstay but found that it ended up looking a little bit cakey on my skin. This foundation does everything i need it to do and i could not recomend it enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

With the last two foundations that I purchased I had nothing more than dissapointment to share (Lancome's and Kat Von D's). I had heard great things about this CG foundation and decided to pick it up whilst I was at the drugstore, after all, it only costs $10!
It says it is a 3 in 1 foundation which I dont understand because it is only foundation mixed with sunscreen (which is amazing). It is supposedly covering like a concealer and durable on the skin like a primer. I don't know about those statements, but this is in fact a great product!
I was amazed by the coverage this provides! It covers and spreads on the skin so well, just one pump of this was too much for my whole face! I buffed it into my skin and set it with powder. It lasted a good amount of time on my super oily skin, which is definitely worth 100 points since no expensive foundation lasts on my oil slicked face at all. This also looked natural and made my skin look velvety smooth and flawless! What's not to love?
The pump dispenser is super sanitary and the thick liquid consistency this product has makes it very easy to work with. Did not feel heavy or react with my sensitive skin at all.
I will update this review in case something happens or if it provokes me acne!
***** UPDATE ********
This foundation has good oil control throughout the day, it lasted a whole 10 hrs on me until I took it off in the evening! That being said, I have noticed bumps developed all over my face, like zits but without the pain or redness or white top, (sorry for the gross description). I can't say for sure this foundation is the culprit since I just had my period, but I think I have never had “bumps" on my face before. Then again, the packaging of this foundation does not say it's non-comedogenic anywhere so this DOES clog pores. And searching up the ingredient list I came across the fact that this foundation has a lot of different alcohols in it, which help the foundation set dry and with a natural finish but alcohol is a skin irritant. I have not seen a review yet mentioning acne with this product so I am intrigued.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the outlast stay fabulous in Nude Beige (normally I'm a NW20/NC25) and it was a tad bit too light. The color in the bottle tends to be a shade darker than the actual product. I made it work just by using a "colored" setting powder. Although this foundation did not oxidized on me at all, I find that it accentuated my pores :( <--- I tried using a brush, my fingers and also the beauty blender. Coverage for me is medium. The staying power of the foundation is okay, maybe 6 hours average. Overall, it's okay but I will not buy this foundation again, maybe it's made for younger combination skin type ?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by makeupglirl

This is by far my holy grail foundation! I have very fair skin and i have never found a foundation that was my color in winter, but the lightest shade available is my exact match! It is super lightweight but the coverage is high (it conceals my acne) and buildable. It isn't oily, stays on all day and the pump packaging is more than perfect. Not to mention, the best part, when i blend it with my beauty blender it doesn't even look like makeup, just flawless skin! I recommend this product to all of my friends and all of them love it as much as i do! It is the only foundation i have ever repurchased and i will not be looking for a new one ever again!