August 28, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lip Treatments - em cosmetics - Pillow Plush Cushiony Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by leeyinmei

I was really excited to try out this product as the Em lipsticks and life pallete lip balms were really nice. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with it (bubblegum) Where of I begin

1) texture was not pillowy at all. In fact it was quite dry and not moisturizing my lip as much as far cheaper brands like NYX and even Chapstick.

2) the color payoff was poor. Hardly any hint of color from it

3) smell was not appealing

I love the life pallete and found the components of really high quality. I hope they look into this lip balm as it does bring the whole side down

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

So I have been a fan of Phan (lol) for the longest time and was so excited and proud of her when i heard she came out with her own makeup line! I just had to try it! I was a bit horrified at the prices at first. (still am) especially considering she did not come from money and has worked the crappy jobs that most of her fans probably currently work at. So I just ordered one small thing. Her lip balm in the color berries. I love love love the texture and color! The texture is amazing and cushion y but not quite as plushy as described. The packaging is cute but I will always prefer to not dirty my fingers with product. It's also not as sanitary. Disregarding my hygienic preferences I love the pigmentation! It is a deep berry color that can be blended to a thinner coat the color of wine. The color also stays forever! Even after the texture of the product is gone the color remains pretty vibrant! I am just super disappointed in the price. Just buying the normal basics for a complete face of makeup from her line could cost you a couple hundred dollars! Bit insane for me but on the bright side she has cool deals pretty often! Still love you Michelle! But your line needs a little work.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by bakaotakugirl

I got the bubble gum one for christmas, and I was so excited to use it. I wore it pretty often for a couple days, but as much as it smells nice, I'm not quite happy with it. Upon further inspection, I found out that this lip balm has many types of aluminums and titanium, both of which I am severely allergic to. Also, it has "benzyl alcohol" which is an ingrediant in acne products that causes skin to dry and peel. However I love the color and the scent, and I'm determined to finish it because it is so pricey, but I wouldn't buy it again. I recommend layering this on top of a similar smelling lip balm, I use my EOS in strawberry :) I haven't gotten a serious allergic reaction other than slight peeling because I looked at the ingredients in time. But other than that, it does look cute on my dresser ^.^

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This lip balm is smooth and gives a gentle dose of color. It lasts the average length of time for a lip balm, nothing special. The packaging is really what makes this product cute. However, for the price (a whopping $15!), I would not repurchase. There are plenty of other cheap alternatives that are more portable (as in, fit in your pocket).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I'd pass on this one. My review is for different colours but the ingredients, texture and smell and end result are the same. Possibly the worst of all the em stuff I received.. .or at least tied with a few other things. I got 3 colours - Vanilla (pale nude VERY sparkley) , Sorbet (orange but shows up clear on my lips) , and Lollipop (the best of all 3 - a watermelon red). They retail for about $15 online.

With all 3 the biggest issue is they are SOOOO sticky, and every time I apply it stays sticky and tacky till it is gone from my lips. When I wear this at work, I can feel my lips sticking together and it feels almost like glue-like drool in between your lips when you talk, and yes, I apply just a tiny dab. Also the smell is a super sweet to the point of being sickly chemical vanilla smell. I love vanilla scents but it is unbearable to my sensitive nose. I wish they would tone down the smell a bit.

Lastly - it makes my lips drier, so then I need to re-apply more often, which then leads to more dryness and headaches from the smell. I prefer normal lip balm or the L'oreal Le Balm (a twist up lipstick style lip balm with a tint) - plus they give more colour and softness to the lips and cost less than half the price and you don't need to dip your fingers repeatedly into an unsanitary pot of goop.

And then. . .the colour. 2 of 3 do not show up at all. I've heard multiple complaints about this from other people and also online. Maybe it will be reformulated at some point. The vanilla only adds sparkles and no colour, so as I reapply my lips feel like there is dirt or some gritty feeling. I've just stopped using Vanilla altogether because it was too unpleasant and pointless. Sorbet is completely clear even though it looks orange in the pot it adds no colour at all to my lips. Lollipop is ok - adds a bit of colour that is soft and pretty, but nothing I can't dupe for less than 1/2 the price.

Overall - I'd rather just buy a twist-up tinted balm from any other brand high or lower end and get better results without the chemical syrupy vanilla stink. At least then my husband doesn't complain about the smell and I don't get headaches.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

If you were one of the gals that loved the Clinique Black Honey Pot Gloss of the 80s, I have found something very close to it! em cosmetics by Michelle Phan's Pillow Plus Lip Balm in Berries is my new favorite lip gloss for winter. It's called a lip balm but it's more of a pot gloss. It's dark in the pot but gives the look of crushed berry stain on the lip. Its "balm" property is that is moisturizing but the color lasts on the lip. I'm so excited to have this product and it comes in other colors but it's my new Black Honey dupe! Love love love!

Update: I've tried using this as a little blush/highligher with the leftover product on my fingertip and it gives me a pretty, healthy glow. I love this stuff! Looks like I will be buying a couple more of these babies.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No