November 23, 2014 | 1156 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Nude Glow Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After using this shimmer brick for a few weeks, I can say that Nude Glow is different from the other Shimmerbricks because it is extremely fine milled shimmer powder. I own and like several of the Shimmerbricks but had to get this one too because of the texture being so wonderful. The shades are a nice mix of four shades in gold pink and beige - instead of the usual shimmer brick strips - and they give me a nice flattering glow without looking frosty. I have used Nude Glow on top of bronzer as well as on top of powder blush, both options work very well. I am pleased to see this rather warm mix of shimmer shades work so well on my cool tone skin (I am NW15 for reference), but can see this look beautiful on many skin tones. Since these products are pricey at $42, it is probably safest to give this a try at a Bobbi Brown counter.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After testing out numerous products to add glow to my skin, I purchased this limited edition Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Nude Glow.

I am a medium Indian completion with yellow undertones; shade Warm Honey/Golden in BB and NC44/C6 in Mac and have been searching for a product that is not glittery or coloured but that just adds glow. Neither bronzy, brassy or ashy, this product comes in four squares of bronze, copper, rose gold and pearl finely milled, silky, buttery, pearlescent powders. Swirled together, I wouldn't call it a highlighter or a bronzer - instead it is more of an illuminator that gives my cheeks/face a subtle, lovely glow that looks healthy in the day and can be built up to look ultra glamorous at night - The Indian girl's Ambient Lighting powder maybe...

Down side wise, at £35 for 6.5g, (as with many Bobbi Brown products) it is ridiculously pricey and I feel the packaging doesn't live up to the price tag. Plastic, lightweight black and gold looks bulky and cheap- doesn't the opulent price deserves opulent packaging?

Price gripe aside, this is a good product for me.

EDIT: I have since found other shimmer bricks that work just as well, without the ridiculous price tag. Sue Moxley being one of them.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is limited edition and was released for the 2013 Holiday Collection. I tried this out after seeing this in a haul from You Tube. The woman in the video said that it could be used as an all over powder in order to achieve a beautiful glow.I was intrigued by this product and it looked promising. The shade turned out to be much darker than my skin tone and I looked somewhat ill with the powder on. The search for my HG finishing powder continues. I will not purchase.