September 30, 2014 | 1875 users online

Lip Treatments - Vaseline - Lip Therapy - Rosy Lips

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome scent and great product. I absolutely love the slight pink tinge and the moisturizing properties. And while I usually frown on dipping my fingers, any excess i just use as a cuticle balm. Amaze!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by cookiegirltoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this...thought it would be a nice moisturizing gloss for my lips while adding a bit of color. It was sticky, gooey and "tacky". Not at all like regular Vaseline. The consistency is completely different--I thought it would be the same but with a bit of color. I was wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by dogkisses04

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My New Favorite lip product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by 4tee1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mlbb, I have pigmented lips but this just "finishes" my look without adding a ton of color or sticky-ness. I am not a lip gloss or big lipstick wearer. I prefer natural makeup. Don't get me wrong, I wear full makeup but spend time researching neutral & natural looking products that enhance my look, not change it. If you don't like that kind of thing, or are expecting a huge color payoff, you should get something else, but for me, this works wonders and I have several pots of it. I love the slight rosy scent too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Bellavistarn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for my lips and also my cheeks!! Stop right here if you have oily skin because this is a petroleum product. I have mature skin which use to be very oily but now I have a T-zone that can get oily and the outer potion of my face is dry. Finding products that address both is a problem. Anyway, I use a powder blush (EL Mauve Mystique) but my cheeks are really dry so the powder blush can reveal my age even with a good cream. I have tried cream blush which fades quickly on me. I got a sample of the Rosy Lips lip treatment when I purchased some Vaseline body lotion. One day, on impulse, after putting on my blush I took a Q-tip and dabbed a little of this product over my powder blush then blended with my fingers. The effect was amazing!! Suddenly,my cheeks "popped" and they looked dewy even after I had set everything with a little loose powder. Women have asked me for the brand name of the blush I use and when I tell them how I get the effect I don't think they believe me. Anyway, it works for me and it might work for you to if you have dry cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK so first of all let me say that I had been looking for this product for MONTHS and had started thinking of it as a unicorn because I was never able to find it anywhere in NYC. Granted we miss out on the fun Walmart and Target type shopping where I can get lost for hours in those huge cosmetics aisles but I can usually find the DS products I want SOMEWHERE. Anyway, after all those months I finally spotted some today in the Chelsea Bed Bath & Beyond and snapped it up.

My biggest concern about this product was that they would have overdone the rose tint, making the product fuchsia, too bright or not natural-looking as a MLBB shade. I am so glad that they erred on the side of UNDERtinting this product. It really is so subtle -- just the hint of a rosy tint and you really do not look like you are wearing lip color -- your lips just look alive and healthy. I have relatively colorless lips on a pale face so I am able to see the subtle and natural boost that this product provides. Absolutely for those with deeply pigmented lips, this is barely going to show up as color. For my purposes I think they got the color just right.

As far as the texture and moisturizing properties -- I think ratings on this (or any lip balm) are going to vary widely according to personal preference. Personally, I have tried them ALL (there are so few lip care products out there I have not tried -- from $ to $$$$$) and I am perfectly content with this one. I don't find it particularly sticky, it moisturizes adequately (my HG for moisturization remains Kiehl's #1 IN THE POT, NOT THE TUBE), and I barely notice the rose scent. After recently giving in to the hype and dropping major bank on Baume by Terry for the first time, I have to say I probably prefer this product overall for its general comfort and moisturizing. That is no small statement considering I paid upwards of $60 for that pot of BBT and about $4 for the Vaseline. I do think the BBT makes lips look pretty but not $65 pretty if you ask me.

With regard to the packaging, I think the tiny little Vaseline pot is the cutest thing ever. I wish the lid attached, because it is easy to accidentally drop a detachable lid into the NYC subway and never see it again, but not a big deal. I am looking forward to using this product and hopefully being able to find it in store again (!) to replace it and buy multiple pots for home, office and travel.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This version of the Vaseline lip therapy line completed my collection. I fell in love with the other two and thought a slight tint would completely rock my world. I think my lips are pretty pigmented to begin with, because I don't notice much color from this...which is the point, I know, but still.
The rose scent was a nice surprise.

A great product. Super adorable. Super affordable. But I wouldn't repurchase this particular "flavor"

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by recaulk25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just saw this at Target today and snapped it up. They were out of my BFF Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. This stuff is my jam, though. I like the slightly gooey consistency, faint tint, teeny little Vaseline-looking jar, and slight rose scent. I will stockpile, not just repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

Bought this a few weeks ago because I've been loving using vaseline on my lips lately- it seems to be the only thing that can repair them. They have been chapped (painfully so!) since December (below the lip as well). I wanted a travel size Vaseline with a hint of color for everyday use- so I bought this. Pros: Travel-Friendly, cute packaging, nice color payoff, nice scent, moisturizes lips well once it soaks in. Cons: STICKY! Ugh, that was the only frustrating part. So, so sticky until it soaks in. Over all, would repurchase :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by triplemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Guess I was duped by the latest "beauty awards" from Redbook. Shame on me. This is petroleum jelly, pure and simple. There is no discernable "rose" tint to the lips (I am light/medium, blue eyes, brown hair.) It's just plain ole' Vaseline, repackaged. Always moisturizing, but nothing different.