August 22, 2014 | 1785 users online

Treatments - Lumene - Dry Skin Comfort Radiance Cocktail

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I love to use this for days my skin is dry and flaky. It's a very nourishing facial oil and serum in one- hence the 'cocktail'. Great packaging in glass with pump lid that locks shut.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product. Based on the great reviews it had on Amazon and on here, I thought it'd be a safe bet. The reality of it was that it really wasn't all that great. Its only been 2 days, but even the texture of the serum itself is a mixture of being watery and kinda sticky. It sits on my face the same way a toner would and it gives no "comfort" at all. The bottle itself is glass and at the top it has a pump which I think is more sanitary than a container. Before you use it, you need to shake it well. If you're really set on trying this product out, then go ahead, but use with your daily moisturizer of sunscreen as it does not contain SPF. Also, definitely purchase it on Amazon, its much cheaper than the regular price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don’t have dry skin, but its winter and I use anti-aging products, so my skin does need more moisture than usual. I purchased this product on a whim at CVS and am very glad that I did.

Cloudberry seed oil has been found to help moisturize, preserve elasticity, and have anti-oxidant effects on the skin. There is also jojoba oil, avocado oil, etc. included in this product. While I cannot judge whether the composition of the serum does indeed do all of that, I can certainly say that it is super moisturizing. One to one-and-a-half pumps is enough to cover my entire face and neck. It feels extra light and refreshing on my skin, although if I put on more, it can feel a bit greasy to the touch. I follow with a moisturizer (usually) and my skin feels super soft well into the next day.

On the box it says that this serum is best for people approximately 25-40 years of age. The clear bottle is somewhat impractical for travel purposes, but you can see exactly how much you have left, and the pump is great. You have to shake really well – it helps to turn the bottle upside down – so that the water- and oil-based parts can mix.

I have already purchased a back-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To start I was surprised this wasn't in the MakeupAlley database because this was the product I most wanted to share my thoughts on!

My skin is very dry and flaky and no moisturizer or facial oil has helped. I saw this and the name sucked me in "Dry Skin Comfort" that was just what I needed. I hated the tight and taught feeling my skin gets after washing, and while moisturizing relieves it, it obviously wasn't enough. I had purchased this for probably 23 dollars at CVS which is quite pricey but I was desperate.

The packaging is very nice, a glass bottle with a pump that has a lock top which is an A+ in my book. You shake the two separated solutions and pump the "Cocktail" (ooooo) into your hands. I then press it into the areas that are the driest for me it's my upper lip and chin area. I then take the remainder and press on my cheeks and forehead and massage into the skin. It literally feels so good and very relieving of any crispy tight feeling.

Another thing about this product is it's a vitamin C treatment: my skin has changed. I looked in the mirror about 2 weeks after morning and night use and noticed that a very large acne scar that I had once had from a month long cystic pimple had virtually almost faded away. I was ecstatic, it really worked to fade dark marks and uneven skintone.

I've been using this product religiously for about two months and have noticed such a difference in my skin. My skin is so even, I break out less, and when I do scarring doesn't occur. I don't think I could live without this now. It's already looking like it'll be done within the next month so I purchased a backup (it was on clearance 25% off). I highly recommend it for anyone with very dry skin like me. If you have combo skin I recommend only using it at night as a good treatment. I don't even seen the need to use my normal moisturizer anymore as this does such a great job keeping my skin hydrated.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No