August 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Deodorants - Avon - Skin So Soft Signature Silk

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

All of a sudden, my current deodorant (Dove) caused painful lumps under my arms. Over a 9 month period after the lumps became a problem, I switched brands 4 different times and found no relief. I even tried the natural crystal but it burned my skin. I went to my dermatologist with the problem and her recommendation was a long course of antibiotics (30 days); I did it but that did not help. Going back to her, she tried injecting the area with a steroid, and that worked only temporarily. The last option she suggested was surgery to remove. I did not know what to do. Finally, a friend's mother asked me if I had tried Avon deodorants. I knew what she was talking about but thought "they still make those?" She went on to tell me that she had heard that they do not cause lumps. I had nothing to lose...so I got some. In my city, there is a store in a strip mall that sells Avon products so I stopped in and bought a few different varieties of the Avon deodorants, and the Skin So Soft Signature Silk was one of them. (Cost was 2 deodorants for $1.75 -- no kidding!) The first type did not really help the situation, so I switched to the Skin So Soft Signature Silk. WOW>>>> That was 8 weeks ago, and my underarms have been completely lump free ever since! The packaging is not the best and yes, it is an "old school" roll-on, but let me tell you: It dries pretty quickly, leaves zero residue on my skin or on my clothes and holds b.o. at bay all day long. What is more, my armpits are now super soft in addition to being lump free. I could not be happier with this product. Given the issues I was having with the lumps, this is really a God-send. I wish I could give this 50 lippies, I'm so happy with it.