October 25, 2014 | 905 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by marsinmanhattan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally buy the original Burt's. I've used the brand for a good 10 years. It's my favorite. I actually bought this on accident but it was serendipity for sure. The smell is amazing, very tropical and coconuts. It feels so great on my lips! Not as waxy as the original but I kinda like that about it. I'm definitely sticking to this one from now on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. The coconut scent is soft and not cloying and the pear adds a touch of fruity. It is indeed hydrating, is clear when applied, leaves a shine and does not taste bad. I even use it on my cuticles. I highly recommend this balm! Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

Hands down my favourite chapstick. I love the smell, which could easily get screwed up and be something more along the lines of generic sunblock, but it's not. It also tastes like coconut, which is an added bonus from my (and my boyfriends) point of view. It definitely lives up to its name, specifically, hydrating. My lips feel soft and hydrated and not tight after this product wears off. It also lasts very long on my lips, even though I constantly rub them together. For me, that fact alone is enough to keep this in my lippie regimine permanently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff! The coconut pear variety is the best IMO. It's a great consistency - you don't have to put on 283682 layers to feel like it's moisturizing. It certainly smells tropical - but I don't smell the pear. Regardless, I've already purchased a few backups to keep around the house. It's about time I found a Burt's Bees balm I like!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay so apparently I am one of the only ones who likes this product and would buy again. This is the smoothest balm I've tried from Burt's Bees. The smell is kind of synthetic coconut and pear but it doesn't linger. My lips feel so soft and smooth - love this formula. I also don't lick my lip balms so I can't comment about the "taste". Would buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by GingerThistle

I've been disappointed by Burt's Bees before, I SO want to like the brand. The creative coconut/pear hydration combo in the name really drew me in. Unfortunately, from the time I popped the cap I was disappointed. First, there's a strait-up sunscreen smell and there's no pear smell at all. Then, when applying, the consistency is very thin. It definitely does not feel like a balm, and lacks any characteristics that could lead to a hydrating lip product. The worst thing of all is that when I put the balm on, my lips were in good condition, and a few minutes after the first application my lips felt wind burnt. Now, a few hours later, my lips are sore and dry. Not an allergic reaction. Unfortunately for me this product does exactly the opposite of what it claims.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by loveover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I saw this in the store, I was so excited to try the new Burt's Bees lip balm! But sadly, I was majorly disappointed. The balm itself nice. It's smooth, not waxy, and somewhat hydrating. I find that it sinks into my lips and leaves a matte texture. But it tends to wear off in the corners of my lips and the worst part, it SMELLS AND TASTES AWFUL. It smells like coconut crossed with pear flavored jelly beans. To some that might sound nice but I don't really like it. It kinda smells and tastes like old sunscreen after a while. I'm a person that likes nice smells and tastes so this is a no go. Too bad because I like the formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by NurseKaren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this new Burt's Bees Lip Bam at Target the other day. It is called Hydrating and it has Coconut and Pear in it. Subtle hint of both in the smell and the taste. It is super smooth but not greasy. The lasting power was outstanding!! It lasted through eating breakfast and dinner as well as drinking several cups of water and I still had some on. The label said nothing about it being long lasting but WOW is it ever. There is no color/tint to this product. It comes in the standard Burt's Bees yellow lip balm tube but this one has a white cap. Target is the only place I have seen this little beauty. Would I purchase this product again........DEFINITELY! My lips were horribly chapped when I got it and by afternoon, I could not tell they had been chapped at all. I miss the tingle of the mint but for longevity and quality, I think this has become my new favorite!!