Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut and Pear

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/17/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is probably my favorite Burt's bees, followed by the pomegranate. It is moisturizing, and has very good glide. It is not super creamy but I can feel it sink in, so it actually would help my lips if they were chapped, as well as being a great preventative balm. It is super coconutty, but I like the twist that the pear gives it. Give it a try!

on 1/26/2015 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Burt's Bees is the best lip balm you will ever use... HANDS DOWN!!! It is has all the moisturizing properties you want in a lip balm...moisturizing, non-greasy, non-sticky, ect...with a variety of flavors that you will love. It has the qualities I always wished Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers would have had besides just the flavors. I have been using Burt's for about thirteen years now and swear by it. I have only ever had chapped lips when I ran out of it and did not repurchase after a few days. I have used Carmex, Blistex, and Chapstick in between just to try out a tasty flavor they have...I always end up tossing it and going back to Burt's because that stuff ended up making my lips dry and crack. This Flavor is another gem to that line. It has all the good qualities mentioned above. It smells like fresh coconut oil. I could not smell the pear in the formula. Its a wonderful smell, let me tell you! It is great lip balm and worth giving a try!

on 1/4/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one is another favorite of mine. Its texture is pretty identical to the Mango Butter one (you can actually buy these two in a set). It leaves my lips smooth and silky and smells delicious. I don't get so much of the pear fragrance, but definitely coconut.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I normally buy the original Burt's. I've used the brand for a good 10 years. It's my favorite. I actually bought this on accident but it was serendipity for sure. The smell is amazing, very tropical and coconuts. It feels so great on my lips! Not as waxy as the original but I kinda like that about it. I'm definitely sticking to this one from now on!

on 5/5/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a great product. The coconut scent is soft and not cloying and the pear adds a touch of fruity. It is indeed hydrating, is clear when applied, leaves a shine and does not taste bad. I even use it on my cuticles. I highly recommend this balm! Will buy again.

on 5/2/2014 8:29:00 PM

Hands down my favourite chapstick. I love the smell, which could easily get screwed up and be something more along the lines of generic sunblock, but it's not. It also tastes like coconut, which is an added bonus from my (and my boyfriends) point of view. It definitely lives up to its name, specifically, hydrating. My lips feel soft and hydrated and not tight after this product wears off. It also lasts very long on my lips, even though I constantly rub them together. For me, that fact alone is enough to keep this in my lippie regimine permanently.

on 3/16/2014 3:47:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff! The coconut pear variety is the best IMO. It's a great consistency - you don't have to put on 283682 layers to feel like it's moisturizing. It certainly smells tropical - but I don't smell the pear. Regardless, I've already purchased a few backups to keep around the house. It's about time I found a Burt's Bees balm I like!

on 3/14/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Okay so apparently I am one of the only ones who likes this product and would buy again. This is the smoothest balm I've tried from Burt's Bees. The smell is kind of synthetic coconut and pear but it doesn't linger. My lips feel so soft and smooth - love this formula. I also don't lick my lip balms so I can't comment about the "taste". Would buy again!

I've been disappointed by Burt's Bees before, I SO want to like the brand. The creative coconut/pear hydration combo in the name really drew me in. Unfortunately, from the time I popped the cap I was disappointed. First, there's a strait-up sunscreen smell and there's no pear smell at all. Then, when applying, the consistency is very thin. It definitely does not feel like a balm, and lacks any characteristics that could lead to a hydrating lip product. The worst thing of all is that when I put the balm on, my lips were in good condition, and a few minutes after the first application my lips felt wind burnt. Now, a few hours later, my lips are sore and dry. Not an allergic reaction. Unfortunately for me this product does exactly the opposite of what it claims.

on 12/4/2013 12:24:00 AM

When I saw this in the store, I was so excited to try the new Burt's Bees lip balm! But sadly, I was majorly disappointed. The balm itself nice. It's smooth, not waxy, and somewhat hydrating. I find that it sinks into my lips and leaves a matte texture. But it tends to wear off in the corners of my lips and the worst part, it SMELLS AND TASTES AWFUL. It smells like coconut crossed with pear flavored jelly beans. To some that might sound nice but I don't really like it. It kinda smells and tastes like old sunscreen after a while. I'm a person that likes nice smells and tastes so this is a no go. Too bad because I like the formula.

Popular Lip Treatments