October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Powder - Kanebo - Triple Touch Compact

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe nobody has reviewed this wonderful product as yet.
It took me a while to figure out where should I put it, because overall it is a sandwich type palette housed in a modest greyish black shiny case by looking at which you will never expect to get a smart 3-in-1 combination of a clear silicone-y base, a coloured concealer and a powder which may well serve as compact foundation. In total you get 15 grams of stuff divided in what may look like 25% base 25% concealer 50% powder for the price of the powder itself.
I have it in TC-01 Light which may look somewhat yellowish in the pan but works surprisingly good for my fair to light neutral-cool complexion. The base is fine, it is good for small patches like pigmentation, pores on one's nose and chin. Wouldn't last long if used for the whole face. I doubt it would last long at all. Use your finger to gently tap it on. Then wait for it to settle. Here comes the concealer. Great stuff to cover (scary) under eye circles. Use a concealer or lip brush (I use Dior retractable 31), tap it on, blend with your fingers. Do not use a lot, you will be happy with a tiny amount. Tap it on all spots you don't like, it will help. Base makes it last and adhere better, under eyes it works fine alone. Doesn't crease, doesn't settle in fine lines. Remember, this is from Sensai line intended for mature audience.
And finally comes the powder. It is not that pressed stiff hi-tech stuff you are get used to in recent European endeavours, it is quite old-fashioned feeling in the pan. Use a large fluffy brush (or even the puff enclosed, surprisingly it works fine!) like Chanel powder 1 and just gently press, don't get hard on the pan, it dusts all over. Allow it to settle for 5 minutes - and voila! Here pure magic steps in. You have a full natural translucent skin a good 5-7 years younger looking. And god it lasts! It lasts a good 5 hours on my oily nose and all day elsewhere. Then you may touch up with the puff (which is closer to a sponge in a way).
The only downside of Kanebo Sensai is the price. I got mine on the internet for what appears half price in Europe and I paid like 47 dollars. Anyway, it's a steal and I might consider paying the full price as well. In fact, I have used a lot of stuff mainly preferring Guerlain powders and I have never given another thought purchasing really hi end stuff but this beats it all. It's my truly HG face compact and I can not recommend it more. You can use Meteorites or Terracotta on top if you want, you can leave it as is, you can even use the powder on top of your foundation, it won't look garish. It just melts in and becomes a part of naturally beautiful you.
Already repurchased, I don't want to be without it.