October 22, 2014 | 1432 users online

Bath Treatments - Aveeno - Shower & Bath Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Poli93

I've been a loyal Dove fan for as long as I can remember, but after reading the reviews for Aveeno's products I thought I'd give them a try. What I can say about the whole range is that it is very moisturizing, leaves the skin velvetty smooth! The range does contain paraffinium liquidum (mineral oil) though, which may be a bad thing (many say it's bad for the skin, many say it's harmless, who knows). The smell is a bit weird at first, especially if like me you're used to heavily-fragranced body products...It kinda feels as if you were rubbing Weetabix all over your body lol. But I've grown to like it.
This shower oil is pretty good. Does it's job, simple as that. It doesn't lather up as well as other bath oils (like L'Occitaine's Almond Showe Oil, which is fantastic but waaay too expensive) but it's still alright.
I wouldn't buy it again just because I want to give Aveeno's classic shower gel a go. But I like it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

LOVE this stuff, its truly a saviour if you suffer with eczema or similar dry skin conditions. I put a little bit of this miracle worker in the bath along with a small amount of baby oil and it literally gives you the softest skin you can imagine. Previously, I had only ever used the Oilatum Bath with the baby oil and it just doesn't give the same result. The Aveeno oil seems thicker and more concentrated whilst the Oilatum is thinner and a lot more greasy, so when putting the Aveeno in the bath it feels like it does more. My skin feels itch free all day and completely hydrated. You can also use it in the shower, but my personal preferance is to use it in the bath. Because having hot baths is definitely not good for dry skin, this basically stops it from drying the skin out completely, so I do use it every time I bathe. It also has its signature ingredient included in pretty much all Aveeno products which is Oatmeal, which is a key ingriedient in getting rid of eczema. Its great, would definitely recommend and have repurcashed numerous times.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by AnnaAshton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing , will bay again .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I put this oil in a spray bottle and mist all over right before my final rinse in the shower. My skin feels moist and healthy without any oily residue. The spray takes much less time than having to rub on body lotion after the bath and my skin feels good all day. The smell is quite subtle, so it shouldn't offend even the most sensitive nose. I've been using this for about two weeks, and I like it better each time I use it. The time-savings alone makes it much better than body lotion.
I've never used it in a bath, but I always shower. Some say that it doesn't mix with the water in a bath, but floats around on the surface only.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This and Oilatum are my moisturising bath products of choice. Aveeno out performs the Oilatum, moisture-wise, and feels that much nicer on the skin. I don't get too much greasiness, but for the most part the skin on my body is dry and can get itchy and sensitive because of it. This helps a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is really growing on me. Right now I am rubbing it on my pregnant belly post-shower, post-towel pat-down. I try and make sure there is a little moisture on my skin still otherwise if my skin is TOO wet it turned into this white milky condsistency and doesnt work as well. Anyway. I like it. I get out of the shower, pat dry and then apply. I dont know if it will prevent stretch marks but at least I am trying to moisturize my skin a little. I will also take note on a previous review and try it for shaving!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very nice honey almondy scent. Not super, super oily like some. This is very soothing.

CONS: This won't sit on the shelf for a long time without going bad. Have to use it up pretty quick.

ALTERNATES: I ended up usually just using my stand-bys, which is jojoba oil or grape seed oil, because it lasts in the bottle for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by DeeDee247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am prove to hives outbreaks when my histamine levels are high. As well as I have really dry body skin (my face is excessively oily so I use their facial products too). I use all of their products-except hair. This oil has literally stopped my itching and dryness. A few drops and a rinse that's it, coupled with a pat dry, and an application of oatmeal lotion. I am very soft and my skin is moisturized and balanaced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this product, but I don't use it how it's intended. My skin is particularly dry and for me, it doesn't work well at all as an 'in shower moisturizer' like the bottle says. I found out quickly that my skin requires a more heavy-duty moisturizer after bathing.

Instead, I find it's best as a replacement for shaving cream. I typically wax, but lately, I've gone back to shaving. Regular shaving cream gives me redness, itching...etc. This product leaves me bump-free and very smooth/soft.

I will definitely repurchase it for shaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by TG83

Holy Crap do I love this stuff.

Pros:
1. Rub on and rinse off. Easy!
2. Stay moisturized without feeling goopey.
3. If you do this before you shave, you get a closer shave and you can skip a day of shaving.
4. Only need a few drops per body part so it lasts a long time.
5. Stops the itch.
6. You feel like a baby's butt.
7. $7 so it isnt expensive at all. I have had my bottle for 8 months and it is still 3/4 of the way full

Cons:
1. Not readily available.
2. It smells like almonds. Which I don't particularly like. But it fades quickly so it isn't horrible.