em cosmetics Waterliner - Intense Color Eyeliner

3.2

on 12/25/2014 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible product. Upon opening, the product showed signs of breakage. Once I've used it, it doesn't apply smoothly. Sorry I got excited for nothing. Try a better brand for the same price or cheaper

on 12/23/2014 7:47:00 PM

bought this eyeliner when there was 50% sale so it was definitely worth the price! regret not stocking up
I wore this eyeliner all day and it did not smudge at all,
took a nap and woke up with no smudge at all

on 9/20/2014 8:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got the black one for waterlining and it really didn't last or work as marketed. I didn't want to throw this away so I used it as a regular eyeliner and I must say that it work as great as equally well as MAC technakohl (long-lasting) which I compare it to and goes on smoother than technakohl and last all day too. Pls. make more colors Michelle!!

on 2/2/2014 5:43:00 PM

I had really high expectations for this due to the amount of people gushing over this eyeliner and the fact it was called "waterliner". I don't own it, but I used my cousin's one in black. I was so disappointed. I don't line my eyes much, but I do often line my waterline. When I first used it, I found that it wasn't "intense" as marketed and it took a while for me to get to look decent on my water liner. But I was like ehh. As long as it gave good result. But it didn't. Less than an hour later, It not only transferred to my bottom waterline, but it smudged under my eye! I was so sad. Maybe it is just for me, however, I will not be purchasing this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the waterliner in: Ros Gold, Sunshine Yellow, Teal Tease, Royal Amethyst, Turquoise, Emerald, Bronze Kiss, and Black Night.

I was so excited to try this product. It seemed so different from what's out there on the market. However, after purchase, the product proved wrong -- there's nothing special about it, and there's products out there that has the same quality or even better.

First impression: Packing - standard; typical box; liner comes with smudge tip and a sharpener--surprise! Though you have to pull on it with some strength to get to the sharpener, it's a neat feature to have, but with little product in the liner, I'm hesitant to want to sharpen and lose even more product! The liner itself - overall: meh! One liner I opened thinking "where the heck is the product?!" Only to find that when I opened it, the liner product flew out on the floor somewhere. Good thing it's solid so and I saw it before stepping on it and smudging it all over the carpet! -Ugh- that would suck...$19 for a liner only to create a mess at home?!... no thanks.

While the waterliners gives off beautiful swatches; the lighter shades have no color pay off when applying on the waterline or as an eyeliner. The lighter shades are beautiful, but not worth it if you can't get the same color pay off as when swatching. However, the darker shades apply much better both on the waterline as well as an eyeliner. But for the amount of product, I wouldn't suggest getting this waterliner.

Girls, if you like to do your makeup on the go, DO NOT consider this product. Like I mentioned earlier, the liner product does seem to fall out of the applicator. So if you're doing your make-up on the bus (public transit) or something...bye-bye waterliner! $19 down the drain. It was $19 when I bought it, and now with the price decrease I still would not recommend this product... save your money for something else. Unless, you don't mind these product flaws, then I would suggest you go try the darker shades.

on 1/18/2014 12:36:00 AM

The texture is drier, which makes it slightly harder to apply than UD pencil liners. However, I loved it overall.
I have rather oilier eye lides that will cause a number of pencil liners to smudge, regardless of the price. This particular eyeliner, in chocolate dream, didn't smudge on my lids at all. The shade is very rich in color, yet has a very natural finish at the same time.
The price is a little high for a small pencil liner, but I got mine when there was a deal during thanks giving. I would recommend it anybody.

on 12/26/2013 1:25:00 PM

Surprisingly enough, I'm a major fan of this. I have it in gray and was skeptical at first but it holds very well on my oily skin. I use it with a primer. It takes a couple seconds to set after I smudge it and after I don't have to be worried. It is a little pricey but meh, nothing crazy. Use this every day now and it has become a staple in my makeup bag. I use it to grab a little gel liner and apply. I would buy it again... But only if it's on sale. :) Excited to try Ro's Gold!

on 12/19/2013 5:47:00 AM

Normally I'm not a fan of pencil or mechanical eyeliner. They always smudge for me. Michelle Phan has the first eyeliner that hasn't smudged in me. In fact it's a little difficult to smudge but for me that's fine! It's not difficult to apply. I bought one in black and one in ros gold. Not sure if it's because I'm tan but the ros gold is fairly light. The package is okay, kinda reminds me of urban decay but more feminine. Could definitely add more product in the utensil though.

on 12/14/2013 2:38:00 AM

I got it in the color black. It arrive broken. I took off the cap and the entire product, the core, fell out! I had to stick it back in, pressed it a little bit to make it stay. It is super creamy and black on my hand. Unfortunately it did not apply as smoothly on my eyes. It didn't fill in between the lashes. I had to do that with black eyeshadow. Even though I used a primer and set with black eye shadow, it smudged like crazy by the end of the day. Not worth all that $$. Not suitable for oily lids.

on 11/27/2013 1:58:00 AM