Bourjois Happy Light (2013 formulation)

Aqua, Dimethicone, Phenyl trimethicone, Butylene glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone , Saccharide isomerate, Tribehenin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Alcohol, Methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Sodium chloride, Stearyl dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Synthetic fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium hectorite, Vinyl dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Triethyl citrate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum, Hydrogen dimethicone, Alumina, Citric acid, Sodium citrate, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, +/- may contain: Cl 77891 (Titanium dioxide), Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 (Iron oxides), Mica, Cl 77007 (Ultramarines).

on 8/20/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

My HG foundation and luckily for me its still available in Europe!
'Bourjois Happy Light' Foundation is the answer to all my foundation problems and hides some amazing secrets that explain its awesomeness.

It was told to me by people in the know that Bourjois and Chanel are sister brands (they get made from the same ingredients in the same factories etc) so when you buy a Bourjois product you basically get the value of a Chanel for a much friendlier price.

I have a sensitive, dry skin that is pretty wrinkle free but when I wear the wrong foundation I will either look flakey or like my skin is part orange peel. My skin has also the habit of eating foundation or making it disappear and appear patchy (despite the use of primer etc)
Happy Light is different from all the foundations that I have tried, it doesn't look like I have any foundation on my skin yet gives me a natural dewey fresh look
It stays put all day and it doesn't shine or fade away. I have also noticed that when I wear it and photos are being taken my skin and skin-tone look flawless! It applies wonderfully (I love products in pumps since I get the right amount and its super hygienic) it applies amazingly even and in summer heat it doesn't butch! I have several bottles in back up and I dread the day I can no longer find it! I would be severely lost!

Pros:
*It's not expensive for the quality of the product.
*It comes in a glass bottle that has a pump; making it hygienic and easy to get the right amount.
*It doesn't look like you have anything on your face, it just makes your skin look much better and evens your skin-tone and hides imperfections.
*It doesn't move in summer heat yet comes easily off with make up remover etc.
*It looks amazing in photos!
*It doesn't dry your skin out or causes breakouts or allergies.

Cons:
*The choice in shades is poor.
The lighter shades may be too light and the darker shades may be too dark for you. I have solved this by buying a dark shade and mixing it with a bit of a lighter shade so that it matches my summer skin. The lighter shade I use in the winter with a drop of the darker shade to give it a healthy glow. If I have need for a different shade I find that the shades are very easily mixed, even on your skin.
*You may have to buy two shades to find the one that suits you.
*Depending on where you live you may not be able to find it anymore - If you do I can only recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This foundation is just so orange on my face.
I got this for SGD$17, when there was a sale. I tried the testers in the store and the shade golden beige is the one that matches me, the other shades are either too light or too dark for my face. However, when i put this on my face, it just turns orange! I even waited for it to oxidize to my shade but it didn't happen. It dries semi-matte on my face which is nice, but it is a little too drying as the dry patches on my face seemed more obvious with this foundation on. In the end, i had to sell it away at a much lower price to someone else. It smells kinda weird to me, maybe i got a bad batch(?)
The packaging is cute and nice with a pump though, and that is pretty much the only good thing about this.

on 5/3/2015 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's a good foundation, very light since I personally don't like full heavy coverage but I just picked the wrong colour. It's light bronze and way too yellow for me. Anyways it blends nicely, looks natural and stays on quite well

on 3/11/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this foundation since I hit 40 as my old L'oreal gold luminous was not quite sitting right anymore.
I found golden beige 53 the prefect but slightly warmer healthier shade of my skin just right.
My skin is combination and I use my fingers to put it on. It really sits nicely on my skin giving it a lovely dewy look as I think matt looks too flat on me. The consistency is just right not too thick and not too thin and runny.
It lasts most of the day and might need primer before hand on really hot days but otherwise it still let's my skin breathe.
I won't stop using this as it's the only foundation that doesn't sit in my wrinkles as much as all the other brands iv tried. Iv tried Clinique and cheaper brands and always end up coming back to this. This is my favourite and the price is ok.

on 12/26/2014 7:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this foundation. Bourjois makes the best drugstore foundation out there.

My skin is combination - oily forehead T zone, dry everywhere else. I like a natural coverage so i use half a pump, dot it across my cheeks and forehead and blend. The finish is not matt, it looks natural, satin, like good skin. It lasted well for the whole day, even on my oily forehead. At the end of the day, my skin still looks really nice.

The consistency is fairly liquid, does not feel sticky and thick. Feels very comfortable on the skin. Sometimes i'd powder and sometimes i don't. It lasts pretty well either way. Fragrance is light, which is great because i hate strong fragrances.

I am NC 30 and uses shade 52, which is slightly darker for me. I think there is only a lighter shade which is too light for me. I feel the shade jump between 52 and 51 is too big, i probably needed to mix if i really want to get an exact match. But i didn't mind slightly darker since i sheer it out.

The scent is light, alittle sickly sweet, unlike the original healthy mix foundation (the one with brown cap) which smells fruity and fresh. It disappears after 5 minutes though i would prefer a fragrance free foundation because some people are sensitive to fragrance.

The glass container may be annoying for some but i like it. The pump is great and sanitary. Overall i only wish there is a wider shade range, in warm undertones and cool.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product in the lightest colour, because I have fair to medium skin.
After I put it on, it just seemed that I bought a shade or two too dark for my skin. I tried to use a bit less of the foundation. It looked pretty matching with my skin but it didn't look natural though. It looked like I had a thick layer of makeup on my face.
I just cannot see what's 'light' about this foundation.
But the most horrific thing is, is that this foundation ruined my skin. I have always used BB cream on my clear skin, but now I wanted to try foundation, hoping it would make my flawless skin look even better. This foundation made me break out and eversince I am still breaking out.
The bottle isn't practical too, it's hard to get all of the foundation out of it. But that's not a big deal for me because I haven't even finished the bottle after I started breaking out.
I wouldn't recommend it.

on 5/10/2014 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Foundations are like men, you go through life trying lots of normal ones that are OK until you find the one.... I've found the one! This foundation smells delicious, its very lightweight and has a medium coverage while still being very sheer. Its got the perfect yellow undertone that I need for my skin which is usually impossible to find. Im a sucker for a dewy luminous finish and this foundation does exactly that and I've had lots of compliments when wearing it. It stays on really well with the Rimmel primer use. I don't know if you're aware that Chanel own bourjois? The Happy light was said to be near enough a Chanel product in a different bottle by Wayne Goss. Happy times. Anyway I love this product and have just bought 2 back up bottles in my colour 53 incase it gets discontinued again!!!

on 1/31/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I thought to buy slightly cheaper foundation before I go crazy with my wedding makeup shopping. I normally like Bourjois foundations, but this one is a disappointment.

As always I bought the lightest shade and to my horror it turned so dark on my face that it looked like I bought £2 foundation on the market.

There are however few good points to this foundation:

1. Great application - used with Real Techniques brush
2. Blends in well
3. Stays on my skin for a very long time- it doesn't look cakey or creases, etc

Sheer coverage, no need to apply any moisturisers- it's feels lovely on my skins, but over a moisturiser it builds up over skin and leaves little lumps of the product- not nice.

I could put up with that, but the colours aren't good. I might leave it for my holiday though as I think it will work when my skin gets a bit of colour- in the office under artificial lights and smart shirt- a big NO NO!

on 1/29/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, my HG, so I thought I would give the Happy Light a go when I ran out. I ordered off ASOS and got it in shade 50 Porcelain (I'm a 52 Vanilla in the Healthy Mix) as I read these shades run dark. It's a perfect match, probably even more so then my HM as it's slightly less yellow toned. The consistency is a lot thinner than HM, very easy to blend out and although I have seen reviews stating it's less coverage, on me it was pretty much the same - a light/medium buildable coverage. It feels nice on my skin and not heavy, although I myself can't tell if it's any more luminous or light reflecting then any other foundation. I love Bourjois foundations because they look like a second skin and this was no different. A great foundation, I'm slightly more inclined to grab this nowadays!

Oh my goodness, I have finally found my holy grail foundation. I usually swear by Josie Maran's matchmaking liquid foundation due to argan oil and light application, but this baby is also terrific.
I just wish and hope Bourjois will come back to the states (!!!). I read so many reviews on this product and after hearing so many people loving this I went ahead and purchased it through ASOS. For a reference, I am about NC 20 without tanning and NC 25 in the Summer or after fake tan. The color "Porcelain" (#50) was a PERFECT match.
Now, of course the down side is that this foundation runs too dark and will only fit ladies with yellow/olive skin tones. I guess if you have a neutral undertone you may get away with Porcelain shade, but you'll just have to try it I guess. It does not appear orange on my face at all, but I can detect a "kissed by the sun" glow (if that makes sense).

Now to the good:
It is so so sooo nice on the skin. If Bourjois owns Chanel, I can see why their skin products are so similar (and what a price difference!). It is very light weight and light coverage. If you wear it over a primer, you'll be able to build the coverage to medium, but it may look a bit cakey. I ordered the Happy Light matte and luminous primers so I will have to update after trying all three products together, but currently I apply this foudantion over Tarte's BB cream primer and it helps the oil control.
I personally do NOT like meadium or heavy coverage foundations for daytime wear and am still yet to find my favorite BB or CC cream (I love the Dior one, but right now it's way too orange on me).
This foundation provides the perfect finish for my taste and glides on the face so effortlessly. It does not look matte or shiny, or even very dewy, I'd describe it more "satin" perhaps.
I have combo skin with an oily t-zone, so yes I have to take care of that issue. Luckily, I am currently using Paula's Choice products for combo skin and they balance it out. So, the foundation does not make me oily at all. However, I do set it with a powder and touch up with MAC's blotting powder on the T-zone during the day (only once).
And I usually don't stare at myself in the mirror for an extended periods of time during the day but with this foundation on I just can't help but notice how NICE my skin looks!
Absolutely gorgeous.