October 30, 2014 | 1648 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Happy Light (2013 formulation)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by CinderellasSecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product in the lightest colour, because I have fair to medium skin.
After I put it on, it just seemed that I bought a shade or two too dark for my skin. I tried to use a bit less of the foundation. It looked pretty matching with my skin but it didn't look natural though. It looked like I had a thick layer of makeup on my face.
I just cannot see what's 'light' about this foundation.
But the most horrific thing is, is that this foundation ruined my skin. I have always used BB cream on my clear skin, but now I wanted to try foundation, hoping it would make my flawless skin look even better. This foundation made me break out and eversince I am still breaking out.
The bottle isn't practical too, it's hard to get all of the foundation out of it. But that's not a big deal for me because I haven't even finished the bottle after I started breaking out.
I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaEQ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Foundations are like men, you go through life trying lots of normal ones that are OK until you find the one.... I've found the one! This foundation smells delicious, its very lightweight and has a medium coverage while still being very sheer. Its got the perfect yellow undertone that I need for my skin which is usually impossible to find. Im a sucker for a dewy luminous finish and this foundation does exactly that and I've had lots of compliments when wearing it. It stays on really well with the Rimmel primer use. I don't know if you're aware that Chanel own bourjois? The Happy light was said to be near enough a Chanel product in a different bottle by Wayne Goss. Happy times. Anyway I love this product and have just bought 2 back up bottles in my colour 53 incase it gets discontinued again!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Ivonne24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought to buy slightly cheaper foundation before I go crazy with my wedding makeup shopping. I normally like Bourjois foundations, but this one is a disappointment.

As always I bought the lightest shade and to my horror it turned so dark on my face that it looked like I bought £2 foundation on the market.

There are however few good points to this foundation:

1. Great application - used with Real Techniques brush
2. Blends in well
3. Stays on my skin for a very long time- it doesn't look cakey or creases, etc

Sheer coverage, no need to apply any moisturisers- it's feels lovely on my skins, but over a moisturiser it builds up over skin and leaves little lumps of the product- not nice.

I could put up with that, but the colours aren't good. I might leave it for my holiday though as I think it will work when my skin gets a bit of colour- in the office under artificial lights and smart shirt- a big NO NO!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, my HG, so I thought I would give the Happy Light a go when I ran out. I ordered off ASOS and got it in shade 50 Porcelain (I'm a 52 Vanilla in the Healthy Mix) as I read these shades run dark. It's a perfect match, probably even more so then my HM as it's slightly less yellow toned. The consistency is a lot thinner than HM, very easy to blend out and although I have seen reviews stating it's less coverage, on me it was pretty much the same - a light/medium buildable coverage. It feels nice on my skin and not heavy, although I myself can't tell if it's any more luminous or light reflecting then any other foundation. I love Bourjois foundations because they look like a second skin and this was no different. A great foundation, I'm slightly more inclined to grab this nowadays!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Oh my goodness, I have finally found my holy grail foundation. I usually swear by Josie Maran's matchmaking liquid foundation due to argan oil and light application, but this baby is also terrific.
I just wish and hope Bourjois will come back to the states (!!!). I read so many reviews on this product and after hearing so many people loving this I went ahead and purchased it through ASOS. For a reference, I am about NC 20 without tanning and NC 25 in the Summer or after fake tan. The color "Porcelain" (#50) was a PERFECT match.
Now, of course the down side is that this foundation runs too dark and will only fit ladies with yellow/olive skin tones. I guess if you have a neutral undertone you may get away with Porcelain shade, but you'll just have to try it I guess. It does not appear orange on my face at all, but I can detect a "kissed by the sun" glow (if that makes sense).

Now to the good:
It is so so sooo nice on the skin. If Bourjois owns Chanel, I can see why their skin products are so similar (and what a price difference!). It is very light weight and light coverage. If you wear it over a primer, you'll be able to build the coverage to medium, but it may look a bit cakey. I ordered the Happy Light matte and luminous primers so I will have to update after trying all three products together, but currently I apply this foudantion over Tarte's BB cream primer and it helps the oil control.
I personally do NOT like meadium or heavy coverage foundations for daytime wear and am still yet to find my favorite BB or CC cream (I love the Dior one, but right now it's way too orange on me).
This foundation provides the perfect finish for my taste and glides on the face so effortlessly. It does not look matte or shiny, or even very dewy, I'd describe it more "satin" perhaps.
I have combo skin with an oily t-zone, so yes I have to take care of that issue. Luckily, I am currently using Paula's Choice products for combo skin and they balance it out. So, the foundation does not make me oily at all. However, I do set it with a powder and touch up with MAC's blotting powder on the T-zone during the day (only once).
And I usually don't stare at myself in the mirror for an extended periods of time during the day but with this foundation on I just can't help but notice how NICE my skin looks!
Absolutely gorgeous.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Milisenta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

i used to own Bourjois 10 hrs sleep effect and was also pretty pleased with the healthy mix sample and , therefore, allowed myself an impulse buy although i usually am more careful with my money:)

pros- very easy to apply just like all bourjois foundations, absorbs quickly, very convenient packaging

cons (at least for me)- colors are too dark, i have light beige and it gives some sort of fake tan impression! perhaps it will be handy in the summer but for now it's waaaaay to dark. I wish bourjois somehow mentioned it on the bottle that healthy glow is actually a healthy BEACH glow:)

coverage is medium which could have been ok if it wasn't for redness on my cheeks which doesn't go together with the tan effect

it contains alcohol so feels a bit drying in the beginning

I WROTE ALL THAT WHEN I FIRST TRIED IT ON; COUPLE HOURS LATERS I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT

- the color somehow fuses with a skin a bit and albeit it DOES have a tendency to be a bit on the darker side, it doesn't give an overall fake tan impression
-it lasts a good several hours and almost doesn't give me the detestable shine in my T-zone
-no breakouts so far, easy to remove

perhaps, i can give it an extra half-star:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by XxmzVickyxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this with the happy light matte primer (I also reviewed this) and the foundation did not disappoint I have combination skin and found this to have a really nice dewy finish, with the primer it stays all day, the packaging is great and it smells brill too. I bought the shade 52 which really matches my skin. I only use 1 and a half pumps to cover my face and to date is my fave foundation :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ness36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

today i purchased the bourjis happy light foundation in #55 as its summer and i needed a foundation a little darker than usual.after painstakingly trying different shades the sales assistant and i agreed that the happy light suited my complexion better than the healthy mix serum i originally was going to buy.it blends very well and leaves a nice satin finish-its not cakey but i was expecting it to be a bit more dewy than it was.it does give my skin the "glow" that i was looking for-moreso outside in the sun without being glittery.it does have a fruity scent on application but (which isnt offensive imo) that doesnt last.i love the packaging a pump is always a plus!as for the price i thought was preety fair as i got it for $25 instead of $32 on sale.i have normal/combination skin so i found it has lasted well all day but im sure how it would hold up in hot weather or on oily skin.im still looking for my HG foundation and until i do i will be using this! it will be a good everyday light to moderate foundation - provided i dont breakout!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaloo

Quite happy with this foundation, usually use Estee Lauder Doublewear but find my face looks white in photo's. However with Happy Light my skin looks amazing in photo's. I've been using it with the Happy Light matte Primer, as I have oily skin in places, and it tends to be a bit patchy/flaky when buffed in with a brush. I'm guessing it's the primer so will try without the primer. I would say the colours are more for yellow toned skin. Would buy again but want to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation to compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Temperanza

I loooove love love this foundation. This is my first foundation from Bourjois and I'm already a fan. It leaves a dewy to sation finish, i guess it depends on your skin.
It makes me look glowing and healthy.
very easy to blend and light to medium coverage. No caking!
I really love this foundation because it looks so natural on me and makes my skin feel all soft (Which is probably because of all the silicones).