October 25, 2014 | 1766 users online

Treatments (Face) - Palmer's - Skin Therapy Oil - Face

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Top notch face oil. Ingredients are very impressive for such a reasonably priced item. Contains retinol, Vitamin C, cetesomate-E complex (whatever that is), and a barrage of quality oils prized for their skin rejuvenating and anti aging effects. Absorbs effortlessly into the skin, and such a tiny amount is needed. I received a sample of this and upon completing the package, bought the full sized item. This is destined to become a permanent beauty staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by mysteries1984

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this, it's my new HG oil. My skin has always been okay - not great, but no major breakouts or problems - until about 9 months ago when I had an issue with hormonal acne along my cheek/jaw which left me with a rather nasty case of Post Inflammatory Erythema (PIE). Over the course of months I've tried different OCM oils, BHAs, AHAs, serums, toners, you name it. Silicone sheets were next in line - I was going to treat it as PIH as I was running out of ideas, but then I popped this into my basket when ordering from iHerb. I live in Ireland however and try to buy only cruelty-free so product choices are somewhat limited.

Within a matter of 2-3 days of using this my skin feels and looks better. I don't know if it's the retinol (I would have guessed it's in a very small dose here, so small as to negate any real effects, but maybe it isn't), vitamin C (I've tried a few different C serums, no real results), argan oil or whatever - but it's working wonders. I still have a way to go but my skin is improving rapidly. My PM routine (I only use this oil at night), if relevant, is as follows:

- OCM with jojoba oil, or mineral oil
- After-cleanse with generic balm cleanser I have lying around or Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleansing Face & Body Bar
- Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion, wait 20-30 mins (alternate this nightly with Nip Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads)
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (mostly to dampen my skin and help spread the serum around)
- Silk Naturals Awesome Sauce Facial Serum
- Derma E Refining Vitamin A Wrinkle Creme
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (again, just for ease of application)
- Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil (3 drops)

My routine is in flux and will probably change but at the moment this is what I'm using. My skin type is combo with occasional bouts of dehydration, and incredibly insensitive. It's practically leather as I react to any ingredient so, so rarely.

Amber bottle and dropper combo is always a plus for me, and I keep it in a drawer out of direct light unless I'm using it. It's by no means a dry oil, so don't expect it to sink right in - I massage lightly and then leave it to do its thing. I'm not a fan of rose scents in general but this is quite light and inoffensive. I sleep, then wake up with radiant, glowing, plump skin.*

*Well, no. I am not a radiant woman. But it does make me feel nicer.

TL:DR, I love it. Give it a try. Go on. Do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is BOMB! I'm so glad I went ahead and ordered it when I was reupping on the Palmer's Daily Calming Moisturizer (my fave for every day). It is so light but leaves skin feeling smooth and refreshed. It has just enough retinol to keep my face looking young without irritation. I use it nightly after toner sometimes underneath Ambi's serum and my combination skin is quickly hydrating and my complexion is evening out. It smells nice but not too strong and it doesn't look or feel greasy. I tried the Palmer's serum and it didn't do anything for me, but this oil is fantastic. A few drops are all I need.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I have oily skin but loved how this feels on my skin and I LOVE the scent. Trouble is
I can rarely find it in my area. Due to my skin type I would only use this at night and not all the time. I like the way it feels on my skin and wish I could use it more often but in my case more moisture does NOT make my skin produce less oil.
I do like this a lot though.

UPDATE: I am able to find this in my walmart in the healthcare/pharmacy section where they have the cortisone and antibacterial creams etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always loved Palmers products and trusted them since they always seem to do good stuff for my skin. When I saw the face oil being a skin care junky I had to try this. First, it smells lovely the light rose hip fragrance is really pleasing to me. It's very light, the oil itself is very light not heavy at all. I too though find it works best on my skin when it's damp. It absorbs really well and leaves my skin super soft! I only use 4 drops. I had acne till my early 30's and I was finally like enough! So I'm careful with what I use. I was battling a hormonal chin breakout or wanna be breakout. With AHA's and this oil I was able to stop my chin from going mad. Since my skin has cleared from a lot of work I now just battle the monthly/hormonal spots and this does not make my skin worse. In fact the little bit of brown spots I had are gone.

The texture of my skin is smoother, and foundations go on so easy. I only use this at night because of the retinol. I like to use hyaluronic acid, Mandelic acid serum, then CeraVe PM. I alternate with this oil on my non acid nights. If my skin is dry I use this more and it hydrates very well. My skin looks very bright and even toned. I know this the oil has made my skin better that's for sure! For the price you get a very good product as well. I'm wondering how much retinol is in this? Otherwise I'm very happy the vitamin c brightens and my scars and brown spots are being kept away. It doesn't break me out and I find it absorbs best on moist skin. I'm oily now dry in the winter so this product is great year round. I love it! Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a big product junkie and I've tried so many serums/facial oils to try and fade post acne marks and discoloration. Clinique, Estée Lauder, Clarins, Origins, even La Mer! and nothing. Absolutely no results. 1 day when I was buying a new cleanser I saw this at target and decided to try it. OH MY GOD!!!!!! I've finally found something that's lighting and fading my pitting and discoloration and for around $10! Not 40, 53, 62, 78, 100+ only about 11.99? I would recommend this to anyone I personally just use a few drops alone or sometimes I'll mix the drops with my moisturizer. I only use this at night because of its retinol content. As fare as anti aging goes I feel this very important even for me! Yes I'm still very young but my skins already experienced too much damage so I take skin care seriously!!!! I'm sure this would work very well for dry and aging skins. It's been doing wonders for my oily combo damaged skin. Highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't quite know what to expect but I was pleaseantly (sp) surprised by how much I like this oil.I normally use argan oil, but had run out and thought eh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I use it at night after washing my face and leaving it damp. It honestly makes a big difference as to how this product works for me. When I used to apply it to my completely dry face it was just so-so and I wasn't sure if I would buy it again. Once I started using it on my damp face I could tell the difference. My skin felt much more hydrated after the oil was absorbed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lebaweeba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finished a 6 month course of Accutane (isotretinoin) in mid-April. My skin is fairly scarred from the extensive acne I had, but I haven't yet had any recurrence of blemishes. I've been using this face oil nightly for the past few weeks, and I really love it!

The packaging:

I think the packaging on this could use a little work. I do like the dropper and glass bottle, but the bottle tends to leak, either from the threads of the cap or from the rubber top to the dropper. When I purchased it, there was a small amount of oil on the bottle already, and I have lost a small amount of product when the packaging has been sealed but knocked over. I don't think this packaging would be very travel friendly.

Value:

I think this is a really great value, especially compared to some of the pricier facial oils on the market. I picked it up for around $12.99 at Walgreens. You don't need very much of the product to have plenty to apply to your face and neck, so I anticipate it lasting at least a few months.

Product:

One thing I really like about this product is the scent. It has a lovely "rosehip" scent, that smells very much like slightly sweet roses. I was previously using Neem oil on my face at night, but I eventually found the smell to be overpowering. The scent of this doesn't bother me at all, and I really enjoy it.

As I've been using the product for a few weeks, I haven't noticed any drastic improvement as of yet. It is definitely quite moisturizing. I apply it after cleansing and toning my skin before bed. My skin is fresh and hydrated in the morning when I wake up. One thing to note is that this product does contain some Retinol, so a SPF of at least 15 would be advisable while using it.

I haven't experienced any pimples or breakouts since using this product.

Overall:

I am really quite smitten! I hope they'll keep this product on the shelves for a long time. Hopefully it will become easier to find in Canada as well. Aside from a few small issues with packaging, I'm really pleased.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by tiparing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was scary because I'm very oily, but this is actually making my makeup stay fresh longer without blotting. Either it is going to make me break out in hell boils or they'll quit making it. But until then......it's brilliant on my super oily mega sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by aswasit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using this face oil for about two months now and I am loving it. I have very dry sensitive skin and I can't usually use this type of product but my skin is loving it. I thought for a minute that it was going to give me bumps around my eyes but I was just using too much of it, I scaled back the amount and haven't had a problem since. It just feels so good and makes my skin so smooth that I couldn't help packing it on!