April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Treatments - Palmers - Skin Therapy Oil - Face

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only give a try this oil as it was given to me from my BFF. Never used or even tried anything from this brand. I have quite dry skin especially in winter. And normally use Shiseido Advanced Super Revitalising Cream as a day moisturiser after trying tons of others from cheap like german Nivea to $$ like La Mer and nothing was helping but the Shiseido. When i run out and before buying new jar i decided to give this oil a try especially after reading the reviews.
First i must mention i use a-ret gel every other night few years now. Other nights i use PC 8% AHA. Day time i always wear Vit.C serum and high sunscreen as well. In summer i can only wear sunscreen and no moisturiser is needed but in winter is a MUST and still feel my skin dry.

So i decide to use / try this oil in place of my Shiseido moisturiser . To be honest i HATE oils on my face but this one sink very fast and make my skin really soft . I also find applying sunscreen & make up after that is no issue . My face is not greasy at all.
As i said i did notice my skin very soft when using this oil.
Now i did give 4 lippies instead of 5 as i do not find it as much moisturising as the Shiseido for MY skin. I could feel my skin needed more moisture with it. But as i said i have VERY dry skin in winter . I think this will be great for ANY skin types excluding VERY dry like mine.
But then i must mention i do like this oil a lot and will definitely keep using it now that is getting hotter. I will skip it in winter but use it all the other months. I love the feel of my soft skin. And as i mention is great under sunscreen and make up. Also never broke me out , clog me or any other reaction ( my skin is quite sensitive as well from the a-ret )
I will update if any change but i have been using this for 2 months and very happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, another excellent, affordable, effective facial oil find! I have been on the face oil bandwagon for a couple of years now and have been a Boots Botanics Organic face oil addict, as it had proved the most effective and the best $. I got a sample of this Palmer's oil in a box of their version of this for the body (which is excellent for rehabing winter ravaged skin, BTW) and gave it a try. So very happy that I did! This is just as nice as the Boots, maybe not quite as hydrating, with the added benefits of Vitamin C and Retinol. I normally can't use retinol on my face but I bravely gave it a go and find that in this oil, I can actually use it! My skin is combination and very sensitive. In the winter its been very dry for the past few years but I will breakout if anything is too pore-clogging. I have only been using this at night since I've been told that retinol breaks down in sunlight and using it can make your skin more sensitive to the sun (I am so pale and prone to burning I need NO help here! LOL). I apply it after cleansing and then toning with rosewater and it sinks in very quickly. It makes my skin feel so very soft and hydrated. I also think a couple of dark spots on my forehead are starting to fade too. No irritation and also no breakouts. It was also only about $9.99 at Walmart (which is around the same as the Boots price). The blending of oils are all ones known to be very beneficial to the skin too. To Note- the product comes in a dark glass bottle with a dropper. The dropper is great because you only need a few drops to cover your face and neck. The bottle is glass and dark to keep the essential oils from losing their effectiveness. I will continue to use this as my "night cream" and hope to see even more benefits!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In sum, this feels a lot like pure argan oil but with less greasiness and slightly less of a moisturizing effect. If pure argan oil is a 10 (for moisture), this mixture of oils is a 8.5. Non irritating to acne prone skin. Slightly rosy scent. Compared to similar oil mixes, this is tops for quality and for price. A definite repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by PilatesGal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample sachet of this product in a magazine and used it every night until it ran out (about 4 nights), at which point I ordered it online. I am a convert! I was not familiar either with this brand or the facial oil category. I was primarily interested in the Retinol for its anti-aging benefits. I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. I use a few drops at night in place of or under my L'Oreal Youth Code moisturizer. I am also starting to use it in the morning under my moisturizer with sunscreen because it feels so lovely! I have some melasma on my forehead and I hope that the Vitamin C and Retinol will help with that. I have normal to dry skin, and it doesn't feel too greasy at all. The scent is light and the packaging is no-frills (a dark bottle and a dropper).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Hum... I have only used it for 2 days! I have combo skin and love to try new products. Love how it sinks in after a few minutes. Not sure of any other results. Will do another review after I can really tell! So far not bad and not irritating my sensitive light skin. We shall see. Not sure how it will hold up it the humid months in San Diego.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I knew it probably wouldn't work for me, but tried it anyway after hearing such positive things about it. I thought it would be the perfect night time moisturizer, it is a blend of natural oils, anti-agers, and a few other ingredients thrown in the mix. Has a beautiful light rose scent which I loved, so much better than Palmer's traditional icky cocoa butter smell.

I only needed a few drops to cover my entire face with a very light film. It absorbed nicely, didn't feel heavy. Unfortunately I have not been able to use it long enough to notice any benefits if any were to be had because my skin simply does not like this product.

I've worked really hard the past month or so to get my skin to a good place, and using this undid some of that work. It has definitely caused some clogged pores and small breakouts, even some pimples in places I don't usually get them. My skin texture has even gotten a little rough looking again using this, as well as a little flakey. It doesn't feel as soft as it did which seems odd but being that I have changed nothing else in my routine, this product is the only thing that seems to be possibly causing it.

Ended up being a waste of $9. I'm going to repurpose it for some other body part I suppose, no reason for it to be an entire waste. Also I was not a big fan of the packaging. I appreciated the sturdiness of the thick glass bottle but wasn't so much a fan of the dropper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by JoyaJay

My skin: Combination with dry spots (especially in winter) and oily T-zone.

How I use this: After cleansing my skin at night. Then let it sink in for ~2 min. After that I apply my Palmer's Night Renewal Cream. Voilą, done.

Results: I found that my pores got less visible, and my skin is as smooth as a baby-butt, no exaggerations. Eventhough my skin isn't overly dry, this face oil worked wonders. It didn't make me oilier or leave a nasty film on my face. I haven't used this long enough to make any comments about treating fine lines and dark spots. But it hydrates my skin and makes it so so soft. Also, it has no real smell to it, which is appreciate in skin care. No break outs either. What a gem!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this a week ago at Walmart. I think I paid $8 after a $2 coupon attached to the box was applied. Great price right! Well on to the review......I have used several organic oils recently, amongst them are avocado, almond, extra virgin olive, coconut, rose hip seed, and vitamin e. All of these oils have worked REALLY well on my dry and thirsty skin. The only oil my skin dislikes is Argan, and even though this product contains some Argan oil, it doesn't have enough of it to upset my skin. With regards to how this oil feels, it is very light, thin in consistency, almost scent free and sinks into the skin quickly. I like to use this right before my moisturizer. I have noticed that when I use this oil, my skin does not look shiny around the T-Zone by the end of my workday. It allows foundations like EL Double Wear to look luminous while dry to the touch which is why I love it. I feel this is the kind of oil that my skin will appreciate in the summer months as well because it is so thin and light. As far as evening out my skin tone and all the other skin repairing claims, it is too soon to tell, but I must admit that my bare skin looks a bit more radiant after just one week of use. . So far so good, I will be buying a bottle for my sisters because I think they too will do really well with this.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Really nice light but super hydrating oil for the face. This is sweet almond oil and grapeseed oil based which I've used before, just plain, on my skin. I decided to try this about 6 weeks ago because of the increasingly cold weather and my skin had become parched, red (irritation from a moisturiser) and greasy. This left my skin super soft and I use it under make-up too and even mix a few drops in with my foundation or BB cream for a more "glow-y" look. It's not greasy as long as you follow directions and just use a few drops or less. At night I tend to be more heavy-handed with it because of the dry patches. I love that it has no overpowering scent as my skin reacts like crazy to essential oils and heavily fragranced skincare.

I would recommend this to anyone who's skin gets on well with almond/grapeseed or other oils. I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin and this hasn't caused breakouts. In fact, I know oils have helped my acne-prone/beat-up skin by repairing the barrier so the skin can function normally and look better.

Lastly - it's not pricey, about $12-13 for a 30 mL vial, which is a nice dark vial that keeps the oil from going rancid and being exposed to light and air.

UPDATE - Still using this, however for winter anyone with combo leaning dry or dry skin will probably need cream on top, while in warmer weather I can get away with using this alone. My skin has gotten slightly drier on the cheeks and I put a bit of Vaseline or a heavier cream like CeraVe (in the tub) on top and it works great, no breakouts, no flakies, just nice soft skin!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by emigyaru

I first received a sample of this product in a Cosmo magazine a month back and was immediately impressed. It came at such a great time too! I was suffering from the worse hormonal breakout in my LIFE (I just recovered from GERD, so my messed up internals might've had something to do with it). My entire jawline and cheeks had large painful cystic acne and I was even too afraid to leave my room without my family judging me :/

I have read all the rave about using oils for your face, but the idea of putting any extra oil to my already oily face was scary! However, I sucked up and just thought, "It couldn't get worse than this!" So I used it religiously morning (before sunscreen and foundation) and at night after I wash my face. And today, almost 3 weeks after purchasing the full size bottle on their website - my face is clear of ACTIVE cystic acne/breakouts. And I no longer have to use blotting paper! Which is a blessing, because I used to have to blot every few hours because my oil was so out of control.

However, I am suffering from the aftermath of my battle with the cystic acne with the acne scars ;___; But I hope with a couple of months of continuous use (in conjunction with my Hada Labo Shirojyun Lotion), my face will be more even toned and clearer! *crosses finger*

I would definitely recommend this to my friends, but I would really rather keep it my own little secret. lol! The price is about $12.99 before taxes, which is not bad at all considering that it comes in a nice brown glass bottle with a dropper, and you only really need 3-5 drops at most for the entire face. (More at night, less in the morning.)