September 17, 2014 | 1252 users online

Treatments (Face) - Palmer's - Skin Therapy Oil - Face

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I have oily skin but loved how this feels on my skin and I LOVE the scent. Trouble is
I can rarely find it in my area. Due to my skin type I would only use this at night and not all the time. I like the way it feels on my skin and wish I could use it more often but in my case more moisture does NOT make my skin produce less oil.
I do like this a lot though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always loved Palmers products and trusted them since they always seem to do good stuff for my skin. When I saw the face oil being a skin care junky I had to try this. First, it smells lovely the light rose hip fragrance is really pleasing to me. It's very light, the oil itself is very light not heavy at all. I too though find it works best on my skin when it's damp. It absorbs really well and leaves my skin super soft! I only use 4 drops. I had acne till my early 30's and I was finally like enough! So I'm careful with what I use. I was battling a hormonal chin breakout or wanna be breakout. With AHA's and this oil I was able to stop my chin from going mad. Since my skin has cleared from a lot of work I now just battle the monthly/hormonal spots and this does not make my skin worse. In fact the little bit of brown spots I had are gone.

The texture of my skin is smoother, and foundations go on so easy. I only use this at night because of the retinol. I like to use hyaluronic acid, Mandelic acid serum, then CeraVe PM. I alternate with this oil on my non acid nights. If my skin is dry I use this more and it hydrates very well. My skin looks very bright and even toned. I know this the oil has made my skin better that's for sure! For the price you get a very good product as well. I'm wondering how much retinol is in this? Otherwise I'm very happy the vitamin c brightens and my scars and brown spots are being kept away. It doesn't break me out and I find it absorbs best on moist skin. I'm oily now dry in the winter so this product is great year round. I love it! Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a big product junkie and I've tried so many serums/facial oils to try and fade post acne marks and discoloration. Clinique, Estée Lauder, Clarins, Origins, even La Mer! and nothing. Absolutely no results. 1 day when I was buying a new cleanser I saw this at target and decided to try it. OH MY GOD!!!!!! I've finally found something that's lighting and fading my pitting and discoloration and for around $10! Not 40, 53, 62, 78, 100+ only about 11.99? I would recommend this to anyone I personally just use a few drops alone or sometimes I'll mix the drops with my moisturizer. I only use this at night because of its retinol content. As fare as anti aging goes I feel this very important even for me! Yes I'm still very young but my skins already experienced too much damage so I take skin care seriously!!!! I'm sure this would work very well for dry and aging skins. It's been doing wonders for my oily combo damaged skin. Highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't quite know what to expect but I was pleaseantly (sp) surprised by how much I like this oil.I normally use argan oil, but had run out and thought eh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I use it at night after washing my face and leaving it damp. It honestly makes a big difference as to how this product works for me. When I used to apply it to my completely dry face it was just so-so and I wasn't sure if I would buy it again. Once I started using it on my damp face I could tell the difference. My skin felt much more hydrated after the oil was absorbed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lebaweeba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finished a 6 month course of Accutane (isotretinoin) in mid-April. My skin is fairly scarred from the extensive acne I had, but I haven't yet had any recurrence of blemishes. I've been using this face oil nightly for the past few weeks, and I really love it!

The packaging:

I think the packaging on this could use a little work. I do like the dropper and glass bottle, but the bottle tends to leak, either from the threads of the cap or from the rubber top to the dropper. When I purchased it, there was a small amount of oil on the bottle already, and I have lost a small amount of product when the packaging has been sealed but knocked over. I don't think this packaging would be very travel friendly.

Value:

I think this is a really great value, especially compared to some of the pricier facial oils on the market. I picked it up for around $12.99 at Walgreens. You don't need very much of the product to have plenty to apply to your face and neck, so I anticipate it lasting at least a few months.

Product:

One thing I really like about this product is the scent. It has a lovely "rosehip" scent, that smells very much like slightly sweet roses. I was previously using Neem oil on my face at night, but I eventually found the smell to be overpowering. The scent of this doesn't bother me at all, and I really enjoy it.

As I've been using the product for a few weeks, I haven't noticed any drastic improvement as of yet. It is definitely quite moisturizing. I apply it after cleansing and toning my skin before bed. My skin is fresh and hydrated in the morning when I wake up. One thing to note is that this product does contain some Retinol, so a SPF of at least 15 would be advisable while using it.

I haven't experienced any pimples or breakouts since using this product.

Overall:

I am really quite smitten! I hope they'll keep this product on the shelves for a long time. Hopefully it will become easier to find in Canada as well. Aside from a few small issues with packaging, I'm really pleased.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by tiparing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was scary because I'm very oily, but this is actually making my makeup stay fresh longer without blotting. Either it is going to make me break out in hell boils or they'll quit making it. But until then......it's brilliant on my super oily mega sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by aswasit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using this face oil for about two months now and I am loving it. I have very dry sensitive skin and I can't usually use this type of product but my skin is loving it. I thought for a minute that it was going to give me bumps around my eyes but I was just using too much of it, I scaled back the amount and haven't had a problem since. It just feels so good and makes my skin so smooth that I couldn't help packing it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by klemon822

I have been using this product for a few years and I really love it. I suffer from pretty bad hyperpigmentation and acne, and this oil has made all the difference in getting rid of and fading bad acne scars.

My biggest tip is to PAT this on the skin, DO NOT rub. At night, after cleansing and toning, I moisturize with Palmer's Cocoa Butter, and then add a layer of this oil on top. I rub in the cocoa butter lotion, pat it around so it can sink in a bit. Then I put one pump of the skin therapy oil in my hand, rub it between my hands, then pat it firmly and slowly all over my face.

I used to rub the oil in, but that just made my face red and irritated, and neither product penetrated the skin as well. This article set me straight http://thebeautydepartment.com/2013/11/how-to-use-facial-oil/

I definitely recommend this product for anyone with dry skin or hyperpigmentation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Joshuacardona

love love love this oil. I have combo skin & this oil have helped me with my dry patches. Got some peeling around the nose maybe because of the retinol but nothing major. my skin is so clear since using this oil with one pump of Aveeno Clear Complexion blended together as my night cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only give a try this oil as it was given to me from my BFF. Never used or even tried anything from this brand. I have quite dry skin especially in winter. And normally use Shiseido Advanced Super Revitalising Cream as a day moisturiser after trying tons of others from cheap like german Nivea to $$ like La Mer and nothing was helping but the Shiseido. When i run out and before buying new jar i decided to give this oil a try especially after reading the reviews.
First i must mention i use a-ret gel every other night few years now. Other nights i use PC 8% AHA. Day time i always wear Vit.C serum and high sunscreen as well. In summer i can only wear sunscreen and no moisturiser is needed but in winter is a MUST and still feel my skin dry.

So i decide to use / try this oil in place of my Shiseido moisturiser . To be honest i HATE oils on my face but this one sink very fast and make my skin really soft . I also find applying sunscreen & make up after that is no issue . My face is not greasy at all.
As i said i did notice my skin very soft when using this oil.
Now i did give 4 lippies instead of 5 as i do not find it as much moisturising as the Shiseido for MY skin. I could feel my skin needed more moisture with it. But as i said i have VERY dry skin in winter . I think this will be great for ANY skin types excluding VERY dry like mine.
But then i must mention i do like this oil a lot and will definitely keep using it now that is getting hotter. I will skip it in winter but use it all the other months. I love the feel of my soft skin. And as i mention is great under sunscreen and make up. Also never broke me out , clog me or any other reaction ( my skin is quite sensitive as well from the a-ret )
I will update if any change but i have been using this for 2 months and very happy.