December 20, 2014 | 1555 users online

Treatments (Face) - Palmer's - Skin Therapy Oil - Face

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by MH1225

I have been using this face oil for a little over 2 years every night before bed and I LOVE it! I was very hesistant to put oil on my combination skin but I'm glad I decided to try it out. It does not make my skin oilier (of course if you apply a lot it will look oily) or cause breakouts, hallelujah! :-) I generally only use this at night and I apply 5-7 drops, I like a good coating, lol. It has helped soften fine lines and my skin in general. I also have a more even tone.

If I do decide to wear this during the day I only use about 2 drops and always apply sunscreen on top. There is retinol in this product so sunscreen is a must because retinol will not stay stable in sunlight, it just breaks down, hence the dark brown color of the container.

I think it's priced well for the amount of time the product lasts. Mine usually last 2 to 3 months.

I love the dropper because that cuts down on bacteria transfer from hand to bottle.

Overall, outstanding product and will continue to purchase! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As-per-usual, I like to start with a story: Switching up and tailoring your skincare routine to the changing seasons is no marketing sham - your skin has different needs as what the season calls for.
In the summer I like to use gel-based moisturizers but that doesn't work when winter comes because my skin dries out, my hair dries out, the air dries out... and then there's all this static that comes from alla that mess. I BATHE in hair conditioner, body oil, and body lotion /post-shower/. Crazy. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. You'd think a heavy-duty cream would do the trick, right?

Well, I have dry, sensitive skin. My pores are getting pretty crater-y, too. :c
A quick search on Google (something along the lines of "best moisturizers for winter", you're bound to find a list of products) got me comparing a good pick of the litter for under $30 (from Harper's Bazaar)-- I don't really ho myself out for high-end. After all that research I ended up picking up this at a local Target - the last one on the shelf, on a whim, just because I laid eyes on it. It was only $10 for 1 oz. so I'm not understanding this triple $$$ pricetag MUA gave it, when Caudalie or whatever has it for $40 for the same amount, lolwut.

Pros: The price is right. You don't need a lot -- at least for my face, 4 drops (dime-size) is enough to lightly and evenly cover my face and half my neck. The rosehip smell they mention is undetectable...to me, at least, it just smells like a lightly scented Palmer's product. I like to massage my face a few minutes after applying because the slip the oil gives me - benefits: increased blood circulation and a brighter complexion. The oil definitely banishes my flaking skin (usually my nostrils, forehead, and cheeks) and I daresay, heals my skin?! I only apply this at nighttime because I feel the sun will "fry" my skin with the oil on and sleeping with it really plumps my skin up in the morning.

Cons: What is 4 drops??? More like 4 plops. The tinted glass bottle is fine because oils can spoil in light--everything is wrong with the dropper. The dispenser is made of glass and has no suction so it'll drip whether you squeeze the top or not. No biggie though, I've mastered how much I need per application to get some really nice results out of the product.

TLDR: The oil is awesome for my super-parched, bone-dry winter skin. I like to use it at night before sleeping. The dropper kinda sucks, though. It'll only set you back $10. Experiment with it. It's also paraben and phthalate-free, isn't that cool?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sofijams

I am in love with this oil. It works perfectly for my face.
At first i was sceptical about using oil on my face and i thought i would break out. But if anything, my skin has improved. I always apply it on before I go to bed (after cleansing) and in the morning my skin is always glowing. I wouldn't use it during the day unless I'm spending the day at home. I love that it has Coconut Oil, Sesame Oil, Apricot Oil etc in one product. And the smell is amazing too. It almost feels like dry oil once i put it on because it absorbs pretty quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by aussiesummernight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ladies with sensitive skin should be aware with this product, make sure your skin clean and no sign of even slight pimples or zits or you will end up with even more rash and irritations. But apart from that i can tell it's work. My skin having a lot of brown spot and uneven texture for years, not to mention super oily plus large pores around my nose and cheeks and i have been trying many different kind of product and it only help my skin with hydration nothing else. When i come across this product base on reviews i decided to give it a try, after one month i noticed my complexion changed, i use it twice a day, in the morning and before bed, i rub bakingsoda with nivea cleasing mousse to exfoliating and dehydrate my skin then apply this oil. It's not a miracle but it works slowly day by day, my brown spots still there but my face skin much lighter and T-zone produce less oil. i will keep using this product but i only could give 4 stars for this product because of the sensitive ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by snorflaak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sensitive ladies beware! I'm not hugely sensitive to most things but my skin does get just slightly irritated quite easily. THIS little beauty though gave a rash like it was the last rash my skin could throw at me. it took days to go away, and was incredibly uncomfortable and insanely unattractive- for the superficial soul I am, that's what really got me. I would definitely remember to do a patch test because the oil IS beautiful- smells nice, super lightweight and nourishing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Ditty109

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate this product! A rubbish dupe for Bio oil. Too thin, left my face dry, cracked and it didn't do anything for me! The only pro is the smell. Very dissapointed...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have pretty tough skin, but obviously not tough enough. This is one of the few products that I have developed sensitivity to. The other is

I got a horrible rash around my lips while I used this - I couldn't use lipstick and most lip balms. Now that I have stopped using this, my rash has disappeared and I can use lipsticks! Very important for my highly pigmented lips...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Top notch face oil. Ingredients are very impressive for such a reasonably priced item. Contains retinol, Vitamin C, cetesomate-E complex (whatever that is), and a barrage of quality oils prized for their skin rejuvenating and anti aging effects. Absorbs effortlessly into the skin, and such a tiny amount is needed. I received a sample of this and upon completing the package, bought the full sized item. This is destined to become a permanent beauty staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by mysteries1984

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this, it's my new HG oil. My skin has always been okay - not great, but no major breakouts or problems - until about 9 months ago when I had an issue with hormonal acne along my cheek/jaw which left me with a rather nasty case of Post Inflammatory Erythema (PIE). Over the course of months I've tried different OCM oils, BHAs, AHAs, serums, toners, you name it. Silicone sheets were next in line - I was going to treat it as PIH as I was running out of ideas, but then I popped this into my basket when ordering from iHerb. I live in Ireland however and try to buy only cruelty-free so product choices are somewhat limited.

Within a matter of 2-3 days of using this my skin feels and looks better. I don't know if it's the retinol (I would have guessed it's in a very small dose here, so small as to negate any real effects, but maybe it isn't), vitamin C (I've tried a few different C serums, no real results), argan oil or whatever - but it's working wonders. I still have a way to go but my skin is improving rapidly. My PM routine (I only use this oil at night), if relevant, is as follows:

- OCM with jojoba oil, or mineral oil
- After-cleanse with generic balm cleanser I have lying around or Sibu Sea Buckthorn Cleansing Face & Body Bar
- Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion, wait 20-30 mins (alternate this nightly with Nip Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads)
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (mostly to dampen my skin and help spread the serum around)
- Silk Naturals Awesome Sauce Facial Serum
- Derma E Refining Vitamin A Wrinkle Creme
- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (again, just for ease of application)
- Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil (3 drops)

My routine is in flux and will probably change but at the moment this is what I'm using. My skin type is combo with occasional bouts of dehydration, and incredibly insensitive. It's practically leather as I react to any ingredient so, so rarely.

Amber bottle and dropper combo is always a plus for me, and I keep it in a drawer out of direct light unless I'm using it. It's by no means a dry oil, so don't expect it to sink right in - I massage lightly and then leave it to do its thing. I'm not a fan of rose scents in general but this is quite light and inoffensive. I sleep, then wake up with radiant, glowing, plump skin.*

*Well, no. I am not a radiant woman. But it does make me feel nicer.

TL:DR, I love it. Give it a try. Go on. Do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is BOMB! I'm so glad I went ahead and ordered it when I was reupping on the Palmer's Daily Calming Moisturizer (my fave for every day). It is so light but leaves skin feeling smooth and refreshed. It has just enough retinol to keep my face looking young without irritation. I use it nightly after toner sometimes underneath Ambi's serum and my combination skin is quickly hydrating and my complexion is evening out. It smells nice but not too strong and it doesn't look or feel greasy. I tried the Palmer's serum and it didn't do anything for me, but this oil is fantastic. A few drops are all I need.