CK One Skin Illuminator 100 Cool

on 3/21/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I must echo everything written by Halloqueen. What an amazing, under-the-radar product that is both well-priced and high quality.
What I loved most: there are three color options, warm, cool and Hot. Hot is a bit bright to me, somewhat like a melon-orangey undertone. It can probably lean red, which is usually what I prefer to avoid.

Warm: a very soft and somewhat typical gold shimmer, but still a great quality product. It reminds me a lot of BeneFit High Beam, or any other golden warm highlighter.

The one I purchased is Cool: this is beautiful! It's like a rosy gold color, but still not leaning too red or too bronze. It's perfect to me for all skin tones, but I can see why it does well on cooler tones. I have been called "warm" for many years, but I know that my color palette colors are classified as cool/winter. I have dark hair and hispanic/tan skin that can look exceptionally good in jewel tones (which I don't love, but oh well!).

When i put this on, it's just perfect - it's exactly everything that you'd like in a liquid shimmer highlighter:
1. non sparkly, just fine satin shimmer
2. not oily and no weird residue; for me, I had no reactions at all. (YMMV as always)
3. the price at $20 is unbeatable compared to other similar lines. The only exception to this price might be the Revlon Skinlights but I'm not quite sure those would match the pigment or other aspects of this product.
4. The color is unique and special, not like most other highlighters that end up being a sheer bit of shimmer at best.
5. The packaging IS tricky as Halloqueen stated; it can shoot out if you aren't sure what to do with the tube.

a. you remove the lid by pulling up - it doesn't screw on/off. Pull the white cap up and off gently, like removing the cap on a bottle of shaving gel or hair mousse.
b. just gently tilt the tube with the opening hole pointed directly onto your finger and gently squeeze. A little should come out and it will be fast and likely surprising.

I love the packaging look; a streamlined tube that isn't too wide; i like the white cap and the fact that you can see through to the color of the product.

There was no oily weird stuff either when i first took some out (I see that for MAC paints and other tube products, Stila cheek gels, etc).

Enjoy this and use it everywhere you want a healthy glow. I used it straight on my skin, but the idea of a sponge is nice (product gets a little wasted though). Also could use a fluffy brush to evenly disburse it.

This is able to be purchased now at Ulta. Also, the tubes seemed like they'd been on the shelf for a while, but what else is new? at Ulta this is typical - but the product was fresh and smelled fine, etc.

on 11/5/2013 8:19:00 PM

I purchased this with the CK One 3 in 1 foundation, when the SA applied both on me. This can either be mixed with foundation before application, or applied after the foundation. I decided to add it after, as I didn't want my whole face to "glitter". In this case, I didn't have to worry. This is one of the nicest highlighters I've used. I don't care for powder highlighters as they tend to be messy and over the top. Applied with a damp sponge, either to areas like bridge of the nose and cheekbones, or lighly applied over the entire face, it's great, and almost impossible to overdo. It gives a very healthy glow, without being glittery, shimmery, or in your face. It's almost like satin or silk. Along with the CK One foundation, my skin looked better, more even and rested, then it has in along time. It didn't settle into fine lines, and it stayed put. The only complaint I have is the packaging. The first time I removed the lid, product shot out of the container and I ended up with a glob on my finger. Now that I know how the lid works, I can probably avoid accidents in the future, but it's worth noting. The container won't stop me from repurchasing, because it's a great highlighter/illuminator. It also didn't budge even after I got a little sweaty from running through the store in a winter coat. Can't ask more than that.