Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel (All)

3.3

on 8/22/2015 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I saw these polishes at my local Big Lots, and thought scented nail polish would be something cool to try out. I was pretty skeptical when I first purchased them, but was very pleasantly surprised when I actually started wearing them. I picked up six shades in the line:

-Italian Leather: medium-toned hunter green with subtle gold shimmer that'$ apparent in sunlight. Smells like leather doused with baby powder and is slightly masculine. Not my favorite scent, but isn't unbearable and may be likeable for those into scents. Excellent formula that if you're good enough with painting nails, you could get away with one coat. Two coats is definitely enough. One of my Autumn go-to's.
-Sunlight Grass: Creme finish yellow polish. Smells somewhat of freshly cut grass with lots of floral and slight citrus notes. Very pleasant smell, but can be tiresome after a while. Formula is streaky and thin, nail polish pros may be able to slip by with just two coats, but three definitely seems to be best. Mainly used for Spring/Summer nail art rather than just a plain wash of color due to vibrancy and formula.
-Wild Violets: Deep purple with subtle red shimmer that is more visible in sunlight. Almost looks black indoors. Smells incredibly floral-y, almost like a cheap public restroom air freshener. Not awful, some may like the smell. Excellent formula just like "Italian Leather". Excellent year round.
-Spun Sugar: Metallic/shimmery pewter color. Its scent of sugar and cotton candy is noticeable, but not as strong as some of the others. I enjoy the scent a lot. Formula is great, very opaque and self-leveling, and goes on wonderfully in two coats. Love wearing it year round, but mainly in the Summer to Autumn transition.
-Moonlit Woods: Shimmery/metallic lavender purple. Amazing scent that is floral with slight hints of musk. Very reminiscent of a combo of Twilight Woods and Moonlight Path from Bath and Body Works (coincidence? I think not). Good to go with just two coats. A very nice choice for the spring.
-Pink Pineapple: Very pale baby pink shade with a creme finish. My favorite scent so far has an incredibly sweet fragrance of cotton candy and pineapple with vanilla hints. Very similar to Essie's "Ballet Slipper" in color and formula as it is very sheer, thin, and streaky. I always use AT LEAST three coats, some days four. I love to wear it year round.

One thing I've noticed is that shades with similar finishes have similar formulation. Spun Sugar and Moonlit Woods are very similar and they are mid-colored metallics. Italian Leather and Wild Violets, both darker shades with slight shimmer, are very similar. Pink Pineapple and Sunlight Grass are both light-colored creme finishes and go on streaky and thin. Maybe it's just the colors I have happen to correlate this way.

Even with the streakier colors in the line, I'm really enjoying this line. I just wish the brush handle was more comfortable, as it's just a small ball to hold. I also wish the brush was wider and that the bristle weren't in a circle (similar to the bristle placement of a blending brush), but wider and flatter (like a shader or concealer brush). I know they retail for $3-6 at drugstores, supermarkets, Walmart, Target, ans Ulta, though I got mine for $1.50 a bottle at Big Lots, a total steal. So people should definitely check there if they are hoping to try them. I definitely recommend these polishes, there may be a little something for everyone.

on 8/18/2015 12:34:00 PM

I picked up Ginger Melon and Autumn Spice more than several months ago on clearance for cheap at a local grocery store. This morning, I decided to finally give Ginger Melon a try. Although the color is beautiful, I don't care for the formula. I applied three coats and it still looks streaky with bald spots. Although the scent is okay at first, after awhile it becomes really annoying so the fact that these polishes are scented is a negative in my book. I used Poshe topcoat, and you can still smell the Revlon polish. I will give Autumn Spice a try this fall and hope I will have better luck with that one. I've been thinking about getting English Leather because of the color, but I will have to research more before I make a decision...

on 7/14/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So so pleased with these, I'd be terribly upset if it turns out they have been discontinued. I bought for half off African tea Rose -a hot pink color - Wild violet - a Rich dark purple with subtle shimmer, and Lime Basil, a mint green. The violet is my favourite. It has a realistic plush sugared violet scent. I like the lime basil too. It's fresh and summery. the scent on the rose polish is not as strong and is a bit "soapy"application was a little streaky and bubbly, but better than a cheap polish and with a baseboard, lasted nearly a week without chipping. I really hope they are cashing from shelves because Revlon is tweaking the formulas. I'm not a nail polish person normally, but the Revlon polishes I've tried lately have been so impressive, I'm quickly becoming one. Keep it up!

on 4/13/2015 2:22:00 PM

Got this in a yellow shade. The only real pro is the scent stays long after drying... The formula is streaky and it actually dried with little air bubbles that are little black dots! Yuck. Maybe I got an off shade but I was not impressed. At least it was only 1.50 at Big Lots.

on 2/25/2015 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in the light pink color and it's scented like pineapple. It smells good, but the second coat was totally streaky and chipped immediately. After I removed it, it had yellowed my nails after one week. Never had that happen with a light polish before, so I will not recommend nor will I repurchase.

on 12/11/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this nail polish more for the color (I got Balsam Fur, a deep forest green, perfect for winter). The scent was an added bonus! This particular color went on very smoothly and only needed two coats. I don't know if other colors are streaky and this one isn't, but I didn't experience any streaking like other reviewers said. I will say it was a little more difficult holding that small cap while painting. Dry time was quick. Very shiny without a topcoat, although I did add one. The scent was amazing! It lasted strongly about 24 hours, and then very subtly about 24 more hours. I can understand where if the scent didn't smell good, it would be horrendous to have on your nails. But balsam fur smelled just like Christmas trees so it was perfect! Unfortunately, the life of this polish is not as long as others. I noticed small chips by the next day, whereas other brands of polish I don't notice chips for 5-7 days (using the same topcoat, so I know that has nothing to do with it). I would purchase this brand again, if the color/scent was something very intriguing. Besides that, you can probably find a lot of the basic colors in a better brand like OPI, China Glaze, or Essie.

on 12/2/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a bottle in the shade 'Italian Leather' which is a dark olive green creme base with fine gold shimmer. It has a thin formula but applies easily without streaks, needing two coats for full opacity. Quick drying time and has a shiny finish (without top coat). The shimmer isn't that visible unless you're looking at it under direct sunlight or at the right angle. Not a fan of the scent, but it doesn't last so it's no big deal.

on 11/3/2014 11:38:00 PM

I picked up one of these babies in Balsam Fur, a dark fur-tree green, at Walmart on clearance. I love it! It went on smooth, dried in a decent amount of time (half an hour), and only took two coats to cover. I've already gotten loads of compliments on the color and the smell adds a little something fun to it. Will definitely pick up more!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually like these. I have surf spray its a aqua blue color and it smells like the beach, which I like. It takes about 2-3 coats and it takes a while to dry. The round handle makes it a little hard to hold and it goes on smoothly. all in all it's a thumbs up.

on 8/20/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a light pink colour and a redish colour(saving it for fall) at the Canadian National Exhibiton. They sold a variety of Revlon, Sinful colours, and some other brands of nail polishes all 5 for $10. $2 nailpolishes that normally retails for $7-8? I have to give it a try. I used tHe light pink colour on my mom's toes and it took 3-4 coats for a solid even colour, by then it looked slighty messy. However I must admit, I'm a pretty bad nail painter. :P

Popular Polishes