April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel (All)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by alina83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had to turn on my laptop and come here to review this because I was so disappointed. I bought this in Pink Grapefruit. The bottle is lovely and the price was really good but the lippies end there. This is so streaky I could have mixed baby pink chalk and water and painted it on my nails and it would have looked the same; unless streaky is the desired look?

I didn't do anything different with my application; let each coat dry properly, used a base etc. I had to use three coats, and it was STILL streaky. Very disappointing Revlon! I'll stick to my China Glaze and Essie from now on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Aeternitas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing the color/scent Italian Leather.

I'll try to keep it brief. I absolutely love this color. It's an unusual gray-tinged olive drab green with golden shimmer that is opaque in two coats and keeps its shine once it dries.

Unfortunately the formula is thin and runny. I prefer my polishes thick and creamy because I'm not exactly a pro at applying my polish, so this formula was not easy especially when paired with such a small brush.

The scent is wonderful, just like Bottega Venetta EDP!

Although the formula isn't great, I think I got my money's worth with the fantastic color, shine, and scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Recently heard about these and wanted to try them, as the Revlon scented polishes in the past have failed to inspire (I'm talking to you Coconut Crush and Cotton Candy). I haven't had any trouble with them taking forever to dry: They're dry with two coats within thirty minutes. One coat is dry in ten. Some of the forumlas are thinner than others (Italian Leather, Fresh Linene) but all go on smoothly. Scents vary in wow factor:

Italian Leather - strange grayish green, but fun color. Scent is a rather delicious leather chyrpe, almost masculine, but suede-y enough to work unisex easily.

Sunlit Grass-Thick opaque yellow with two coats. Scent is slightly oily, sharp herbal, not really grass, but definitely plant life. This color will be the hardest to wear because of the undeniable lemon creme shade.

Autumn Spice - Gorgeous glittery brown with orange notes. Smells like chocolate and pumpkin pie spices. Love this one.

Fresh Linen - Pale off white pearl that takes several coats to cover. Scent is a sort of soapy detergent scent, not bad but a little too much like Ivory soap for my tastes. Non-offensive though.

Spun Sugar - Lovely minky silver color, needs two coats to last, but covers in one. I couldn't really detect a scent on this one. It's very very faint, possibly nonexistent. There might've been a suggestion of perfume-y vanilla early on but I might have been imagining that. There was nothing after half an hour.

African Tea Rose - Shocking bright pink creme color that's just fun. Scent is a sweet, juicy rose, fairly innocent and simple and might be too sweet for some, but it's so fun with this bright bright pink. Covered in one coat.

I tried these all without a base coat, and my nails flex, so no polish on earth lasts more than a day on my fingers. Most of them were worn off or chipping in a day, per spec with me. Still, I do love to play with scented polishes and was glad to see them return.

EDIT: More scents:

Wild Violets - gorgeous dark purple polish, one coat looks pretty nice, but two is better. Very sweet violet scent that dries to a violet/rose type mix.

Lime Basil-Wonderful Vintage green color, but the scent is kind of awful. An acidic lime that reminds very much of floor cleaner. No sign of the basil.

Balsam Fir - Dark dark green and smells just like a Christmas tree. This one is great.

Bourdeaux - Thick, wonderful deep burgundy goes on like a gel. Smells like grape juice and wine together, so not a bad red wine scent. Also wonderful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by mayumikiki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with other reviewers that say this polish has a streaky application and it takes forever to dry. It helps to use a base coat underneath. However, even with a base coat, I found that the polish still bubbled :( The scent can be very strong which some may like since it IS meant to have a scent.

The biggest deal breaker for me was that it took too long to dry. Even after two hours they were still a little wet.. easily to be marked up. I have no time for that!

EDIT: the polish didn't bubble, it was the base coat. Use a good base coat to prevent streaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this in Wild Violets and its a black purple. I love the color, its so intense and vampy. The scent of violets is strong IMO, even with the heavy topcoat I used. The smell however disappears after 2 days. It's very faint after that. No chipping or anything and great wear.

Packaging is very retro and I love it. Very unique polish and I will buy more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by maymorrison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought "Spun Sugar"... mostly for the adorable packaging, but I liked the color, too. It applies like a dream. The scent isn't very strong, which I'm glad for. Only reason I didn't rate it a 5 is that the color changed on my nail. It is a lovely champagne color in the bottle, but once dry it became a soft silver with blue undertones. Weird. Will probably buy more in different colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Wild Violets, a deep black purple, tho i see the shimmer only in direct sun. Lovely violet scent, which i detect even thru the Gelous top coat i put on top. This showed less chipping than some polishes i have; tip wear was visible due to the dark color. i also have this in bordeux,a deep red, which tho love the color and scent, leaves red streak marks on whatever papers and files i touch. Cute retro packaging, but i find the brush to be awkward. id buy more because while the colors are basic, i like the scent gimmic enough to try more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Errai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Moonlit Woods. It comes in a light, metallic medium purple, which I thought was pretty unique when compared to other drugstore polishes. The color comes out streaky and sheer so two coats are needed at minimum. With a base coat, the polish lasted five days without chipping. This color didn't stain my nails (I redid a nail with chipped polish but didn't apply a base coat).

The scent is definitely pleasant although difficult to describe--slightly floral with a hint of sweetness. I didn't get tired of it throughout the time I wore the polish. The scent lasted four days before fading completely.

The packaging is gorgeous and while the cap is small, I didn't have trouble applying the polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this the other day in "Powder Puff" (which was released here in Canada before the US, so it may or may not be available in the US by the time I post this). Powder Puff is a gorgeous sheer powder pink with blue and subtle rose-gold shimmer. It's somewhere between a creme and a jelly formula. The scent is similar to baby powder, but somehow more complex and classy. It's almost opaque in three coats, but you can easily wear two or even one coat for a sheerer look.

Pros:
- GORGEOUS colour, in the bottle and on the nails
- Lovely scent (not too strong - I only smell it when my hands are close to my face)
- Really classy packaging

Cons:
- Streaky application (it evens out with multiple layers and with application of topcoat, but it can make application unmecessarily stressful)
- Some may be bothered by the sweetness of the scent (although if you're bothered by scented products, you should probably avoid this polish line entirely)
- The shape of the cap can make application a little bit awkward, but this is a minor complaint

Overall a really lovely polish. I'm not usually drawn to light pinks like this, but I'm really glad I went out of my comfort zone and bought it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wild violets is a dark purple nail polish, it's got shimmers in it. It goes well on the application. I use revlon top coat with it and it goes well. It does smell like violet! Love it!