Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel (All)

3.4

on 7/14/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So so pleased with these, I'd be terribly upset if it turns out they have been discontinued. I bought for half off African tea Rose -a hot pink color - Wild violet - a Rich dark purple with subtle shimmer, and Lime Basil, a mint green. The violet is my favourite. It has a realistic plush sugared violet scent. I like the lime basil too. It's fresh and summery. the scent on the rose polish is not as strong and is a bit "soapy"application was a little streaky and bubbly, but better than a cheap polish and with a baseboard, lasted nearly a week without chipping. I really hope they are cashing from shelves because Revlon is tweaking the formulas. I'm not a nail polish person normally, but the Revlon polishes I've tried lately have been so impressive, I'm quickly becoming one. Keep it up!

on 4/13/2015 2:22:00 PM

Got this in a yellow shade. The only real pro is the scent stays long after drying... The formula is streaky and it actually dried with little air bubbles that are little black dots! Yuck. Maybe I got an off shade but I was not impressed. At least it was only 1.50 at Big Lots.

on 2/25/2015 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in the light pink color and it's scented like pineapple. It smells good, but the second coat was totally streaky and chipped immediately. After I removed it, it had yellowed my nails after one week. Never had that happen with a light polish before, so I will not recommend nor will I repurchase.

on 12/11/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this nail polish more for the color (I got Balsam Fur, a deep forest green, perfect for winter). The scent was an added bonus! This particular color went on very smoothly and only needed two coats. I don't know if other colors are streaky and this one isn't, but I didn't experience any streaking like other reviewers said. I will say it was a little more difficult holding that small cap while painting. Dry time was quick. Very shiny without a topcoat, although I did add one. The scent was amazing! It lasted strongly about 24 hours, and then very subtly about 24 more hours. I can understand where if the scent didn't smell good, it would be horrendous to have on your nails. But balsam fur smelled just like Christmas trees so it was perfect! Unfortunately, the life of this polish is not as long as others. I noticed small chips by the next day, whereas other brands of polish I don't notice chips for 5-7 days (using the same topcoat, so I know that has nothing to do with it). I would purchase this brand again, if the color/scent was something very intriguing. Besides that, you can probably find a lot of the basic colors in a better brand like OPI, China Glaze, or Essie.

on 12/2/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a bottle in the shade 'Italian Leather' which is a dark olive green creme base with fine gold shimmer. It has a thin formula but applies easily without streaks, needing two coats for full opacity. Quick drying time and has a shiny finish (without top coat). The shimmer isn't that visible unless you're looking at it under direct sunlight or at the right angle. Not a fan of the scent, but it doesn't last so it's no big deal.

on 11/3/2014 11:38:00 PM

I picked up one of these babies in Balsam Fur, a dark fur-tree green, at Walmart on clearance. I love it! It went on smooth, dried in a decent amount of time (half an hour), and only took two coats to cover. I've already gotten loads of compliments on the color and the smell adds a little something fun to it. Will definitely pick up more!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I actually like these. I have surf spray its a aqua blue color and it smells like the beach, which I like. It takes about 2-3 coats and it takes a while to dry. The round handle makes it a little hard to hold and it goes on smoothly. all in all it's a thumbs up.

on 8/20/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a light pink colour and a redish colour(saving it for fall) at the Canadian National Exhibiton. They sold a variety of Revlon, Sinful colours, and some other brands of nail polishes all 5 for $10. $2 nailpolishes that normally retails for $7-8? I have to give it a try. I used tHe light pink colour on my mom's toes and it took 3-4 coats for a solid even colour, by then it looked slighty messy. However I must admit, I'm a pretty bad nail painter. :P

on 7/22/2014 10:51:00 AM

I had a really miserable experience with Lavender Soap. First, it took four coats to become opaque and was difficult to apply with that tiny round cap to hold on to. I will say the pearly white color with a dash of lavender color would have been perfect for my wedding day, but after it dried the scent was so horribly horrendous (it was sickly, pungent soapy smell with a rancid lavender scent). Even my husband was absolutely disgusted while we were driving to dinner. We had to stop so I could buy some nail polish remover pads to get it off.

OK, so scented nail polish is nothing new and it has been done before. I purchased two of the colours at a local pharmacy when they were 2 for the price of AUS$20.

For the sake of the curious, the scent is released once the polish has dried =)

I chose the colours Beachy ( a bronze ) and Espresso ( Matte Black ). The colours were true to the bottle- I love the miniature perfume bottle look- a square glass bottle with a round black top. The top was a bit fiddly to open being so small.

My nails looked great for a fortnight without chipping. This particular polish is more durable then the regular Revlon range, including Top Speed and, Colorstay. If you are stuck between which Revlon nail range, definitely go for this one!

I love the colour range that is available and am aching to buy the whole lot, I still wish the selection was much bigger.

The price range is very reasonable for such an excellent and beautiful product. Will definitely re-purchase.

Popular Polishes