October 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Heidness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the crayon lip products but tend to prefer matte formulas, but between these lacquer balms and the matte ones Revlon rolled out at the same time, I might actually prefer these, though I do like the matte formulas a lot, too. (Those definitely have more staying power, as mattes tend to do.) I have four of these and am inclined to pick up one or two other colors. Provocative is a bright cherry red; Coy leans deep nude brown; Enticing is more a deep, vampier red; and Tease is mainly orange. I like all of them, though a couple have a bit more shimmer-glitter than I'd likek but it's really only a bother to me when some f the fomula fades and some shimmer is left behind -- easily fixed by reapplying. But they feel good, give a nice wash of color, some pretty shine, and the crayon packaging just adds to the fun (for me). My favorite of the bunch is Tease. A quick swipe and it's almost a peachy-coral wash of color, but build it up a bit and it's a bright orange-red, with no shimmer. Color seems to stay on pretty well, too. A few sips of morning coffee at work and when I reapply I still find I have a decent amount of pigment that remains on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by gigicardonita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG!! These are AMAZING!! I have coquette which is like a pink coral color with sparkles. Now, i will just let you know: people who don't like mint might have a little problem because it is minty, but isn't that bad. Very long-wearing, pigmented... I can't rave about it enough!! I would totally repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by KimMoodyMUA

I got the colour Ingenue and it's amazing! I love it. Looks great day or night and for a lacquer it has relatively good staying power. It's not sticky and it feels really good on. I'll definitely be buying this colour again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by colettemeek

I like the matte version so I expected a similar experience. Unfortunately these seem to be much less pigmented and less long-lasting. Otherwise the scent is lovely and they're fine if you're looking for something less intense but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have three of these and I love them! I own Provocateur (cherry red), Tease (tangerine) and Vivacious (magenta). None of the shades I have are glittery. I avoided purchasing a couple in shades I otherwise liked (Demure, Coquette) because of the glitter aspect, especially because it seemed fairly coarse.

These go on very easily and last pretty well. The color is bright, intense and opaque. I usually have to reapply if I eat or anything, but otherwise they stay on well and don't feel heavy at all - I can barely even tell that I have them on. They have a nice minty scent, which smells and feels nice (in addition to probably helping plump the lips a bit).

I really like the packaging, it's easy to use with a twist-up base instead of needing sharpening. Unfortunately, unlike the Balm Stains (which are in a tube exactly the same size and shape), these only have a small piece of tape closing them, and it can sometimes be hard to find one that hasn't been opened.

The price on these is a bit high ($9-10 at the stores I've been to) but they sometimes are on sale for buy one get one half off, which helps.

I'm not sure that any of the other shades would look good on me, but I'd be willing to try them (minus the ones with glitter). And I will probably repurchase these once they run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Juliette119

Shimmer are left on ur lips and horrid shade selection. Too expensive should have saved for a mac;(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by AlzoBelzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

To be honest I don't think I would've tried this had it not been a 'free gift' from Myer when I spent $40 on Revlon products. I had been put off by the 'balm' aspect, as I like a bit of colour ('what's the point' line of thinking), however this is a 'lacquer balm'. I was surprised by how pigmented it is, and with no glitter or shimmer in this shade. It's a wind up tube, about twice the length of your average lippie, but the same amount of product.

Vivacious is a bright raspberry shade that really pops. I think it's easier to wear than red, especially at work. I received at least 5 compliments the first day I wore it, and I'm a daily lipgloss/balm/stick wearer. I found the swatch I did on my skin is quite comparable of what it looks like on my lips. I love wearing bright lipstick/gloss, but hate it when the colour 'bleeds' into your lip lines. I did not have this issues with application, it goes on so easily, and depending on how you apply it stays in that tight line of your lips.

I wouldn't say it's moisturising, it is definitely glossy, but if you're prone to dry lips I think this could exacerbate that. In fact, the one con was that I had worn this when I had dry, cracked lips, and it actually 'tattooed' colour into the lip-crack. It took about a day to wear off! In saying that, if you don't manage to inadvertently tattoo your lips, It does swipe off easily so needs re-application after eating/drinking.

I am very glad I was exposed to it as I do genuinely really like the product. I will be trying out more next time they're on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's definitely possible that I might have liked this better if I had a different color. The only one I've tried is Coquette. I'm not a fan of sparkle or gloss, and this has both. I really disliked using this by itself, but I do like layering it. Because I don't normally buy something glossy or with glitter, it does fill a bit of a hole in my makeup bag. I have found that I'm more likely to reach for this than others, because it has a strong color. It layers over top of my other lipsticks well, including other balms. I'm not going to buy any more, but this is getting used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Demure and I love it. It is a great, shimmery, pale pink n ude. I am NW15 and it makes the perfect "n ude lip" for me. (Sorry, I have to add a space to "n-ude" or my security software will block it.) Demure is pretty shimmery, but I think it looks nice with the pale pink finish. Finish is semi-glossy, and as typical of any gloss/balm, not very long lasting. I bought this to keep in my bag & desk when I want to touch up my lips throughout the day without a mirror. Moisturization is meh. I wouldn't call this a tinted balm by any means, as it doesn't provide any actual hydration. Still, I like the finish, and it is easy to wear & reapply. Overall I am happy with this, and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ingenue is the perfect nude shade for my NC35 skintone. The perfect nude! I've finally found the perfect nude shade for me. This is greatly pigmented. It covers my lips perfectly. Also it feels like mint when applying. I don't know why it took me so long to try this product. This is definitely a holy grail of mine.