October 21, 2014 | 2089 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Vintage Leather - Classic Camel

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Somehow I missed all the Maybelline Color Show Vintage Leather Collection so I was thrilled when I found this in a bargain bin for only $1.48. I have some leather effect polishes from Sinful Colors and like them so I thought I would give this pretty rusty-copper color a try. In the bottle this is a gorgeous rusty orange that looks like a metallic and has what appears to be silver shimmer too. This is limited edition too, so imagine my joy in finding this little treasure. This comes in a small bottle, bigger than a mini, but it isn't full sized at .23 fl. oz. The brush on this is a smaller mini type brush and the handle is really short which is nice for better control. The formula was a bit thick though and this goes on unevenly. I tried to work with it, but it dries really fast and it's difficult to get a nice even layer. I don't mind a polish taking a little extra work if the color and wear time is great. This dried really quickly which usually would be a plus, but it made this very difficult to work with and giving this an uneven texture and then it dried to a matte look, but it was not pretty at all. This turned out looking so ugly I almost removed it, and then I found a topper to dress it up with and cover up the uglies. So, I was able to save this mani, but the polish is craptastic. Where did all that lovely shimmer go? And the beautiful lustre of the metallic? This dried flat, matte, and UGLY. No wonder this was in the bargain bin. I almost want to put it back. This is sad, because this is a really gorgeous polish IN the bottle.