October 20, 2014 | 1561 users online

Liquid - Jane - Oil Free foundation [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product comes in a nice color that looks natural in the bottle. Upon putting it on however it oxidizes and makes the skin turn orange. This happened to a lot of reviewers so I suspect it has something to do with the formula. I observed it made my pores look larger and it is hard to blend. This is a foundation that looks more like a mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by RachRachRevolution

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this stuff! I'm extremely fair skinned with neutral undertones, spider veins, oily t-zone and enlarged pores. As you can imagine, it's hard to find a good foundation!

pros:
-doesn't accentuate my pores
-controls my oil better than most...I've tried a ton.
-cheap
-not a heavy coverage, but makes my skin ONE EVEN COLOR <3

cons:
-a little dark for my skin but can be fixed with a lighter powder
-oxidizes (like most)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by ElenaaH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation looks really cakey and not smooth at all. Although cakey, somehow doesn't seem to cover much but just make it look worse. Even though it is cheap, I'd say save up a few extra dollars and get a Covergirl one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The price is unbelievable for the quality and packaging for this product. Okay so its not MAC or Lancome- but neither is it $30 + !! I paid a whooping $4.99 for oil-free and it delivered. The only thing was the color was a bit off. I haven't been tanning so the "ivory" is still a bit "chalky" but the other option didn't look right either. I opted for the ivory and just dusted some very light bronzer over it. Whoala!~ For the price- I cannot complain. The dispenser puts out a bit too much product for me and I wasted a whole lot with one pump- so I have to really just barely touch the pump; otherwise- its a steal of a deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by marusie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried MANY foundations using Makeup Alley reviews. After testing every single one at Sephora, I still did not feel that any of them worth $40. So I tried Almay with terrible results. Almay line smoothing makeup balls on my face unless I put something like Dermalogica Barrier Repair or another ahydrous solution (like oil). Also it comes in glass bottle and you need to shake it out. Other Almay products were so dry, I returned them back. Finally I read about Jane products. Yes, RiteAid is the only store carrying them . I tried Be Pure Mineral and it was just fine, has smooth feel and blends well. However, it was a bit too sheer for my taste. Also, you need to choose darker color than you normally would. Then I tried this Oil-Free.
Pluses: It provides much better coverage, it comes in a small cure bottle easy to take on airplanes, it has a miniature pump, and only a drop is required on each side .
Minuses: It takes some smoothing, as it does not blends right away,

This is a great makeup for $4.25! Get the darkest color. I am very light skinned, and still the darkest works the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by beckymitchell84

Tip: Blend with moisturizer! About a minute after you put your moisturizer on and your face is still pretty clamy/dewy, blend this foundation on it and it makes it have a satin glide to it. It's a good backup foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by stellay

I purchased this at Rite-Aid, which to my knowledge is the only drugstore/retailer that seems to carry Jane products. Plus tax, this foundation was about $4. I gravitate to oil-free liquid foundations because I have a semi-oily t-zone. This foundation works better than NARS' oil-free liquid foundation, which retails for $42 plus tax I believe. I use the lightest shade and I'm always pleased with how seamlessly it works on my skin especially when applied after moisturizer and primer. I would recommend this to anyone who's looking for a quality oil-free foundation. I'm so impressed with this product; it beat out NARS foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by badchix84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish Jane was still $3 and less...it used to be made like that. It's still cheap considering it's drugstore makeup, but I consider it a leg up from wet and wild cosmetics (ugh). Anyway, I have to admit that this line is one of the VERY few foundations that actually match my olive complexion...in other words, it doesn't make me look pink or ashy! Unlike other foundations that are much more expensive and are either too light/dark/pink on me. I swear, the moment I put on the foundation, it completely matched my skin. Why is this the case? Anyway, it provides light coverage and does the job. It's probably not long-lasting as other, more expensive brands, but really you get what you pay for. I'm still a fan...would much rather wear this than Bare Minerals.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by angiedancer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The quality of this foundation pretty much matches the price of it. I got the beige color, which may be the wrong color of me, but looked fine when i tried it on in the drugstore. When i got home to try it, it was absolutely terrible. The color is just the weirdest shade I've ever seen, and i cant imagine it actually matching anyone's skin tone. It dries really fast while you put it on, which tends to make spreading and blending difficult. If you want to actually cover up any imperfections with this, you have to go over it a bunch of times which just makes for a cakey mess- yuck! Also, this foundation does not hold up to water, sweat, or any kind of moisture, as it will melt right off your face.I found this foundation awful and i do not recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I rarely use foundation, most days I use Jane's Nearly Foundation TM or Jane's AguaCeuticals TM, but for special occasions when I want more coverage, this is my go to foundation. I own probably every drugstore brand of foundation, and several high end ones, and this is my fave. It's natural looking, and applies like a dream, and doesn't make my oily skin worse. This, as with all of Jane's fantastic products, does not break out my very breakout prone skin, which almost always happens when I wear foundations. I use the darkest shade, which is not very dark (IMO), but it's nice and neutral (no pink), so it works for my summer tanned skin. Pump packaging is very convenient, and it's cute! Jane has sadly been discontinued in many stores, but I have found it at Rite Aid and some Meijers. Just stock up when you find it, and pray that Jane Cosmetics will bounce back from their financial troubles and remain present in the cosmetics industry.