Estee Lauder Perfectly clean multi-action cleansing gel/refiner

3.5

I actually received a sample of this, after used it for 6 times religiously am and pm, I decided to get the full size. I really love this cleanser as it does a multi-tasking job to my skin. The fine grains scrubbed away the dead cells while it cleanse leaving my skin super soft and clean. The smell quite strong for some but I don't have any problem with it, in fact I love the smell so much. I'm not sure whether to repurchase - but I put it as yes. I just think maybe I could find other cleanser, cheaper than this that does the same job.

on 2/10/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I liked the exfoliating action. The beads were not irritating. As with most Estee Lauder products though it's a bit expensive. I really liked it for the most part but the biggest downside for me was the strong perfume smell. Way too fragrant for my liking. If they could fix that this would be my HG.

on 9/27/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good option for anyone with oily skin. It has a fine grain in it so it exfoliates, but it's gentle enough to use daily. (I use mine morning and night). Non irritating for me, but there is a bit of fragrance.

on 6/30/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews! This cleanser says it's suitable for all skin types, although ideally for oily skin - but judging by the reviews, perhaps it's better for normal to dry skin...

I think cleansers can be tricky, but I really like this one! It has very gentle exfoliating microbeads, and is more of a gel than a foaming cleanser.

On my skin, this cleanser is very gentle and a very good exfoliator and cleaner without being harsh in any way - paired with a good toner and moisturiser, it really works wonders. If I'm having a hormonal breakout and cleanse with this, I will see a result the next morning - my skin won't be anywhere near as red or inflamed, and it will be soft and moisturised. My skin is super dry and this cleanser actually works wonders in removing/preventing flakes. I like to use it night and morning - it helps me achieve a good "base" before I apply makeup, and it helps me remove any leftover makeup (after makeup removal wipes) at the end of the night.

I personally love its gentle smell, although it sounds like ladies with more sensitive skin have had a problem - perhaps the fragrance agents are to blame? Packaging is simple and effective - the cap has an extremely small nozzle which helps give you the right amount - a little goes a long way, making this a very cost effective product.

I will repurchase this product as I've really enjoyed using it, and it's been a fantastic cleanser for me! Despite what the cleanser says, if you have oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin, perhaps see if you can get your hands on a sample first... as for normal/dry skinned ladies - give this a try!

on 6/13/2014 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to like this product when i was younger. I tried it recently on my trip in hk and it's so dry.
Never buying it again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Below average cleanser. Removes makeup well, but it's much too drying.

on 5/25/2014 9:32:00 PM

I really like this cleanser! It is a low foaming gel, so it only foams/lathers up a little bit, but don't let that fool you .... it really cleans skin well! It completely removes estee lauder's Double Wear foundation. I wash my face TWICE with this cleanser, and all traces of Double Wear are gone. When I take my cotton pad and toner over my face afterward, there is no hint of makeup.

Also, this rinses completely clean for me - there is no residue left behind. In fact, my face feels squeaky clean afterward (I know they say that 'squeaky clean' is not good, but for my oily skin, squeaky clean feels great! Sorry, but I love squeaky clean skin ... my pores feel cleaned out and my face feels fresh!). I have no idea why some others say they feel residue. Maybe it has to do with hard or soft water ... we have soft water.

Anyway, I have an oily t-zone and normal-dry cheeks, and this cleanser leaves my entire face feeling soft and clean, not dry or flaky. I am prone to acne (see oily skin above!) and have easily clogged pores, and this has not caused me any acne or clogged pores. The beads are gentle, and I use this everyday with no problems.

I really love it, and will continue to purchase! :)

on 3/6/2014 10:52:00 AM

I really loved this product, removes all makeup in a first cleanse, including Estée Lauder double wear foundation. The only thing I don't like about it is when you accidentally get it in your eyes, it's really painfull! But I would purchase again as I prefer having a cleanser that takes all makeup off quickly.

on 3/6/2014 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This a very harsh, drying cleanser. It removes makeup and other impurities pretty well. My face feels clean after use. However, it can de deceiving. I ended up with acne on my cheeks from foundation buildup because this stuff feels like it's stripping my face so badly I don't want to leave it on for too long. I realized this when i started patting my face dry on a white towel and it turned orange. This is after i use makeup remover towelettes too!

Pros:
- If used methodically and thoroughly it removes makeup residue and other yucky stuff
- Leaves skin feeling clean

Cons
- Strong fragrance
- Very drying
- Triggered acne

on 11/2/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I don't recommend this product for oily skin! it leaves a horrible residue and causes breakouts badly! very acnegenic! beware!!