August 29, 2014 | 933 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Perfectly clean multi-action cleansing gel/refiner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews! This cleanser says it's suitable for all skin types, although ideally for oily skin - but judging by the reviews, perhaps it's better for normal to dry skin...

I think cleansers can be tricky, but I really like this one! It has very gentle exfoliating microbeads, and is more of a gel than a foaming cleanser.

On my skin, this cleanser is very gentle and a very good exfoliator and cleaner without being harsh in any way - paired with a good toner and moisturiser, it really works wonders. If I'm having a hormonal breakout and cleanse with this, I will see a result the next morning - my skin won't be anywhere near as red or inflamed, and it will be soft and moisturised. My skin is super dry and this cleanser actually works wonders in removing/preventing flakes. I like to use it night and morning - it helps me achieve a good "base" before I apply makeup, and it helps me remove any leftover makeup (after makeup removal wipes) at the end of the night.

I personally love its gentle smell, although it sounds like ladies with more sensitive skin have had a problem - perhaps the fragrance agents are to blame? Packaging is simple and effective - the cap has an extremely small nozzle which helps give you the right amount - a little goes a long way, making this a very cost effective product.

I will repurchase this product as I've really enjoyed using it, and it's been a fantastic cleanser for me! Despite what the cleanser says, if you have oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin, perhaps see if you can get your hands on a sample first... as for normal/dry skinned ladies - give this a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by clasp

I used to like this product when i was younger. I tried it recently on my trip in hk and it's so dry.
Never buying it again

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Below average cleanser. Removes makeup well, but it's much too drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I really like this cleanser! It is a low foaming gel, so it only foams/lathers up a little bit, but don't let that fool you .... it really cleans skin well! It completely removes estee lauder's Double Wear foundation. I wash my face TWICE with this cleanser, and all traces of Double Wear are gone. When I take my cotton pad and toner over my face afterward, there is no hint of makeup.

Also, this rinses completely clean for me - there is no residue left behind. In fact, my face feels squeaky clean afterward (I know they say that 'squeaky clean' is not good, but for my oily skin, squeaky clean feels great! Sorry, but I love squeaky clean skin ... my pores feel cleaned out and my face feels fresh!). I have no idea why some others say they feel residue. Maybe it has to do with hard or soft water ... we have soft water.

Anyway, I have an oily t-zone and normal-dry cheeks, and this cleanser leaves my entire face feeling soft and clean, not dry or flaky. I am prone to acne (see oily skin above!) and have easily clogged pores, and this has not caused me any acne or clogged pores. The beads are gentle, and I use this everyday with no problems.

I really love it, and will continue to purchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Jessicalc

I really loved this product, removes all makeup in a first cleanse, including Estée Lauder double wear foundation. The only thing I don't like about it is when you accidentally get it in your eyes, it's really painfull! But I would purchase again as I prefer having a cleanser that takes all makeup off quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Tarzmahal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This a very harsh, drying cleanser. It removes makeup and other impurities pretty well. My face feels clean after use. However, it can de deceiving. I ended up with acne on my cheeks from foundation buildup because this stuff feels like it's stripping my face so badly I don't want to leave it on for too long. I realized this when i started patting my face dry on a white towel and it turned orange. This is after i use makeup remover towelettes too!

Pros:
- If used methodically and thoroughly it removes makeup residue and other yucky stuff
- Leaves skin feeling clean

Cons
- Strong fragrance
- Very drying
- Triggered acne

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't recommend this product for oily skin! it leaves a horrible residue and causes breakouts badly! very acnegenic! beware!!