October 25, 2014 | 1664 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Hydrabase Lipstick#11 Sirene

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by angie8383

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is absolutely gorgeous. In fact, I am trying to find it for my mum. I have searched the web and cannot find it anywhere. I believe it's discontinued. Can anyone please advise me where I can purchase this lipstick from? Chanel Hydrabase Sirene No,11. Thank you

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2005 2:03:00 AM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this is gorgeous! I would put this in the infrarouge line because of the complexity of the color. It shows up as a medium pink with shimmer and seems to look different in different lights. NC35-40 here. Very impressed with this color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

A very pretty violet/lilac shade with lots of gold shimmer. Gives a wonderful multi-dimensional, duochrome, pouty effect. Unfortunately this particular color does not work on me (now MMM/golden) and makes me look like a corpse. Would probably work best on the cool-toned or people who like purples. But texture is nicely light and smooth and the packaging is classy as hell. I wouldn't buy this one again but would investigate other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2005 6:10:00 AM More reviews by ACEerCP

WOW! I'm absolutely nuts for this lipstick! A bright plum/mauve color shot with gold shimmer. It looks tough to wear in the tube but it's incredible on, and that's saying something because it's extremely tough for me to wear l/s (extremely, extremely pinky-undertoned PPP!) It actually goes on rather sheer so even with layering it's not garish or too loud. Great staying power, extremely moisturizing, and typical Chanel beautiful packaging. This has become an everyday staple for me and looks especially awesome with the Vanites quad! Give this one a try before you think it's not a good shade for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2005 1:48:00 PM More reviews by pink_paige

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this by just reading reviews and online pics. I have to say I am more than thrilled, its a beautiful medium mauve with light gold sheen. Perfect for auburn haired brown eyed beauties. It is a cool toned lippie that makes your lips look really full and beautiful. I would not say this is warm tone in anyway even though it has some gold. As always it has the chanel rose flavor, satin finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 2:31:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie5349

This is one of my all time faves in Chanel lipstick. Beautiful light purple shade with gold frost -- and the gold frost REALLY stands out. Highly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by chanel_junkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A lovely mauve colour with a chameleon-like gold iridescence. So beautiful! It must be seen. Complete with the signature Chanel rose scent. Love it!!! (I know many don't care for that feature, but it evokes a lot of very happy memories for me.) As the SA described it, it's a four-season colour. It also seems to be incredibly versatile for all skin tones as it is both a warm and cool shade. Have a look. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. UPDATE Feb./06: It has been discontinued in the Canadian market.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2004 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Nata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On me it shows as pretty bright pink with gold shimmer. I bought it in Duty Free without trying on and expected more of mauve in it. Applied by itself it looks very dressed-up, I layer it sheer on the top of Clinique Superbalm, and then it's good for me for everyday wear.
Overall it's a nice lipstick, but I think it is too expensive. But well Itís Chanel, baby :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by desirani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm Indian. I have light golden brown skin (at least that's what the MAC lady told me) and pink undertones. This is THE BEST lipstick I've ever come across.

BUT I think it would flatter most women. It has at least 3 colors in it, blended to perfection: rosy mauve, violet, and gold. It manages to be warm & cool at the same time. It's very creamy & moisturising, but has good coverage as well. And it lasts like a sexy man in bed ;-)

I have two friends who swear by this lipstick, both with very different coloring to mine - a blond-haired, blue-eyed friend with peachy skin (think Cameron Diaz) and a redhead with green eyes and very pale skin (think Julianne Moore). It's amazing how this color looks good on all of us!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 11:10:00 PM More reviews by EastJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first Chanel l/s purchase. I love the glossimers and figure I should try the l/s because it is one of Chanel's signature products. And there is no disappointment here, the opposite in fact. I could not have been more pleased with the overall creamy texture of this l/s. The gorgeous color (mauvy-violet rose that flashes gold iridencent sparkles) makes me look so sophiticated. For reference I'm MMM NC30, but I would imagine this color would be very pretty on light skinned ladies as well because there is a fair amount of pink that shows thru. I love topping this off with Suprize Glossimer (gold iridescent w/ gold micro-sparkles). Makes lips really luminous and full. The only itty bitty thing that bothered me was the rose scent that Chanel puts in the l/s, so grandma-ish! Otherwise this is a great find, I'm looking forward to more great l/s finds from Chanel.