April 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Lightbulb Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by meracun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been purcased this product for abt two month, and still yet havent finished or atleast still got half bottle. It actually hve sheer yet dewy on the finished. i would say quite good as the price also quite higher than others. and last longer, every girl been asking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by gabbyli3

Firstly, I have dry to combination skin and I love this foundation to death. If you have quite oily skin and you like a matte finish. Then, I think this foundation is not the one for you. If you like a dewy finish and you want a flawless glow to your face, then this foundation is great for you. I have the colour 564 (Medium light sand), in Mac Studio fix fluid, NC30 is the perfect colour match for me. It comes with a sponge (I've never tried the beauty blender sponge) which looks like a lightbulb and its very soft and dense, very high-quality.
Let me go through the pros and cons:
Pros:
-Great for dry, normal and combination skin
-Dewy and has a nice glow to it
-It didn't break me out
-Great for people that has a yellow tone to their skin
-High coverage (covers acne scars and redness)
-Lasts a long time on the skin
Cons:
-They dont offer very dark colours
-If you live in Australia, this is very expensive and it costs $77 dollars with the sponge (I got mine from Hong Kong)
I hope this will help you :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Sajy86

I've been hunting for the HG foundation for my wedding in June and I have tried them all (Estée Lauder, NARS, Armani, Clinique, Mac, Bobbi Brown...) but this really ticks all the boxes for me. Blends likes dream (even without the applicator as I have a sample) lovely luminous natural finish but without the sheer low coverage of others I've tried, like NARS sheer glow or Armani luminous silk. I've worn it all day in various lights and I'm pretty happy the finish, even in bright daylight!! It feels like its fitted to my skin, no movement so no sliding off on the big day. I did use YSL touch matte primer underneath, on my oily areas only, so not sure if that made a difference reading the reviews below...

Couldn't really comment on the packaging as I have a sample so I gave it an average score.

I have one foundation left to try, Guerlain lingerie de peau, but even if I choose that for the wedding I will definitely be purchasing Light Bulb it is just that good! Worth the price tag :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Less is more when it comes to this foundation. I've been using it for about a week now and have applied it using bare fingers, a foundation brush (Shiseido) and the sponge that's included. I definitely like it best with the sponge because it looks the most natural.

I would classify this as a medium to heavy coverage foundation, because it's quite pigmented. The first couple times I used this I was heavy-handed and applied too much so it looked mask-like. However, I noticed that even when I'm careful not to apply to much, it requires maybe 10-15 minutes to settle into the skin. Until then, it can appear a bit chalky and accentuate flakes. Around mid-day, the glow starts to show through, and at the end of the day I'm quite dewy. Even though it's February we've been getting temps in the 70's here in California to give you an idea of how it wears. It doesn't feel too heavy for the current weather, but this probably wouldn't be my foundation of choice in a humid climate.

This is lightly scented with a fruity fragrance that I'm not thrilled with. This is a nice foundation but I think I still prefer the NARS Radiant Creamy compact foundation because it's more lightweight on the skin. For reference, I have combo skin and used this in shade 764, which was a little too pale for me. I'm probably inbetween 764 and 754 right now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

madly in love!! no more trying to make the other full coverage foundations out there (all matte finish) work for dry skin!! this gives you a seriously airbrushed, flawless look. it's beautifully radiant too, i just look so well rested wearing this (and i work two jobs, so it's a lie lol). buying foundation online, sight unseen, is terrifying. i went with shade 754 (medium beige), which is slightly dark for my pale winter skin (764 may have been better), but will definitely be too light when i'm tan (744, the darkest shade, sadly does not appear to be available in the US, but hopefully i can get my hands on some for the summer), all things considered, i'm thinking i picked the right color. i couldn't be happier!! =)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

I only tried this foundation as a sample, therefore I tried to apply this with a brush. it might be because of this, but I didn't see any "glow" to this foundation.

I have combination skin - very dry cheeks and very oily T zone.
for Oily part of the skin, this does hold throughout the day unlike many that "disappear"
for dry parts of the skin though, it makes it look very very dry. becomes only patchier throughout the day..
it does oxidize as well.
The color 774 (light beige) looks great upon application on my skin, but throughout the day, it becomes very beige-y and dark.

Coverage is very buildable, texture is light weight and formula is very blendable. but if you have dry skin, any layer won't hide the patches of dry skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by lisalalas

FYI: Asian, acne prone, combination-oily skin.

Pros:
- Spreads nicely, isn't too thick (I apply with a Beauty Blender)
- Coverage is medium (It doesn't cover hyperpigmentation or redness, but will help even out your skin tone)
- Buildable
- I only need to use a very tiny amount so it will last
- surprisingly, i've not noticed any major breakouts. i have some minor pore clogging going on but it's not something that I can definitely attribute to this foundation, and i dont use a primer (since primers most definitely do break me out)

Cons:
- Not really a con since it's not advertised as an oil-control product, but for my oily-skinned girls, this will not help. I don't mind a bit of oil, but if this is an issue for you, you will need to combine it with another mattifying product.
- A tad pricey but I don't use too much everyday so it should last
- I don't understand where the 'glow' part comes in

Other comments:
- I suggest getting a sample of the foundation before you purchase since it's pricey, to test for oxidisation etc etc. I tried two of the medium shades, one darker and one lighter. The darker one when applied matched my skin tone better at first, but would oxidise into a shade that was too dark for me by the end of the day. The lighter shade didn't seem to oxidise at all, so test before you buy to make sure you're buying the right shade for you.
- if you, like me, have some scarring or bumps, it probably won't look like no-makeup makeup even with a beauty blender
- i have not tried the sponge that comes together with the foundation yet since I had my beauty blender open.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

After all the research I had done, I soooo wanted to love this but I can't. It was way too thick and oily looking (even though I'd used a powder on top). The coverage was much fuller than I expected and had that awful obvious I was wearing make up look. I couldn't wait to get home and take it off.
Colour was also an issue. I am around NC40 and the darkest shade (744) was still too light even when I put bonzer on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by cherlene88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't express how much I love this foundation. I'm Asian, fair, with some obvious blemishes on my face. I have been looking for something to replace a foundation I bought from Korea (and yet so difficult to buy outside of Korea) and I chanced upon this. I have been suckered into the whole Korean glowy skin look, and this foundation sounded promising. I would admit that it is pricy, but I always believe that good foundations are never cheap. I'm glad I got it - it gave me glowy skin, coverage is decent ( I don't even need a concealer), and i love love love the lightbulb sponge. My skin looks bright, and the foundation doesn't oxidize on me at all. This is truly an honest ( lol) foundation cos it photographs so so well! I use it without sunscreen when I'm going out at night. I would recommend this.. I can only imagine how awesome it would look on girls with flawless skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by hazel416

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation for a month now and I have to say that I LOVE it! It spreads easily and instantly brightens up my complexion. I am Asian and have fair skin, but there is a certain dullness in the skin - you will see a huge difference once you apply the foundation. A little goes a long way, so even though the foundation is quite pricey, it is worth the money as it will last you a long long time. It is by far my favourite foundation (and I have tried many others, including Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Giorgio Armani, RMK, Estee Lauder).