July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - Wet/Dry Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by fragilesong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a powder (dry): Great finish, very soft, goes on well with Smashbox kabuki. Very minimal coverage, would only use to set foundation.

As a foundation (wet): NO. NO. NO. Way too cakey and chalky. Did NOT blend well at all. I did half my face then I just gave up and cleaned it off, and used my MAC Select.

I have it on my swaplist to see if it would work better for anybody else. It's just not for me. Two lippies because it's a nice powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lissfulbliss

This is the best wet/dry coverage I've ever found. It doesn't feel too heavy either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this product was decent for use as a setting powder. I didn't use it as a foundation though. I applied the primer, foundation, concealer, and this as the powder. I wasn't able to build good enough coverage, but the product does feel nice on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this product was fine. It's overpriced for what it does because it's basically like any other wet to dry foundation where you wet the sponge and dip into the product. The colour selection was good; I found something that matched me, but it came off quickly and I needed touch ups throughout the day. I didn't find the coverage particularly great. But maybe it's because I prefer the coverage of mineral makeup and I'm used to how smoothly that goes on? Still, I think Sephora's Matifying Foundation does better and is a bit cheaper than Wet/Dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by lemfloyd

I liked this foundation and think it's a good alternative to MAC studio fix. I'm not to keen on the small sponge which seems to deteriorate quite quickly. It's good to keep in the handbag for periodic make-up touch ups. Having said all this, I do prefer MAC studio fix as I like the packaging better!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 5:40:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my #1 staple. HG status 100%!!
I have tried almost EVERY SINGLE foundation powder or wet or mineral ect out there and this stuff is it for me. I found minerals to sparkly (or somthing like that..its so hard to exsplain, but i dont think mineral make up is the best for asian medium colored yellow toned skin). Liquid foundation for some reason always makes my sensitive skin react but still i tried everything from channel to dior to nars and so on. Powders to ive tried them all, shiseido clarins lancome shu ect ect. and yet for some reason this stuff is THE best. Has a perfect airbrush but natural finish not to overly matte (although may not be the best for super dry skin). Its not the longest lasting I will admitt, but its last pretty long 8-10 hours. Thats long enough time for me. but even if i happen to be wearing it that long, a little brush with a small purse sized powder brush puts it right pretty quick, a little brush on my t zone and all is well. But i also tend to go threw this stuff pretty quick. o well for the price and my rate of buying more it does get pricey but hey who said beauty was cheap? i say go for it this product rocks. its at least worth a shot. (also make sure though to use the photofinish primer, it makes it last much longer and it goes on way more even and covers much better as well. I personally use the oil free version for my sensitive skin and ive had no issues with it what so ever)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by idvine408

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After using MAC Studio Fix for about 5 years, I wanted to try something new. Smashbox Wet/Dry is a good alternative to MAC Studio Fix. It's very lightweight and covers really well! I apply this product with a little bit of water on the sponge and it blends really well. Throughout the day, I can either touch up wet or dry. The only thing I don't like is that my sponge is beginning to rip and I don't think you can buy extras. Otherwise, I really love this product and would definitely purchase another when mine runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 9:56:00 PM More reviews by miotiramisu

I feel like Smashbox made this foundation especially for girls with oily skin. I had the best luck keeping my skin under oil control with the Smashbox Color Blend Primer AND Christi Harri's Hydraderma Underbase. It may take a bit of effort but after applying with a wet foundation brush, the foundation goes on your skin very smoothly hiding most pores covering unwanted lines. I can't help but think my skin looks so BUFFED! I prefer this foundation over the Smashbox Seemless (probably more suitable for chicks with dry skin). And really, you don't even need to finish off with power if you don't want to since it looks very matte-finished. However, if I'm going out and I want to look glam, I'll dust off with my HG Cle De Peau loose power. Then I walk out feeling like a princess. I keep oil absorbing sheets in my bag just in case I need touch ups and that's usually not until after 5 hours or more. Love Love Love Love LOoOooOooooVe this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by awesomefun

nice coverage and oil control but made me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2007 11:01:00 AM More reviews by kittenheels911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love SB, which I have recently discovered. I love this foundation...it leaves my skin smooth and flawless. I don't usually have to reapply but this summer in MN has been brutal with the humidity...so I have to use oil blotting sheets and throw on another layer of this by late afternoon. My only issue is with the price. Call me cheap but $38 for ONE compact?! Yes, it's great packaging, with a huge mirror but when it comes to make-up, I don't want to have to post-pone paying the electric bill to have great looking skin. Sheesh.