April 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Makeup Brushes - Becca - The One Perfecting Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by actionwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush when I purchased the Becca Ultimate Coverage Creme foundation, specifically to use with the foundation. The foundation went on nicely (I've never used this type of brush before, I'm used to the flat type, so I have nothing to compare it to) but I could not believe how many goat hairs I had stuck to face after I was finished. The brush sheds like crazy. I did not pay $49 plus tax for a brush that is going to shed like this - it'll be bare within a year. So I returned it to Sephora along with the foundation (will review that next).

I was going to purchase the MUF kabuki foundation brush, but the they were sold out, and the sales associate recommended the Sephora brush #56 (only $32), which I am looking forward to trying and am happy to see has great reviews on this site.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by reh92

OMG! okay so I love this brush so much! I have the tarte air brush foundation brush and I have been using the beauty blender a lot but I went ahead and splurged and got this at sephora cause I was curious after watching all the youtube videos about it. At first I used this solely for bronzing powder which was pretty good when I wanted to get my bronzer done quickly and easily... but then I tried using this with my bb cream and foundation and it is WONDERFUL!! Idk what it is, if it's the soft goat hair or what but this GLIDES my foundation on soooo smooth and nice and I am terrible at getting my application right lol. After I use it to apply my foundation, I'll use it to also blend out my concealer or highlighter. I LOVE this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought two of these, one for home and one for my travel case. I was scared to use this because the brush looks crazy big. I couldn't quite understand how it was supposed to replace 10 brushes. Well, let me tell you, you should IMO designate one side for darker and the other for lighter shades. I did and figured out how to use the brush properly. It takes a few trials to get your own technique down properly. But when you do it's actually a well made and handy brush. When I travel I now take this along with my eye and lip brushes. But four brushes opposed to 10+ is a lovely thing when traveling for work. Just know you WILL need to figure out how to use this brush for your face and your needs. It's not quite as cut and dry as it seems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by valentinekisses

I'll start by commenting on the size and shape of this brush - it's unlike anything I have in my brush collection and it's pretty large, yet easy to hold and easy to use. It's bristles are soft too.

I originally started using this brush to apply my contour and bronzer, which I think is a great first-place to go with this if you're a little unsure about how to use it. It applies my contour to my cheeks like a dream - almost too perfect, if there is such a thing! I would dip the one end of the brush in my contour shade and apply to my cheek bones and blend down. The rest of the brush (without the product on it) would pull it and blend it so beautifully. I put a pic of me using this to apply my contour on my Instagram page (IG name is valentinekissesbeauty).

Then I decided it was time to try it out with foundation - which seemed like the one use for this I was most nervous about. However, I was amazed at how well it applied my liquid foundation. Blended it nicely and you could stipple it on too if you needed to do so. Then I applied my powder foundation and same thing - easy to use and it was FAST.

One thing I want to point out is this brush made applying my foundation and powder foundation super fast - it's a claim I thought was completely true. They also say you don't have to clean this brush in between products, and while that scared me, I did it anyway and I had no issues. I would still spot clean between uses (day to day) if you plan to use several products with this same brush, but overall it worked flawlessly.

I know this brush isn't cheap, but it's a brush that can work for multiple uses in your makeup routine - really making it several brushes in one. It's great quality and really did speed up my makeup routine. I am going crazy over this brush - it's been so much fun to use and it's unique in shape and size. I know some people were asking if it was similar to the NARS Ita Brush - which I don't own but have seen in person and read up about. They are both made from goat hair and they look similar, but the Becca brush is much larger and much more full in bristles. I'd say the NARS Ita Brush is mostly good for contour and maybe blending, but the Becca The One Perfecting Brush is good for many uses. If you're trying to decide between the two I'd recommend the Becca The One Perfecting Brush. I can honestly say I haven't been this impressed with a makeup brush in I don't know how long!

I'm in love with the Becca The One Perfecting Brush and would definitely recommend!!

A bouquet of brushes in One Perfecting Brush! A true beauty multi-tasker, The One Perfecting Brush takes the guesswork out of brush work. Cuts makeup application in half by replacing these 10 tools: foundation, powder, contour, bronzer, stipple, blush, fan, and concealer brushes, kabuki, and sponge.

From start to finish, primer to powder, The One Perfecting Brush can be used with liquids, creams, powders and anything in between. Non-porous, high-quality goat hair allows product to sit on top of bristles rather than absorbing, ensuring a seamless application with no wasted product.

Target specific areas with your favorite highlighter for an air brushed effect. Contour with powders, creams or liquids for sculpted perfection. Build and layer foundations and setting powders for smooth, natural coverage. Offers versatility and precision for a perfected look in seconds. The Becca website has a great list of how to use this brush.

Products can be applied without having to clean between uses - allowing you to go from liquids to powders with ease. Works well for layering liquid or powders over foundation application. Pairs well with all Becca foundation formulas, Shimmering Skin Perfectors (liquid or pressed), and Beach Tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mymkup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love love love this brush for contouring. The thickness is in between my Hakuhodo Itabake brush and Eco tools brush that are the same shape. All three brushes are pretty soft. the Eco tools is the softest but it's synthetic, and too thick for contouring cheeks. I usually use that one to apply powder right below my cheek contour line if it went down too low. But the Becca one is just perfect! I only put contour powder on one end of the brus, place it next to the top of my ear then blend down. It takes no effort at all. Ive used it for blush too when I was in a rush and it works good for that too but I pretty much only use for contouring my cheeks, temples, and jawline so I don't have to wash it too often. Its easy to remove most of the powder by wiping it back and forth on a towel. There will still be product left that will only come off if you wash it or keep spraying it with brush cleaner I guess but I wouldn't do that since most of them have a ton of alcohol. It sheds 1 or 2 hairs when i gently comb it out after washing but never when i actually use it. I only wish it came with a little drawstring bag or case for travel since I do love it so much and it will not fit in most brush cases so i have to put it in the box it hame in whih is getting pretty beat up. Either way I'd buy it again if anything ever happened to it. If you love to contour, I think you'd be happy with it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this brush to work wonderfully with pressed foundation, mineral foundation, powder blush, powder highlighter, pressed or loose contour, and bronzer. It makes it easy to apply your foundation, then contour, then blush, then highlight.

I found it did not work well for me with liquids or creams. I also didn't like it with finishing powders (as I prefer to use a powder puff for that).

The brush itself is lightweight. The bristles are dense. The handle is easy to hold on to. The design makes it easy to apply product to the body as well as the face.

Overall, it's a nice multi-tasking brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

I am a 100% believer in this large, soft, fluffy yet dense brush that does (almost) everything. The Becca video on their site doesn’t do it justice. If you to see how to use the brush a better resource is the gossmakeupartist “rae morris radiance brush” video which is a similar shape brush. I put product on the back of my hand (primer, liquid foundation, or mineral foundation. Any formula really works!) and sweep the brush through. Then across the forehead and in downward strokes on the rest of my face I go. Literally my base is done in 5 seconds, instantly blended and melded to my skin. To finish, I sweep it across my pressed powder compact and downward strokes again in my T-zone. I really didn’t know how on earth this brush could do everything, but it totally does! Hold the brush at an angle to pick up bronzer for a really fierce contour and use the big flat side to blend. One lippie off only because there is mild shedding and it is so darn big, it is hard to wedge into some powder compacts but it’s still amazing. So unique and obsessed. $ and worth it. I have no other brush like this in my collection.