Becca The One Perfecting Brush

4.2

I usually have a really hard time contouring without creating any harsh and unnatural lines, but this brush did an AMAZING job with that. It cut my contouring time in half and my face looks really smooth and even. Although this brush is suppose to be used for everything, I wouldn't mix foundations and powders with it. As for contouring and highlighting, I've never been more satisfied with the outcome.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I must have received a dud brush because The One Perfecting Brush has been a complete nightmare for me. I have never experienced this much shedding with any brush I've tried or any brush I own. I can say that the brush is very soft and very dense - which I love! But after applying foundation, blush, face powder or ANYTHING, I was left with so many brush hairs all over my face. It was crazy!

I have had this brush for one week and now it is time for us to go our separate ways. This thing is going back. Its just too annoying with all the shedding it does. However, it seems that others have had much better luck with this brush than I've had, so maybe this was just bad luck for me. On a positive note, I can say that the brush does apply foundation nicely - my foundation looked nice after I removed all the shedding hairs from my face. Also, I think the brush is kind of cute in spite of its odd shape. Oh, and it bears repeating that this brush is very soft and dense. I love the way it feels. I had high hopes for this brush, but I guess this relationship wasn't meant to be. Back it goes!!

The bristles on The One brush by BECCA are exactly the same as the Rae Morris Radiance brush at half the cost of the Morris one.

This brush will apply any kind of foundation and make it look like skin. It buffs the foundation, whether liquid, cream or powder, onto the skin for a flawless finish. If you have a drawer full of foundation that you aren't happy with because of the way it looks on the skin, chances are you will be happy with it when you use the One brush to apply it.

There is a bit of shedding when you first start using it, but this is typical of natural hair brushes. It washes easily with a good shampoo. I wrap a rubber band around the handle to hang it upside down to dry.

I'm still getting used to this big brush. I don't think it's going to be the replacement for all other brushes, yet I am really glad I bought it, and feel sure I'll use it a lot. I don't think it's perfect for everything, for example, swiping loose powder over a liquidy, silicone type foundation (such as Bare Minerals/Escentuals), the powder seemed to stick to the foundation rather than give a soft powdery veil. A separate powder brush was better. I think the Real Techniques buffer brush is also excellent at multi-tasking. This Becca brush and the Real Techniques buffer are now my two favourite brushes. Oh, and how could I forget my Elizabeth Arden face powder/bronzer brush which I always use together with Arden's loose powder bronzer.

Love love this brush :) only had a few bristles shed from the brush so not too bad. I did think that the products sat just on the top of the brush but they have sank further down so will be deep cleaning soon!!. Love how i can use a number of products with this. Fantastic brush excellent for foundation x

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush especially for foundation, powder, blush, and highlighting. I only used the brush with Becca products and I will try it with other brands. Also, the best thing to clean this brush with is the beauty bender solid. Not the liquid. I didn't have hardly any shedding.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great brush to travel with as it does foundation, powder, bronzer/contour and blush. Too bulky for eye makeup. It has replaced my Ecotools dupe brush.

There is the awkwardness at first due to the handle size. Bristles are goat hair which a soft. However I feel the EcoTool dupe is softer, but it's synthetic.

Becca's brush you can use liquid, crème then switch to powder without cleansing. I like to wipe off the bristles with a Kleenex after applying my BB cream then use it to set with powder.

The brush is great for contour application and blends makeup well. I find it really cuts down on my daily makeup application time as I only have to us one brush.

Update, after 3 months of daily use (foundation/powder/bronzer/blush) I did experience a serious shedding event. Now I only use it for blush and contouring purposes only. I think the liquids and how I was buffing to blend loosened my bristles causing the shedding. I love how it blend my blush and contour to perfection. Due to shedding I subtracted 1 lippie, but still love this brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this brush when I purchased the Becca Ultimate Coverage Creme foundation, specifically to use with the foundation. The foundation went on nicely (I've never used this type of brush before, I'm used to the flat type, so I have nothing to compare it to) but I could not believe how many goat hairs I had stuck to face after I was finished. The brush sheds like crazy. I did not pay $49 plus tax for a brush that is going to shed like this - it'll be bare within a year. So I returned it to Sephora along with the foundation (will review that next).

I was going to purchase the MUF kabuki foundation brush, but the they were sold out, and the sales associate recommended the Sephora brush #56 (only $32), which I am looking forward to trying and am happy to see has great reviews on this site.

OMG! okay so I love this brush so much! I have the tarte air brush foundation brush and I have been using the beauty blender a lot but I went ahead and splurged and got this at sephora cause I was curious after watching all the youtube videos about it. At first I used this solely for bronzing powder which was pretty good when I wanted to get my bronzer done quickly and easily... but then I tried using this with my bb cream and foundation and it is WONDERFUL!! Idk what it is, if it's the soft goat hair or what but this GLIDES my foundation on soooo smooth and nice and I am terrible at getting my application right lol. After I use it to apply my foundation, I'll use it to also blend out my concealer or highlighter. I LOVE this!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought two of these, one for home and one for my travel case. I was scared to use this because the brush looks crazy big. I couldn't quite understand how it was supposed to replace 10 brushes. Well, let me tell you, you should IMO designate one side for darker and the other for lighter shades. I did and figured out how to use the brush properly. It takes a few trials to get your own technique down properly. But when you do it's actually a well made and handy brush. When I travel I now take this along with my eye and lip brushes. But four brushes opposed to 10+ is a lovely thing when traveling for work. Just know you WILL need to figure out how to use this brush for your face and your needs. It's not quite as cut and dry as it seems.

Popular Makeup Brushes