December 22, 2014 | 1759 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - Perfect Hair Day

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by snowfitness1

Seriously the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to hair! This stuff and the No Frizz line have given me a whole new head of hair! Smooth, tangle free, bouncy, and smelling great!!! And sooooo shiny!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by AllisonFZB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff. I'm a hardcore Devachan fan but always go through a period when the seasons change when I have to mix up my Deva styling products to account for less humidity/dry air (winter) or tons of humidity (summer). As fall got cooler, my regular cold-weather combination of Deva products - Heaven in Hair as leave-in conditioner, topped with Light Gel - wasn't cutting it. I received a sample of Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 as a Sephora promotion and decided to try it on my curly/wavy, fine, below-the-shoulders hair. It's amazing. I apply a large dollop, probably a half-dollar's size, to dripping wet hair, top with Deva Ultra gel and let air dry. The 5-in-1 provides the moisture and hold that my Deva products lack. It makes my hair feel smooth and it defines each curl perfectly. Best of all, it holds until the next day.

I've tried it on dry hair but it doesn't work as well; wet or damp is the way to go.

One of the best hair products I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Lexie410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can not live without this. The whole Living Proof line is pretty incredible. This is the only product I've ever found to tame my frizzy, thick, wavy, mess of hair. Great volume and controls my frizz in this southern humidity! I will never use anything else. HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I didnt love or hate this product. It did smooth my hair nicely..I would sometimes use it on wet hair and let air dry and other times I would blowdry it and style it with a flat iron or curling wand/iron. If I didnt use it, I noticed my hair was a bit , less smooth and silky but it was nothing I couldn't live without. I did like the fragrance, as I tend to like a niceley scented hair product. I do like Bumble & Bumble's Blow Dry product much, much better. For reference I have wavy, very long hair never chemically treated, but use heat styling frequently so it tends to look dead at the ends if I don't keep up with my deep conditioning treatments. Give this a shot if you are a fan of LP in general, otherwise I would go with B&B!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

I bought this as a change from Bumble and Bumble Straight. I find the B & B product expensive but this LP product is a third more expensive (in the UK anyway). This has left me cold. I have not had any of the benefits the other reviewers have mentioned. It leaves my hair lank and greasy. I have natural blonde hair and it makes my hair look darker. I will use it for a while ( to justify the expense) but I will probably bin it or give it away after a few more goes. It has a nice lemony scent, but that is the only positive I can take from it. Roll on payday so I can buy my usual B & B product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by yaytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Can not live without it. Makes my hair so much fuller, softer and more voluminous.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Another Living Proof product fail for me. This just made my hair sticky and dry. Disappointing because it gets so many raves. Very expensive and heavily scented, like all of their products. Also the packaging (opaque gray squeeze bottle) makes it hard to see how much product you have left.
For reference I have thick, dry, wavy-texture hair that is color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. This wasn't for me. Wouldn't buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I was impressed the first time I tried this. Then the second time my hair seemed to get drier and more frizzy. The third time I determined that this is just not for my hair type. I am not sure if the first attempt was that I put it on over my glossing cream, but whatever happened I ended up not liking this product. I returned it for a full refund. Thanks Ulta. I am trying Joico smoothing balm and the k-pack revitaluxe restorative treatment. Also bought After Party by TIGI. Currently liking that product to reduce frizz on those crazy humid rainy days.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

This is my first product from Living Proof. Even though I have often heard good things about the line in general, and this product in particular, I resisted trying it for a very long time because the way this company markets their products annoyed me. Any company that implies that their hair products are more "technologically advanced" than anything else on the market makes me VERY skeptical. It seems like they use technobabble and their MIT pedigree to justify the price of their products. I don't mind paying high end prices for my haircare if the product is good, I just don't like the pretense. I prefer to buy from lines like Bumble and Bumble, whose products are expensive, but they don't try to justify their prices with a lot of over the top claims. LP's use of celebrity endorsements also annoys me, although to be fair they're really no worse than the other high end salon brands in this regard. Anyway, I was looking to try something different than my usual silicone based smoothing creams, and wanted to try something from a brand I'd never tried. When I read all the positive reviews for this and found out it is silicone free(I'm pretty sure all LP products are silicone and sulfate free, which is nice) I finally broke down and bought it. I was in love from the first use. Because of my bias against the brand, I waited and tested it out in a variety of ways and did a side-by-side comparison test between it and other products before writing this review. It claims to "smooth, strengthen, volumize, polish and condition". I don't know that it does all these things, and it would be naive to expect miracles, but it certainly is a good product. I tested it against my former usual smoothing cream, Bumble and Bumble Grooming Creme, against the leave in Bumble Quenching Complex, both of which have silicones. It definitely smoothes my hair. I see fewer baby hairs sticking up when I use this. It makes my hair incredibly soft, way way softer than Gooming Creme*, Quenching Complex, or for that matter any other product I recall using. In fact I cannot stop touching my hair it is so soft and silky. Not only that, but my hair STAYS smooth until I wash it again, even if I go four days without washing! One time I layered a ton of Oscar Blandi Dry Texture & Volume Spray on my hair. Usually the Blandi
spray is the arch nemesis of soft touchable hair. My hair was still touchable and silky. I can't understand why, but seemingly no matter how much hairspray or other products I apply, my hair still feels nice with this stuff. So I will not dispute the smoothing and polishing claims. Normally it is apparent that I have quite a few split ends, and the ends of my hair are dry. This product apparently glues my ends together, because I can't find any split ends after using it. I'm actually a bit OCD about picking through my stands and trimming off split ends, so I've spent a good deal of time looking for them and haven't found any. I'm guessing this is just a cosmetic effect because you can't truly repair split ends, but it's still great. So I don't know that that counts as "strengthening" my hair, but it's a good enough result for me. It also makes my ends feel much more moisturized. It actually kind of feels like I've just had my hair cut. Ends normally feel like straw. It's really amazing. I never thought I would find a product that would make my hair look and feel so healthy :) So much for the "conditioning" part of the claims. This product doesn't volumize persay, but it is very light, so much lighter than Grooming Creme(or other silicone creams) that it doesn't weigh my hair down. In fact it does give my hair more body and makes my curls springy and bouncy. I never realized how much Grooming Creme was weighing down my hair until I used this. I don't find that I need very much product to do the job, but I could add much more than I needed and not have my hair fall flat or my curls fall out. I find that this adds some shine to my hair, but if I am blow drying, I still need to add a little serum or shine spray afterwards, just like I would with any other smoothing cream. I have ended up loving this product, so perhaps I judged Living Proof too harshly. I will probably try something else from them next. I would say for the most part their claims for this product are justified. One more thing I didn't mention is that this product really seems to make it quicker and easier to blow dry my hair, and it doesn't leave that slick silicone feeling on my hands that makes it hard to hold my hair brush and dryer. I will very likely repurchase; I've gotten hooked on having soft touchable healthy looking hair all the time. I'm always trying new products though, so I never know when something even better will come into my life. Chances are this is a keeper though. Sorry this review ran on a bit long :S

* I chose Grooming Creme to compare to PHD as they are more similar in their intended functions than a leave-in cream would be. I also chose it because Grooming Creme is a product that I like, but is also a fairly typical example of this type of product.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG this product blows my mind and did I say its amazing. This past winter made my hair dry, frizzy prone to breakage. My hair has thinned a lot due to all the shedding. So I went back to old favs hoping for a major hair transformation. Now my current routine which seems to be working is Living Proof No Frizz shampoo + Terax Conditioner and PHD styling treatment and no serum needed. I don't need to use anything else...my hair absorbs this like a sponge, the consistency of this cream is really unique. Doesn't leave a film on the hair or hands. Gives tons of volume, shine and leaves me with soft and moisturized hair. Glad I bought this before repurchasing the Nectar Thermique. Gives tons of volume without having to use extra products. I now wash every once in every 3 days. Very impressed with this product, will def repurchase. Will update after 2 months.
Update 4/20/14
Experimented with rose water today...When my hair was 60% dry, used this product generously on my hair and spritzed with rose water and then blow dried my hair...omg even better results this time.
Update 4/28/14
Still loving this product. Do not need any serums when using the PHD.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No