Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment

Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Maltodextrin/VP Copolymer, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance/Parfum, Oleyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-55, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Steareth-10, PPG-3 Benzyl Ethyl Ethylhexanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Polyalkylaminoester-1 (PBAE), Steareth-2, Behenyl/Stearyl Aminopropanediol Esters, Myrica Pubescens Fruit Wax, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, DimethylPABAmidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Oleth-10, Methylisothiazolinone, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did absolutely zero for my hair. I used it on damp hair before blowdrying and my hair turned out rather fuzzy with no volume at all. The ends looked frayed and in no way smooth and my hair had very little body or shine. I'm a huge fan of the LP No Frizz Weightless Styling Spray, which is an HG product for me. I also love the PHD shampoo and conditioner as well as the Prime Style Extender, both of which allow me to skip several days between washes. But the 5 in 1 Styling Treatment was a complete bust for me. I'm returning it to Ulta. I have no idea what the fuss is about because I attempted a regular blowdry (I'm rather uncoordinated with a round brush, lol!) and my hair fell completely flat after 15 minutes. I also don't like the LP Amp texturizing cream, which didn't do a damn thing for volume. It's strange but I've gotten good results with Amp twice but on subsequent uses, it didn't do much of anything and I felt like it just dirtied up my hair for no reason. I'm somewhat disappointed that the 5 in 1 treatment didn't do anything because it's been much praised on the hair board for some time. I'm not even giving it a second chance because the results were so bad. I did get some of the new Blowout product today at Ulta and I"ll give it a fair hearing tomorrow. It's a brand new product that's made especially for blowdrying so maybe I'll get the volume and smoothness I"m after. I hope so. The directions on the 5 in 1 styling treatment say to blowdry for best results. I don't know what other people are seeing in this product because it absolutely zero for me. I usually air dry my hair, not only to save it from additional heat (I do use a curling iron) but also because I'm just not coordinated enough to give myself a professional looking blowout. So I need some help from whatever product I"m using. I also got some of the LP Root Lifting Spray today so I"m going to use that on the roots and then use Blowout on the rest of my hair and hopefully, I'll be able to manage the dryer and will get good results, otherwise both products are going right back to Ulta. So far the 5 in 1 Styling Treatment is not good for me (as if you couldn't tell) but I have high hopes for these two new products. My goal is a professional looking blowout with the kind of volume my stylist gets. I watched him carefully yesterday and hopefully I'll be able to recreate the look. I will post a review of Blowout and the Root Lifting Spray asap. I definitely don't recommend the 5 in 1 Styling Treatment for medium textured, somewhat wavy hair. I suppose it could work if you're really talented with a blowdryer, but for me it was a complete waste of $$.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have had some hits and misses from this line but I like this. I only need a small amount and it leaves a nice scent in my hair. It gives me decent second day hair. It adds shine and helps give my curls some definition and volume. However it only works when I use it during low dew points for some reason. I scrunched it into damp hair and then plopped. I had very little surface frizz and my hair did not fall flat throughout the day.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I loooove Living Proof products. They are the only hair products that I actually re-purchase. However, this, for me, was a let-down. It just feels like too much product on my fine caucasian hair. It does help preserve your style but that's not surprising, given that it feels like a light-hold hair gel. If you don't like the feeling of product in your hair, I recommend against this.

I saw this advertised on Facebook and bought a 1 ounce bottle. It's pretty expensive. I paid $15 00 for this.
I have very thick, coarse, wavy, frizzy, oily red hair that has a lot of grey in it. It's highlighted and low lighted in the salon. I flat iron it. It's about bra strap length, and no layers.
My hair sucks up humidity like nobodys business. If it's humid, it won't stay straight, it won't wave, it won't curl. It's a coarse, frizzy mess.
I've hated my hair since I was in 3rd grade. I'm 49 yrs old now.
Anywho...I researched the product, and figured I'd end up with gorgeous hair like Jennifer Aniston, who I think endorses the product.
I like the fragrance a lot. I was a bit concerned when I applied it that it would make my oily hair more oily. It's creamy and thick in your palm.
I only used a dime sized amount on my damp hair and I've been super pleased with it.
It's no miracle by any means. My hair will still frizz and kink up a bit in the Texas humidity. BUT NOT AS BAD as before. That's the important thing here.
The product doesn't make my neck greasy when I wear my thick hair down. Sone hair products give me pimples on my neck. Gross.
Hair is easier to flat iron. Usually one pass of the iron will do it, whereas before I had to make multiple passes. Which could explain why my ends are extremely dry with breakage and split ends I'm always having to have trimmed off.
I think this product has made my hair feel even thicker.
Sometimes I'll wear my hair in a pony. Usually the scrunchie will leave a mark in my hair. Which I hate. I've noticed this isn't happening since I've used this product.
I only purchased the 5 in 1 styling treatment. I've noticed Target is selling the shampoo and conditioner. And it's still pretty pricy even there. I can't decide if I want to spend close to $50.00 for shampoo and conditioner. That's a lot of money to me.
I've used salon products in the past that were specifically for color treated hair and I was very disappointed as several brands I spent $20.00 or more on per bottle left me with a buildup on my hair and scalp that was very gross and hard to remove. I ended up having to use vinegar, tried baking soda, all of which caused my color to fade within weeks.
Too, I've noticed my hair stays cleaner a lot longer with this product. I try not to wash my hair a lot to keep my color longer. In the summer I'd have to wash it every other day.
I've noticed I can get away with every 3 days now. And even then, my hair still smells fresh and feels clean. It's just my scalp that needs washing. Oily hair is a curse to me. ;)
I'm hoping in the winter I can go a bit longer without washing so often with this product. Heating and cold air dry the ends of my hair out something awful. I'm also hopeful this will help with static electricity, and flyawsys I have in the winter.
I've been using this 5 in 1 styling treatment for a month now regularly and I love it. Can't wait to see how it does when winter is here.
My only complaint is the price, but I guess you get what you pay for.
* adding that I saw that Jennifer Aniston was part owner of this line.

This is pricey, and not a magic-maker, but it's exactly what my hair needs. I recommend it if you have hair like mine...which is: fine, wavy, of medium thickness, with some balayage at the ends but mostly healthy, almost bra-strap length. It's good, low-maintenance hair if I'm decent to it. But you know what isn't low-mainteneance? My skin. Almost every product that has done amazing things for my hair has broken out my back, chest, temples, you name it. This doesn't, and for that I am grateful.

I use a small amount of this on wet hair (I wash it daily, I'd be a greaseball otherwise, so I can't comment on second day hair), work it through evenly, blowdry til it's mostly dry (fluffing/scrunching with my hands) and it defines my waves and eliminates the worst of the frizzies. It's not a fool-proof frizz eraser but I like my hippie hair to look undone and not perfect, so I don't mind. It won't give much volume (that I do mind, also I imagine it would grease up roots), so I use something else at the roots first. It leaves my hair silky, smelling fancy, and super sexy/touchable. No crustiness or waxy feel. And it's just all very easy. I use so little (it spreads through your hair very thoroughly and easily) that the expensive bottle lasts me a good while.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought the 2 oz travel size for $15 from Ulta based on a blogger's review that raved about it. Blogger has mature, chemically treated, fine, damaged hair like mine. I was a little put off by the texture, like Elmer's Glue, thick and tacky. Although I liked the way my hair looked after blow drying (did take care of dry frizz), the next day my hair looked like someone dumped a can of oil on it: greasy, gummy, flat. Maybe I used too much product for my fine, thinning, fragile, cob-webby (since starting thyroid meds) locks, but even cutting down, I still had a mess the next day. Only got 1/3 of the way through the product before the cap malfunctioned and started squeezing product out of the bottom of cap instead of the hole. Sigh. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This does absolutely nothing for me....so much so that I was reluctant to try anything else from the Living Proof line, which struck me (based on this product) as over-priced and over-rated. I got a decent sized tube with my VIB points, I think, or at some VIB event. I use a lot of leave in conditioners/treatments and this was a dud. I'll probably finish the tube just because I have it and it does claim to protect from UV damage, but so do several other leave in products I have. For something really useful, I'll stick with Alterna Caviar CC Cream or AG's wonderful BB cream.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this Perfect Hair Day leave-in after each shampoo and add the Night Cap overnight treatment once a week in the evening. It is a lightweight, non-sticky formula which sinks in readily, no sticky feeling, no silicones, and it doesn't weigh my hair down. I then blow dry my hair and end up with soft, manageable hair without frizz. My hair is blond, medium thickness, a few inches over shoulder length and highlighted with a fair amount of unruly white hair which blend in nicely color wise, but are often frizzy. Not with this product, I have the best hair days with this line. Pricey, yes, but I think it's worth it because it works well for me. I'm not a huge fan of the scent which I would prefer to be more subtle but it doesn't bother me. Packaging is good, too. I will repurchase.

I've had mixed results with LP products. I bought this, fortunately in the tester size, for my fine, balayaged hair. On the first use, it gave my hair volume but also made it fuzzy and dull-looking. Tried it a few weeks later, same results. Yesterday, decided to give it one more chance and this time, I mixed in a little Kerastase oil to try and cut down the fuzziness. Nothing changed. There's obviously something in the LP product that just doesn't want to play nice with my hair.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My hair type: fine, straight hair
What I'm looking for in hair products is silky hair that'll give me nice volume since I have such fine hair.
Pros: 1) makes your hair smell amazing. I wouldn't say the smell lasts more than a day though. 2) after using it per the instructions (massaging all the way from roots to ends then blow drying), my hair was very calm and straight like I used a straightener. Hair was soft and silky.

Cons: 1) Doesn't give me volume (unfortunately this is what I'm looking for the most in a hair product 2) My hair feels itchy and oily with the feeling of product build up in my two day hair. Normally without this product my shampoo didn't make my hair feel this way so I know it's this product. 3) Again smell doesn't last.

Most likely will not purchase this product. Good thing I tried the sample I got.

Popular Styling Products