Living Proof Perfect Hair Day

4.3

on 2/11/2015 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I read positive reviews of this on some sites for 50-plus beauty so I thought I'd try it. (And of course Jennifer Aniston, part owner of this line, is my hair idol so why not?) I have chin length, fine (but not thin) color treated hair with a slight wave. I don't have gray yet so my texture is still pretty smooth. I don't really have any major hair issues, but I read that this helps with volume and static control. Static is my biggest hair issue since I live in a dry area.

This product did add nice volume to my hair, and it also controlled the static somewhat. For the first 3 days that I used it, after I blew my hair straight, my hair stayed PERFECT through sleeping on it, sweating through workouts, etc. This was miraculous to me, since I have the kind of hair that bends out of shape if you put one bobby pin or hair scrunchy in.

But then suddenly the product stopped working for me. It still gave volume, but didn't hold the style. I also felt it made my hair get dirty faster. (I used less than a dime-size amount, and never on the roots). Then we got some really dry weather, and although it did help with static a bit, it didn't do enough.

I think this product is "OK" (for me at least) and for $26 a bottle I expect more results, so I returned it. I also did not care for the smell--it smells like the inside of a pumpkin when you'r'e scooping out the seeds (although it dissipates when on your hair).

I do think this works great for some people, just not for me, so I'd suggest trying it from a place with a generous return policy.

I also LOVED the chic, rubberized packaging. Travels well, no-slip and easy to dispense and seal.

on 1/15/2015 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

To start, I am nearly 56 years old, straight, fine hair, salt and pepper, undyed. The gray hair tends to be coarser than the dark portion, and it tends to get frizzy, especially in dampness. Don't like silicones very much as they tend to build up and can also make my hair (straight, almost shoulder length) look a bit greasy unless I am very careful.

Got one of those aluminum squeeze package samples awhile back and put it in my travel bag awhile go and forgot about it. Over Christmas I went to San Francisco, and the dampness, cold, and windiness did a number on my hair. It looked pretty good when I blew it dry without the product, but the minute I went outside it frizzed up and tangled in the wind. So I got the stuff out and tried it. For my hair I use a dollop about the size of a garbanzo bean. One blow dry was all it took. I am in love.

My hair looks very shiny and is so manageable, no tangles at all. I love how when I blow it out with a round brush I can get it to do what I like, which is to be nice a straight, no kinks. After careful blow-drying with the product my hair almost looks like I flat ironed it...so beautifully straight. It feels silky, looks shiny and gives me a nice amount of volume where I want it. I got back from vacation and immediately bought a bottle at Ulta. It's not cheap, but I imagine it will last me a good long while since I don't use too much. And I don't know how it would work for those of you who air dry your hair since I blow mine out daily to get a bit of volume. I seriously have not had a bad hair day since I started using it! I've started getting compliments on my hair again. I know hair products, like makeup, are so individual, but I can't remember the last time I was this happy with a haircare product. I might even try the shampoo next...

on 12/28/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this a long time ago and it was sitting in my drawer. I used it tonight and WOW what volume! I am impressed and will keep using. If it continues to perform I will buy again.

on 12/15/2014 9:07:00 PM

Seriously the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to hair! This stuff and the No Frizz line have given me a whole new head of hair! Smooth, tangle free, bouncy, and smelling great!!! And sooooo shiny!!

on 12/13/2014 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

LOVE this stuff. I'm a hardcore Devachan fan but always go through a period when the seasons change when I have to mix up my Deva styling products to account for less humidity/dry air (winter) or tons of humidity (summer). As fall got cooler, my regular cold-weather combination of Deva products - Heaven in Hair as leave-in conditioner, topped with Light Gel - wasn't cutting it. I received a sample of Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 as a Sephora promotion and decided to try it on my curly/wavy, fine, below-the-shoulders hair. It's amazing. I apply a large dollop, probably a half-dollar's size, to dripping wet hair, top with Deva Ultra gel and let air dry. The 5-in-1 provides the moisture and hold that my Deva products lack. It makes my hair feel smooth and it defines each curl perfectly. Best of all, it holds until the next day.

I've tried it on dry hair but it doesn't work as well; wet or damp is the way to go.

One of the best hair products I've ever used!

on 7/31/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Can not live without this. The whole Living Proof line is pretty incredible. This is the only product I've ever found to tame my frizzy, thick, wavy, mess of hair. Great volume and controls my frizz in this southern humidity! I will never use anything else. HG!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I didnt love or hate this product. It did smooth my hair nicely..I would sometimes use it on wet hair and let air dry and other times I would blowdry it and style it with a flat iron or curling wand/iron. If I didnt use it, I noticed my hair was a bit , less smooth and silky but it was nothing I couldn't live without. I did like the fragrance, as I tend to like a niceley scented hair product. I do like Bumble & Bumble's Blow Dry product much, much better. For reference I have wavy, very long hair never chemically treated, but use heat styling frequently so it tends to look dead at the ends if I don't keep up with my deep conditioning treatments. Give this a shot if you are a fan of LP in general, otherwise I would go with B&B!

on 7/5/2014 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as a change from Bumble and Bumble Straight. I find the B & B product expensive but this LP product is a third more expensive (in the UK anyway). This has left me cold. I have not had any of the benefits the other reviewers have mentioned. It leaves my hair lank and greasy. I have natural blonde hair and it makes my hair look darker. I will use it for a while ( to justify the expense) but I will probably bin it or give it away after a few more goes. It has a nice lemony scent, but that is the only positive I can take from it. Roll on payday so I can buy my usual B & B product.

on 7/4/2014 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! Can not live without it. Makes my hair so much fuller, softer and more voluminous.

on 5/24/2014 2:15:00 PM

Another Living Proof product fail for me. This just made my hair sticky and dry. Disappointing because it gets so many raves. Very expensive and heavily scented, like all of their products. Also the packaging (opaque gray squeeze bottle) makes it hard to see how much product you have left.
For reference I have thick, dry, wavy-texture hair that is color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. This wasn't for me. Wouldn't buy it again.

Popular Styling Products