January 27, 2015 | 2009 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - Perfect Hair Day

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2015 4:05:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

To start, I am nearly 56 years old, straight, fine hair, salt and pepper, undyed. The gray hair tends to be coarser than the dark portion, and it tends to get frizzy, especially in dampness. Don't like silicones very much as they tend to build up and can also make my hair (straight, almost shoulder length) look a bit greasy unless I am very careful.

Got one of those aluminum squeeze package samples awhile back and put it in my travel bag awhile go and forgot about it. Over Christmas I went to San Francisco, and the dampness, cold, and windiness did a number on my hair. It looked pretty good when I blew it dry without the product, but the minute I went outside it frizzed up and tangled in the wind. So I got the stuff out and tried it. For my hair I use a dollop about the size of a garbanzo bean. One blow dry was all it took. I am in love.

My hair looks very shiny and is so manageable, no tangles at all. I love how when I blow it out with a round brush I can get it to do what I like, which is to be nice a straight, no kinks. After careful blow-drying with the product my hair almost looks like I flat ironed it...so beautifully straight. It feels silky, looks shiny and gives me a nice amount of volume where I want it. I got back from vacation and immediately bought a bottle at Ulta. It's not cheap, but I imagine it will last me a good long while since I don't use too much. And I don't know how it would work for those of you who air dry your hair since I blow mine out daily to get a bit of volume. I seriously have not had a bad hair day since I started using it! I've started getting compliments on my hair again. I know hair products, like makeup, are so individual, but I can't remember the last time I was this happy with a haircare product. I might even try the shampoo next...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this a long time ago and it was sitting in my drawer. I used it tonight and WOW what volume! I am impressed and will keep using. If it continues to perform I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by snowfitness1

Seriously the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to hair! This stuff and the No Frizz line have given me a whole new head of hair! Smooth, tangle free, bouncy, and smelling great!!! And sooooo shiny!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by AllisonFZB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff. I'm a hardcore Devachan fan but always go through a period when the seasons change when I have to mix up my Deva styling products to account for less humidity/dry air (winter) or tons of humidity (summer). As fall got cooler, my regular cold-weather combination of Deva products - Heaven in Hair as leave-in conditioner, topped with Light Gel - wasn't cutting it. I received a sample of Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 as a Sephora promotion and decided to try it on my curly/wavy, fine, below-the-shoulders hair. It's amazing. I apply a large dollop, probably a half-dollar's size, to dripping wet hair, top with Deva Ultra gel and let air dry. The 5-in-1 provides the moisture and hold that my Deva products lack. It makes my hair feel smooth and it defines each curl perfectly. Best of all, it holds until the next day.

I've tried it on dry hair but it doesn't work as well; wet or damp is the way to go.

One of the best hair products I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Lexie410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can not live without this. The whole Living Proof line is pretty incredible. This is the only product I've ever found to tame my frizzy, thick, wavy, mess of hair. Great volume and controls my frizz in this southern humidity! I will never use anything else. HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I didnt love or hate this product. It did smooth my hair nicely..I would sometimes use it on wet hair and let air dry and other times I would blowdry it and style it with a flat iron or curling wand/iron. If I didnt use it, I noticed my hair was a bit , less smooth and silky but it was nothing I couldn't live without. I did like the fragrance, as I tend to like a niceley scented hair product. I do like Bumble & Bumble's Blow Dry product much, much better. For reference I have wavy, very long hair never chemically treated, but use heat styling frequently so it tends to look dead at the ends if I don't keep up with my deep conditioning treatments. Give this a shot if you are a fan of LP in general, otherwise I would go with B&B!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

I bought this as a change from Bumble and Bumble Straight. I find the B & B product expensive but this LP product is a third more expensive (in the UK anyway). This has left me cold. I have not had any of the benefits the other reviewers have mentioned. It leaves my hair lank and greasy. I have natural blonde hair and it makes my hair look darker. I will use it for a while ( to justify the expense) but I will probably bin it or give it away after a few more goes. It has a nice lemony scent, but that is the only positive I can take from it. Roll on payday so I can buy my usual B & B product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by yaytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Can not live without it. Makes my hair so much fuller, softer and more voluminous.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Another Living Proof product fail for me. This just made my hair sticky and dry. Disappointing because it gets so many raves. Very expensive and heavily scented, like all of their products. Also the packaging (opaque gray squeeze bottle) makes it hard to see how much product you have left.
For reference I have thick, dry, wavy-texture hair that is color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. This wasn't for me. Wouldn't buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I was impressed the first time I tried this. Then the second time my hair seemed to get drier and more frizzy. The third time I determined that this is just not for my hair type. I am not sure if the first attempt was that I put it on over my glossing cream, but whatever happened I ended up not liking this product. I returned it for a full refund. Thanks Ulta. I am trying Joico smoothing balm and the k-pack revitaluxe restorative treatment. Also bought After Party by TIGI. Currently liking that product to reduce frizz on those crazy humid rainy days.