Living Proof Perfect Hair Day

4.1

on 5/4/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this Perfect Hair Day leave-in after each shampoo and add the Night Cap overnight treatment once a week in the evening. It is a lightweight, non-sticky formula which sinks in readily, no sticky feeling, no silicones, and it doesn't weigh my hair down. I then blow dry my hair and end up with soft, manageable hair without frizz. My hair is blond, medium thickness, a few inches over shoulder length and highlighted with a fair amount of unruly white hair which blend in nicely color wise, but are often frizzy. Not with this product, I have the best hair days with this line. Pricey, yes, but I think it's worth it because it works well for me. I'm not a huge fan of the scent which I would prefer to be more subtle but it doesn't bother me. Packaging is good, too. I will repurchase.

on 4/18/2015 8:39:00 AM

I've had mixed results with LP products. I bought this, fortunately in the tester size, for my fine, balayaged hair. On the first use, it gave my hair volume but also made it fuzzy and dull-looking. Tried it a few weeks later, same results. Yesterday, decided to give it one more chance and this time, I mixed in a little Kerastase oil to try and cut down the fuzziness. Nothing changed. There's obviously something in the LP product that just doesn't want to play nice with my hair.

on 4/1/2015 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My hair type: fine, straight hair
What I'm looking for in hair products is silky hair that'll give me nice volume since I have such fine hair.
Pros: 1) makes your hair smell amazing. I wouldn't say the smell lasts more than a day though. 2) after using it per the instructions (massaging all the way from roots to ends then blow drying), my hair was very calm and straight like I used a straightener. Hair was soft and silky.

Cons: 1) Doesn't give me volume (unfortunately this is what I'm looking for the most in a hair product 2) My hair feels itchy and oily with the feeling of product build up in my two day hair. Normally without this product my shampoo didn't make my hair feel this way so I know it's this product. 3) Again smell doesn't last.

Most likely will not purchase this product. Good thing I tried the sample I got.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect Hair Day is a really good name for this product. It has done amazing things for my hair. I have volume, and my hair is soft, and the frizz is gone. I have medium to long length hair (a few inches past my shoulders) and it is color treated (which I do myself at home) to cover those pesky grays. As anyone who colors over gray hair knows, you can have a lot of craziness in your hair with the gray ones being wiry and the other ones lying down smooth the way they are supposed to. You can end up looking like a hot mess. This has made my hair look amazing. I don't even bother with the hair dryer anymore. My hair looks that good even without doing anything to it other than running a wide toothed comb through it after applying this product. It is a bit pricey, but so worth the money. I love the way my hair looks and feels and I don't have to spend tons of time on it every day. It doesn't get any better than that for me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Bought this since I heard it was good for frizz. Didn't help me of at all with frizz. Did my hair as I normally do after using this product & my hair was the same that day as it is with many other products that I've tried. Still on the search for a frizz product that works for my thin fine med. length hair. Also, I didn't notice any extra volume or soft feeling, etc with this. Glad that I bought the travel size.

on 2/11/2015 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I read positive reviews of this on some sites for 50-plus beauty so I thought I'd try it. (And of course Jennifer Aniston, part owner of this line, is my hair idol so why not?) I have chin length, fine (but not thin) color treated hair with a slight wave. I don't have gray yet so my texture is still pretty smooth. I don't really have any major hair issues, but I read that this helps with volume and static control. Static is my biggest hair issue since I live in a dry area.

This product did add nice volume to my hair, and it also controlled the static somewhat. For the first 3 days that I used it, after I blew my hair straight, my hair stayed PERFECT through sleeping on it, sweating through workouts, etc. This was miraculous to me, since I have the kind of hair that bends out of shape if you put one bobby pin or hair scrunchy in.

But then suddenly the product stopped working for me. It still gave volume, but didn't hold the style. I also felt it made my hair get dirty faster. (I used less than a dime-size amount, and never on the roots). Then we got some really dry weather, and although it did help with static a bit, it didn't do enough.

I think this product is "OK" (for me at least) and for $26 a bottle I expect more results, so I returned it. I also did not care for the smell--it smells like the inside of a pumpkin when you'r'e scooping out the seeds (although it dissipates when on your hair).

I do think this works great for some people, just not for me, so I'd suggest trying it from a place with a generous return policy.

I also LOVED the chic, rubberized packaging. Travels well, no-slip and easy to dispense and seal.

on 1/15/2015 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

To start, I am nearly 56 years old, straight, fine hair, salt and pepper, undyed. The gray hair tends to be coarser than the dark portion, and it tends to get frizzy, especially in dampness. Don't like silicones very much as they tend to build up and can also make my hair (straight, almost shoulder length) look a bit greasy unless I am very careful.

Got one of those aluminum squeeze package samples awhile back and put it in my travel bag awhile go and forgot about it. Over Christmas I went to San Francisco, and the dampness, cold, and windiness did a number on my hair. It looked pretty good when I blew it dry without the product, but the minute I went outside it frizzed up and tangled in the wind. So I got the stuff out and tried it. For my hair I use a dollop about the size of a garbanzo bean. One blow dry was all it took. I am in love.

My hair looks very shiny and is so manageable, no tangles at all. I love how when I blow it out with a round brush I can get it to do what I like, which is to be nice a straight, no kinks. After careful blow-drying with the product my hair almost looks like I flat ironed it...so beautifully straight. It feels silky, looks shiny and gives me a nice amount of volume where I want it. I got back from vacation and immediately bought a bottle at Ulta. It's not cheap, but I imagine it will last me a good long while since I don't use too much. And I don't know how it would work for those of you who air dry your hair since I blow mine out daily to get a bit of volume. I seriously have not had a bad hair day since I started using it! I've started getting compliments on my hair again. I know hair products, like makeup, are so individual, but I can't remember the last time I was this happy with a haircare product. I might even try the shampoo next...

on 12/28/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this a long time ago and it was sitting in my drawer. I used it tonight and WOW what volume! I am impressed and will keep using. If it continues to perform I will buy again.

on 12/15/2014 9:07:00 PM

Seriously the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to hair! This stuff and the No Frizz line have given me a whole new head of hair! Smooth, tangle free, bouncy, and smelling great!!! And sooooo shiny!!

on 12/13/2014 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

LOVE this stuff. I'm a hardcore Devachan fan but always go through a period when the seasons change when I have to mix up my Deva styling products to account for less humidity/dry air (winter) or tons of humidity (summer). As fall got cooler, my regular cold-weather combination of Deva products - Heaven in Hair as leave-in conditioner, topped with Light Gel - wasn't cutting it. I received a sample of Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 as a Sephora promotion and decided to try it on my curly/wavy, fine, below-the-shoulders hair. It's amazing. I apply a large dollop, probably a half-dollar's size, to dripping wet hair, top with Deva Ultra gel and let air dry. The 5-in-1 provides the moisture and hold that my Deva products lack. It makes my hair feel smooth and it defines each curl perfectly. Best of all, it holds until the next day.

I've tried it on dry hair but it doesn't work as well; wet or damp is the way to go.

One of the best hair products I've ever used!