August 30, 2014 | 1126 users online

Styling Products - ISO - Bouncy Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This creme works well on my wavy to curly hair that I air dry. It's a nice light formulation that doesn't weigh down hair. I've tried mousse, gel, leave-ins, etc. So far no perfect product. I had to return this one, though, because of an allergic reaction (red dots on my face and neck), which may be from the isopropyl myristate (see cosdna.com for an ingredient list and possible irritants). The product made my hair curlier, which I don't like, but the texture was nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by kimcam93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing :D I have wavy-to-straight hair and what I usually do is, I blow-dry it quickly with my fingers then scrunch my hair with this on the ends when it's almost completely dry - result = straight hair with bouncy waves on the ends :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Pandora7

Edit: I have half the bottle left. I definitely do not like this. Even after a haircut with major thinning/layers, my hair does not do anything other
than feel heavy with product (one pump even!) if I can't
pawn this off to a friend, I'm turfing it. The smell finally got
to me too. While it does fade, it does initially smell like perm solution to me! Weird but true. My bf doesn't notice at least!!
Not fussed by the smell, it fades after styling so I don't find it interfering with my perfumes.

Got this on recommendation of a stylist. Maybe it's my heavy thick hair, or the fact that parts of it curl into ringlets while others just go flat wavy, but I didn't find this got my "flat" bits (the top layer, sadly enough) to get curly enough no matter air drying, twisting, scrunching or diffusing.

For someone with uniform curls and waves, this may be for you. For me, I didn't find it more or less useful than Tresemme, Lacoupe, or Rusk. I guess I'll use this container up and go back to Catwalk Curlesque until I find my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a must for me when I give my 2a/2b hair a break from the flat iron. It helps form my fine waves into defined curls. However, I never use Bouncy Creme on its own. I rake one or two pumps into my wet hair, then re-comb it through so it's distributed evenly. Then I rake and scrunch my hard-hold gel(s) for that particular day. Air dry for a bit, scrunch with a cotton t-shirt to get any crunchiness out, and I'm done. I tried eliminating Bouncy Creme from my curly routine, and I ended up with lifeless, stringy hair. And I know some people complain about the smell, but I kind of like it...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried this time and time again, and every time I'm underwhelmed by the lackluster results. I keep thinking maybe this time it will be different, maybe it's reformulated or my hair has changed. Not so, unfortunately. The only effect I've noticed is that my hair cuticle is a bit rougher after using this. It doesn't help with frizz or encourage more curls. It just takes up space in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought L'Oreal Spiral Splendor was my HG for when I airdry my hair, but recently I bought a bottle of this Bouncy Creme and I must say I like it more!
My hair is naturally wavy/curly (spiral curls) when I let it airdry, but it has lots of frizz and most of the spirals don't stay nicely defined. It's actually a mess so I usually flat iron it straight when I go out. Lately I have decided to cut down on heat usage, so I use this product on towel dried hair, and it acts as a leave-in conditioner + styling cream. My waves dry more defined, the frizz is cut down, and there is no trace of crunchiness or stiffness. My hair feels soft and although I know there is some light hold, I cannot feel it at all when I run my hand through my hair.
After my hair is dry, I just run some Tigi Afterparty through it for even more shine and smoothing, and I'm good to go. I look like I have a nice spiral perm, and it stays that way until I wash my hair the next day, without any hairspray or gel.
I think the difference between this and the L'Oreal product is that L'oreal's didn't make my hair feel as soft as ISO, and my hair seems to have more movement with the ISO.
Add to this the fact that it's affordable in price, I will most definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by yangtanw

I started using this creme 3 years ago when I had my first digital perm at Hong Kong in a random salon. The hairstylist recommended this product to me so I bought a 500ml bottle with me to take back home. I absolutely love this product! It enhances my curls without the shine, giving my hair soft and bouncy curls without frizz. When I finished my first bottle, I was so desperate to get another one but we don't have it in my home country. I have to settle with other cremes which weighs down my curls making them look heavy. Now we've moved to Toronto, I'm so happy to see this product being sold in Korean town. I've had 3 digiperms and this creme is my HG to keep my curls looking great.

I think this creme is mainly used to enhance curls from a perm rather than taming naturally wavy hair.

here's how i style my hair as suggest by my stylist:
- style hair while damp
- heat up the product by massaging some creme on the palms
- work it through the curls starting from the tip by squeezing the curls into shape (if you get what i mean).
- leave the hair to dry naturally without blow drying
- air dry your hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on my daughters super fine, curly hair. Of all of the curl creams I have used this one takes the cake! LOVE the smell!! It is so light and doesn't weigh her hair down at all and leaves her adorable curls soft and frizz free. I also use it to define my light waves sometimes, and it really defines them also! Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by divakimmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My natural curls tend to be frizzy and don't hold well. This is the only product that has allowed my curls to look awesome and not a hot mess. I wash my hair, comb it out with a wide tooth comb, flip my head over and run Bouncy Creme through it generously while scrunching my hair. I then dry it with the diffuser on and then I'm good to go! It also helps maintain shine as opposed to making my curls look dull. I love it. It runs around $13-$14.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lmasak

My hair is naturally curly and super frizzy. This is one of the only products that i have found to be good for my hair. While it doesn't give me quite as much bounce as i would like, it gets rid of the frizz. I have tried other products that will give me the bounce and curl definition that i want, but i will always go back to this for one simple fact, it makes my hair feel great. It doesn't leave my hair greasy or crunchy like other curly hair products. My hair feels and looks healthy even if I'm not getting as much bounce. The smell is a little strong as some of the reviews have pointed out, but i don't mind it at all. I suggest that you check out the smell before buying, just because it is so strong and some people may not like it.