November 23, 2014 | 1984 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Chanel - Hydra Beauty Gel Yeux

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Livgranger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to love chanel products, the original age delay eye cream actually worked on my skin and helped clear my dark circles.But then they changed their products and ever since I have had allergic reactions to them.

I left it for a few years and went back and bought the Hydra Beauty eye gel, It's over 40 in the Uk, so not cheap. Unfortunately it made my eyes really puffy, to the point my work mates were asking what had happened to me, I looked tired and couldn't even open my eyes properly! I washed the cream off pretty quickly, I have tried it out again lately just to check it wasn't a one off, but then again, I got puffy eyes and it made my eyes look beady.

Wish chanel had never changed their formula, I would have bought the orginal age delay forever!

Not happy with the puffy eye's and won't be buying any Chanel ever again, god know's what they are putting in that eye cream, they reformulate too often and don't make the formulas better but worse!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Coconoir2012

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I treat this product like an eye serum. It's a great addition to their new Le Lift eye cream. I especially I especially like the fact that I can pat a little bit around my eyes as a "pick me up" throughout the day

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sunhoney

finally a treatment for puffiness and dark circles that isn't oil based... and something in it must be the tad of alcohol or a flower extract__ it kills the milia sp? revisions Teamine is so famous for leaving on us all...love it. thanks for another great product Chanel.
Now Chanel if you could just move into this millennium with your perfumes...haha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Great for moisture, does little for wrinkles and puffiness. Has a light scent which is a nice touch just like all other chanel skincare.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My eyes show the first cruel, delicate signs of age. Shifting contours, lids just starting to droop, hints of fine wrinkles. I've always had dark shadows under my eyes, too. When the Chanel counter lass gave me a sample of this with a recent purchase, I wasn't surprised - I'd had a taxing week. Little did I know a more taxing week was to come, combining hard work and late nights on a software release with the death of a close friend.

So imagine my surprise when, over the course of this hard week, this eye cream actually made a positive difference to my eyes. Fine wrinkles dialed back, shadows lighter, lid contours...better, somehow. My eyes look two or three years younger.

With what this costs, I'm not surprised that it delivers results - but the price is well in the range of the other not-cheap eye creams and serums I've been trying. Back to the Chanel counter I go!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

I agree with the previous review. I love the feeling of this on my eye contour area, I love the packaging, I love the color and the delicate smell.

That's it, though. This is a very basic eye treatment, which I only believe moisturizes. My skin isn't super dry, so it's not a very rich moisturizer for that matter. I like it for my eyes because I'm not looking for anything miraculous, but it is kind of expensive for such a simple moisturizer.

I don't know if I'd repurchase. There must be something better out there. (I would purchase this over the Dior Hydra eye treatment, though. Mainly because of the packaging with the pump. The actual products are both equally basic.)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by meeschka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this eye gel from chanel is part of the hydra beauty line, and it promises to "combat signs of fatigue, dark circles and puffiness. The eye contour is revitalized and smoothed for a refreshed, radiant and more youthful appearance".

okay, well it has done none of that for me so far. i dont suffer from puffiness, but i always have dark circles under my eyes and using this gel hasnt changed that in the least.

however it is a nice, light gel with a delicate fragrance. i love using it because it feels great on my eyes. my eyelids get dry really easily, so i really like this as a moisturizer.

i give it 3 stars because it hasnt done any of the things it claims it will do. but its a nice eye moisturizer. i will buy it again when i run out. at least until i find something better.

im curious to know what others think of it.