October 22, 2014 | 1801 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Parfumerie Wintermint Scented Nail Enamel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pretty enough polish, but it doesn't dry. Seche Vite won't even harden this polish. I've never had a polish like this that just wouldn't dry and harden even hours after Seche Vite was applied.

The other thing I didn't like about this product was the gimmicky "scent". First, it doesn't seem like a wise thing to do to provide incentives for people to sniff nail polish. Gasoline and many other hazardous chemicals are odorless but are manually given an offensive odor on purpose so to alarm others that these are potentially hazardous products. I'm sure it would be just as easy to make these hazardous products smell like breath mints and roses, but why run the risk of encouraging people to huff gas. Same here, why encourage people to huff nail polish.
Second, this mint smell is very strong, you don't have to have your fingers right under your nose to feel like you've been huffing a tin of Altoids for hours.

I ended up removing this polish the same day. It never dried and I got sick of the scent. Too bad, because it was pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

One of my favorite green polishes. This really does smell and look like winter mint. It's a pale green with blue micro glitter. It's hard to describe but it reminds me of blue mints? Gorgeous color and I have had so many compliments on the color. The woman in Ulta asked what polish it was and was surprised when I said Revlon. She grabbed a bottle herself.

Formula is amazing, easy to apply, no streaks, and opaque in one coat. Smells like mints for about 2 days. I didn't get it for the scent but its nice. Use the Colorstay base and top coat and you will look like you have minty gel nails!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these scented polishes. This one I really like plus it has a nice sublte minty scent that you can smell even after a topcoat is applied. My only complaint is its grainy texture. Be prepared to apply several coats of topcoat to get a shiny appearance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 4:18:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It seems like there are hardly any original colors to be found anymore, as the polish companies all dupe each other. This one is unique though: a frosty pale green with turquoise glitter. It's a little grainier than I expected but I like the look. It's a two-coater but dried fast. It really does smell like mint, but it's subtle. Personally I don't get this scented polish fad. If anything, it'd be nice to use a polish that smelled good BEFORE it dried, because I don't go around sniffing my fingers throughout the day. Isn't that just creepy? If you saw someone smelling their fingers, you'd probably not be thinking, "Oh, that chick probably used one of those cool new scented-polishes!" but "Ew, what did she scratch?" Am I right? Well, that's what I would think. I got this at Target for $1.99 after stacking coupons. I do not like the square bottle; it's hard to hold, and the round knob is also awkward for me. I don't have man-hands but still... Oh, and this is a .4 oz bottle not .5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I like the new parfumerie polishes from Revlon. The bottles are cute and the shades are nice although somewhat limited. The colors and finishes are pretty mainstream. I was able to find these at a store where I had a coupon for several dollars off any purchase so I got them at a reasonable price. They normally retail at $5.99 which is a bit steep considering the quality of many other drug store brands that can be purchased at a fraction of that. I love the shade of Wintermint which is very similar to many popular creme shades like China Glaze For Audrey but it has some microglitter in it. I used it as an accent polish with a mint manicure and it matched perfectly. The finish on this is almost matte with the shimmer of the glitter showing through. It has a slightly gritty texture if you don't put on TC. The scent of this is minty and fresh but not overwhelming. This polish wore like iron on me, too. The brushes in this line are extremely small--they are short, narrow and rather stiff. I have large nail beds and found it to be a bit problematic, either having too much lacquer on the brush and having to use too many brush stroke to spread it evenly or having to go back and pick up more polish to cover the nail and ending up with some brush strokes. These will work great for funky French manicures, freehand stripes or other types of nail art. If you are manicuring on small, very short nails these are the perfect size brushes. Overall, I like this polish specifically for the shade and the finish. It's a perfect compliment to many of those mint shades like Zoya Wednesday, SC Mint Apple, ChG For Audrey... and it smells yummy.