October 30, 2014 | 1736 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Flamed Out Shadow Pot

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was at Walmart looking through the makeup section just to pass the time. I had gotten a Covergirl coupon in a magazine, which I almost threw away, because I've never bought CG before.
I was specifically searching for a red eyeshadow, which is very rare in drugstore makeup. I own Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk, which isn't really a red but it's close enough, and I thought that was the only red eyeshadow I'd be able to buy in the drugstore category. However, I was surprised to find that Covergirl had not only one, but two bright red eyeshadow products--the Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Red Hot, and the Flamed Out Shadow Pencil also in Red Hot. I bought both.
I looked at the reviews on here and was preparing for the worst, but I applied the eyeshadow anyway, without primer. It's rather powdery, so be aware of fallout. It's a bright red/pink-y sort of colour with gold shimmer, it's really pretty. On me, it lasted a good four-five hours until it began to crease--and remember, this was without primer. I next put it on over the shadow pencil (I've reviewed that as well) and it last at least seven hours until it began to crease. The quality of the eyeshadow amazed me. The eyeshadow pot was under four dollars, and that's without the coupon.
The one problem I do have with it is the packaging. It is extremely delicate--I dropped my original pot and it depotted, so I had to go back and get another one. So, don't drop this, unless you were planning on depotting it anyway.
I recommend this product, and I look forward to trying other colours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The worst eyeshadow ever! I bought and returned both the gray and gold ones. They are gritty, have no pigment whatsoever and glittery to boot. And they were not sealed either!
Do not buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Huntress3

This is the worst eyeshadow I've bought in a while. I purchased this because I had a coupon and I needed to replace my base color that I was running out of. I bought the color Blazing White. It looked nice in the package and I really liked the color. I tried this out this morning and it's horrible. It has A LOT of fallout and no pigmentation at all. I guess it would be nice as a highlight color. I will definately not repurchase this.