December 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - The Vert & Bigarade Shower Gel

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by happyathome

The name states green tea before bitter orange, yet this shower gel has quite the lively citrus notes. The bigarade captured is warm, tart, and well balanced with the tea scent. It harps for centre stage, but only shares a duet in a dulcet tang. A light floral completes this perfume. Unlike its stronger Green Tea predecessor, the skin is just delicately scented after use, which may be a plus. This formulation includes castor oil, as a nice surprise, and its slip can be felt in the mild suds.
The Grasse Collection arrive in smaller (175mL), simpler bottles. The labels are frank and the caps are black. This is the type of packaging where the product must speak for itself, and I am quite fine with it, however, I prefer the original. Whereas I grew to love Spring Cherry after Cherry Blossom, I can not indulge in something I find far less invigorating. I shall not repurchase, not completely due to the comparison, but to the fact that it fell short of my expectations from L'Occitane. I prefer a far more bitter and hot neroli, along with a more sensual green tea. I would rather customize my bath with my own ingredients, for less money.