July 29, 2014 | 1543 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Pearls of Perfection

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

If you could get these colors to actually get on your eye, it's nice. If. The beads are very hard to transfer to brush and then to eye, like others have said, and they do break unevenly and leave large clumps. When I have gotten it to work the color wasn't very intense, and back when I got these, that's what I was looking for. The staying power is not great either. Ended up using them for cyber-gothy type looks and it was ok. I can't really see myself bothering with the trouble now and ending up with such a washed out look. It was 'ok', but just barely.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by KittyKat131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I purchased this in Sand Pearl on a whim because the colors looked so pretty, and I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for something nifty like this. I mean, eyeshadow pearls? How cool does that sound? Very...in theory. In reality, it is very hard to get any color off of the pearls. There is little to no color payoff when using a brush. You get a little more with a sponge applicator, but not much. It's inconvenient. I ended up crushing all of the pearls and using it as a powder instead. It worlds better this way, but it's still not perfect (I found it hard to completely crush it without chunks of eyeshadow being left). It was way too much of a hassle for an average product (though I probably got way more satisfaction than I should have out of crushing the things...I must be a 4 year old at heart) : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

These come in Bronze, Classic, Topaz and Natural. They have PLENTY of shimmer, great for a highlighter, indicates on package can be used during day to add shimmer to lids, but for me too shimmery on the lids is not good during day time, better for the bewitching twilight hours. They discontinued a couple of colors that I liked, I wish companies would at least WARN us with a sticker "to be discontinued", etc. Some stores do say "clearance" or "last chance", well that means they're almost gone at THAT point! It's a nice size pan, the product will last a long time. Or course PF has to use a silly package design, it's square, but with a triangular mirror, round pan!
The brush works well (sponge too heavy) but a little messy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 7:00:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I think these have no been discontinued. Somebody sent me the purple/lavender one. Big disappointment. The color goes on extremely flat despite the shimmer in some of the pearls. This particular shade also makes me look like I got punched in the eyes IF I can even gather up enough pigment from it in the first place. I do like the lighter shimmery lavendar pearls...they are very glowy but again, one cannot pick up much pigment off of these and the whole process is messy with tiny pearls flying everywhere. I'm going to see if I can pick out the shimmery pearls and crush them and try it that way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

I have this product in Sand Pearl, which are bronze-ish colors that sit in a cute little pot. Though it is a little sheerer then I would like, and a bit difficult to apply, I think it's pretty good. Nothing TOO special.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2005 8:05:00 PM More reviews by chixyb

I bought this on sale thinking it would be cool to try out. Wrong! I can't stand it! I can't get the eye shadow out to use without knocking pearls on the ground. I am not happy with this and will not buy it again. Oh well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2004 11:05:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

I have this in Platoon Pearl, which is perfect for a smokey eye on my warm, fair complexion. It goes on a shimmery dark unusual brownish-greenish-mushroom color (if that makes sense). It has been hard for me to find a shade that works as well as this, as most grays & blacks are too dark and cool for me. I am not crazy about the packaging, as it could definitely get messy, but that won't keep me from repurchasing this awesome color!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2004 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bella001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in blushing nude. It is a good product and is good quality. I have a little trouble picking up the blush off the pearls as they tend to like to jump out of the pot. Its a nice warm colour. A little Pricey though. I wont repurchase though as I can't imagine ever running out of this stuff as it lasts forever.
Edit 3/31/06: This product is really frustrating. I can't get enough of the product on my brush and there isn't a big colour pay off. It looks pretty on my vanity though and thats about it. I don't use it. Every now and then I *think* I can make it work but it just doesn't. Won't repurchase nor recommend it. Lowered review from 4 lippies to 2.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2004 6:30:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have "Natural Pearl," which is shimmery and white. I use it on browbones and on the center of my lids on top of a darker color--it's too pale to wear just by itself. I also use it as a highlighter for my cheeks and forehead. Sometimes they spill out when I swirl a brush over them, so I have to be careful during application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2004 10:04:00 AM More reviews by kristenb

I found this at my local Eckert, but haven't found these anywhere else. I bought the "natural pearl" shade, with golden, pink, white and silvery pearls. Now don't get me wrong, my fingers aren't fat! But come on, the opening in which to slip your finger in to rub on the color is kind of awkward and clumsy. I love the idea behind this, but on my lids, it just turns out pretty white instead of multi-colored. I might try this in a different shade, and will use up until gone. The price is a bit high for drugstore, and I wish it was easier to use.