September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Highlighters - Avon - Dazzling Diva Bedazzled Pearls

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by truffles1

I recently got a handle on this 'highlighting' of cheekbones thing. With an eyeshadow from a cheap palette I have, plus a nice spare blusher brush, I have been able to create a lovely silvery white shimmer after applying foundation and blusher and wanted to find a larger, 'pearls' type product (like Guerlain Meteorites only cheaper!) to do the same job as the eyeshadow is only small.
After looking around shops and online, I was a bit frustrated as there is LOADS of choice if you want a 'bronzing' set of pearls - widely and cheaply available - but nothing like what I was after.
Anyway, happened upon these white pearls from Avon, read some reviews, meant to be subtle, not glittery, sounded good.
Received mine from Ebay today and gave them a try.
Well.. they DO give that silvery white shimmer I wanted but unfortunately the product also contains GOLD flecks of GLITTER that show up on your face too.
It's really strange as if you look closely at the pearls in the box, you can't see these gold bits at all but they are very noticeable on the face. :(
I'm afraid this glitter spoils what would have been a perfect product for me.
I wanted something to highlight, not as if I'd had glitter eyeshadow on that had fallen all over my face.
Still, I've only taken one star off, as the silvery white shimmer IS there too. I'll try this on a proper outing and see how it fares - maybe I can brush the gold bits off - was just glad to find something really and when I'm rich, I'll be giving Meteorites a try!
Packaging: black shiny plastic drum with twist-off top and the name of the product in gold on top, with some glitter built into lid too, and little gold starry things. Perfectly presentable.
There's a sponge but I'll chuck that, would much rather use a brush.