Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Conditioner

4.3

Deionized Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sorbitol Esters, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fuit Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Proprietary Essential Oil Blend, Silk Protein, Aloe Barbedenis Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Rosemary Extract, Caprylyl Glycol

on 8/23/2015 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually tried this product in a final act of desperation to save my hair. It was totally fried, dry, frizzy, and extremely tangled. I gave this conditioner a try and I have to say I loved it. It left my curly frizzy hair very shiny , feeling alive, moisturized, and looking healthy again. I'm happy. I bought a trial size at Ulta before committing however, I think I'm going full size. My only problem is it did give my hair tons of volume (and i still had some frizz) but my hair feels incredible. I am using Wella's Enrich shampoo with this conditioner and my hair is loving it. Def give it a try!

on 6/22/2015 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love the way it smells, but it just wasn't moisturizing enough for my hair. Left my hair dry despite following w/ a leave-in, and very frizzy, which isn't usually a problem.

on 3/23/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

If you have fine, 3c/4a hair, or if you live in a tropical or humid environment, this in the best affordable leave-in ever. DON'T use this as a conditioner if you have type 3b hair and up; there isn't enough slip for it to detangle properly at all. It really does fight against frizz, and in conjunction with ecostyler gel, your hair will only be a teeny tiny bit frizzy, giving it the naturally perfect curl style. It is incredibly moisturizing, with a light formula that barely weighs down your curls. With this product, coconut oil, and ecostyler gel, I can have 3 days of fantastic, chic hair with a dash of sass and daily compliments. The scent is exactly as described on the label; cocunut/hibiscus like. The entire bottle lasts up to a month for my mid back length hair, so it's a very good deal.
The only complaint I can possibly come up with would have to be the packaging. Two-thirds through the product, the pump stops working for me, so I have to unscrew the cap and beat the bottle up a little bit to get the desired amount. However, this product has more than enough pros to outweigh this one con.
Seriously, buy this stuff. You won't regret it.

on 12/24/2014 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a lovely conditioner in terms of imparting softness to the hair. However, I need lots of slip (read: silicones) in my daily conditioners, so I ended up using this as a leave-in. It worked very well for that purpose, but I will not repurchase.

on 10/13/2014 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product has a nice tropical smell and is light and thin in terms of its texture. It has great slip and makes de-tangling my hair easier. After each use, my hair feels incredibly soft and my curls are enhanced. This is probably the best conditioner I've ever used and after each use, I'm still surprised at how soft my hair feels. And I also like that the packaging includes a pump.

on 7/29/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love it! It is an absolute winner for my very dry, natural 3b curly hair. It provide the right amount of slip and conditioning to my curls that it adores. Shea Moisture products can end up costing you alot, if you are someone like me who adores the line. Which is why, i only buy them when they go on sale at either my local Walgreens or Sally's.

on 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hate to be the lone voice of dissent, but I was disappointed in this conditioner. The price wasn't bad, I started seeing it everywhere I shop so it's readily available and I ADORE the scent (coconut/pineapple). However, I've been using this for about a month and while it does leave my hair soft, it also makes it incredibly FRIZZY. I don't have curls, I have a fuzzy mess! So sad this didn't work out for me, but I'm seriously considering buying the shower gel since it smells so good.

on 7/26/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS STUFF!!!I have dry frizzy and curly hair and once I used this I couldn't stop!i bought a trail size just to see how good it was and it left my hair amazing! I mostly noticed a difference when I actually styled my hair. I noticed that when I straightened my hair it felt smooth and silky. Now I want to buy the full size, but it seems so hard to get my hands on it.

on 6/9/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried the travel size before buying the large bottle, and just purchased the large bottle. Most conditioners without silicones leave my hair feeling dry, coarse, and simply not conditioned. This, however, felt great from first use. I used in conjunction with the shampoo and am so pleased so far (after 3 weeks). My hair feels conditioned, soft, smooth, all without weighing it down. I have tight wavy, loose curly hair. A combination of 2b, 2c, and 3a. The smell is fruity/floral. I prefer a more "clean scent," however, I don't mind this scent too much. It's sort of like a garnier or organix brand scent if I compared to other drugstore brands. I have also done a deep treatment with this - left a good amount slathered on for 30 minutes and had good results. Not too heavy, but nourished my hair. For regular use I don't rinse it completely out and layer a small amount of apricot oil on top, and then either a light hold mousse or curl cream. My curls/waves are defined and much less frizzy (my main issue). Hopefully results will only get better with more time! I would encourage users to pick up a small bottle at Target to try (if you hate it you're only out $4), or a full size at ULTA (you can return anything with a receipt, even if you opened it and tried it!).

Update: it's been over a year and I'm still using this conditioner. I tried a few others from the line and couldn't take the smell. I'm still pleased with the results. My hair is healthy and soft. I only use the shampoo occasionally, as it started to cause buildup. I'm now using Yes To Cucumbers shampoo which cleanses well without stripping. I have also incorporated the hair milk from this line and like that as a leave in conditioner with an oil. I still highly reccomend this conditioner!

on 5/21/2014 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have tight 3b spiral curls that I have been straightening for years and finally a month ago decided to embrace my natural curls..I've heard from other curly girls that this line is great so I had to check it out!!

Target had mini bottles for $3.99 so I got this and the matching shampoo.

*Scent-Reminds me of a tropical pina colada & coconuts..I love it!! The scent does linger after washing my hair and when my hair is dry but then fades as the hours go by.

*After shampooing with the matching shampoo I apply this to my ends and work up. This conditioner is very lightweight even more so then I thought so I'm actually able to apply this to the shorter hairs towards the top of my head wich are due to breakage from when I went blonde briefly last year and combined with heat damage due to straightening. This combined with the matching shampoo really helped enhance my natural spiral curls even with my damaged ends has a slight curl!!! After applying my leave in conditioner and other styling products and letting my hair air dry my curls are amazingly looking even better than usual!!!!!
My hair needs moisture without all the added weight and these 2 are excellent and my hair doesn't feel stripped!!. I will buy the bigger bottles once my mini's are empty!

*Update 9/18/14*
As much as I love this I have to stop using it,its making my hair limp & flat.....if anything I'll use this only in the warmer months (wich is when it seems to work best on my hair)

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products