July 23, 2014 | 2173 users online

Conditioner - Shea Moisture - Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by veiled89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried the travel size before buying the large bottle, and just purchased the large bottle. Most conditioners without silicones leave my hair feeling dry, coarse, and simply not conditioned. This, however, felt great from first use. I used in conjunction with the shampoo and am so pleased so far (after 3 weeks). My hair feels conditioned, soft, smooth, all without weighing it down. I have tight wavy, loose curly hair. A combination of 2b, 2c, and 3a. The smell is fruity/floral. I prefer a more "clean scent," however, I don't mind this scent too much. It's sort of like a garnier or organix brand scent if I compared to other drugstore brands. I have also done a deep treatment with this - left a good amount slathered on for 30 minutes and had good results. Not too heavy, but nourished my hair. For regular use I don't rinse it completely out and layer a small amount of apricot oil on top, and then either a light hold mousse or curl cream. My curls/waves are defined and much less frizzy (my main issue). Hopefully results will only get better with more time! I would encourage users to pick up a small bottle at Target to try (if you hate it you're only out $4), or a full size at ULTA (you can return anything with a receipt, even if you opened it and tried it!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I have tight 3b spiral curls that I have been straightening for years and finally a month ago decided to embrace my natural curls..I've heard from other curly girls that this line is great so I had to check it out!!

Target had mini bottles for $3.99 so I got this and the matching shampoo.

*Scent-Reminds me of a tropical pina colada & coconuts..I love it!! The scent does linger after washing my hair and when my hair is dry but then fades as the hours go by.

*After shampooing with the matching shampoo I apply this to my ends and work up. This conditioner is very lightweight even more so then I thought so I'm actually able to apply this to the shorter hairs towards the top of my head wich are due to breakage from when I went blonde briefly last year and combined with heat damage due to straightening. This combined with the matching shampoo really helped enhance my natural spiral curls even with my damaged ends has a slight curl!!! After applying my leave in conditioner and other styling products and letting my hair air dry my curls are amazingly looking even better than usual!!!!!
My hair needs moisture without all the added weight and these 2 are excellent and my hair doesn't feel stripped!!. I will buy the bigger bottles once my mini's are empty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

I got this after giving up on pretty much every conditioner that promised to help with moisture and frizz.
Well, I had my high doubts BUT was very much suprised!!
My thick dry wavy hair looked moist, bouncy, and very shiny so health and I got compliments at work!! wow!! I would definately buy this again! I got this BOGO free at CVS a couple of weeks ago.
I think this conditioner is very much worth the regular price, but I will be purchasing this product again once there is a special even if its BOGO 50% off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Dani0518

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Leave this overnight and wash it in the morning. Helps my dry hair stay moistured for 2 days along with the coconut milk thing, brought my curls back after being fried with bleach lol not changing this conditioner for anything.
Its not the best detangler though,
I have stubborn/dry hair, im hispanic, keeps the frizz to the minimum as well. if this helps anyone, I liked it :)
As for the smell not a fan.. but its not strong. Its kind of a weird pineapple and coconut

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by teresa1083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is one of the best conditioners i have ever used. Super moisturizing and softening on my coarse dry hair. I rated the price a little low because a small bottle of this retails for $20 in canada, but if i was in the U.S i would have given it a 5 because it sells for $10 at sally's.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by LauraAronson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is the holy grail. My long hair is fine with Botticelli (mid-way between curly and wavy) curls. I style it with a ventilated roller brush set to a low temperature, and have achieved perfect waves. At bedtime, I put it up in a high ponytail, then comb, curl, and clip the ends. This keeps the style indefintely and lets my postpone a shampoo and blow out for days. I comb through their conditioner in the shower, but this product is the essential one. HAPPY! HAPPY!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

For what it's worth it's worth a couple bucks extra. It's honestly not that expensive at all. Maybe just more than you're average Pantene or garnier. I can go on and on about this product so I'm going to keep this simple. It's a wonderful wonderful conditioner. I have 3b type curls and this is honestly the best. Also helps that it's organic and doesn't contain that icky stuff so it actually does improve the health of your hair, not just coat it. The conditioner itself is light with that coconut island kind of smell. Doesn't weigh my hair down really but certainly moisturizes and defines my curls to the fullest! Sheesh I said I'd keep this short but look at me.. Ultimately, this product is my holy grail conditioner. The first time I tried shea moisture it was love. So wonderful that this product is made specifically for my hair type (thick curly or wavy hair) and is certainly effective. Perfect for daily use and great to use whenever. I am using it for my dry hair in this cold winter and it's a great winter conditioner as it really hydrates.Shea moisture is a win, and so is this conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ashlyndmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this product. It says on the packaging that it contains silk protein but I couldn't find that in the ingredients list so I'm unsure If this is a moisture or protein conditioner. However, this left my curls super soft and detangled. I would repurchase. I'm unsure why it's $2 more than the other conditioners though...*side eye*

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bottle lasts a very long time. I apply a very small amount in the palm of my hand and massage into the ends of my hair. Keeps my hair looking shiny and vibrant, while keeping it silky soft.