Sephora Formula X Nail Color

3.3

on 8/11/2015 8:34:00 AM

These are one of the only nail polishes that don't chip on me. However, I do keep my nails very short. I use their three step system of the base coat, nail color and then top coat and I think that really helps. Some of the colors are hit and miss because I find that some formulations chip more than others, which is odd. Frenetic and ignite are my favorite and last quite a long time. It's a great line with fantastic colors.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I received one bottle free during a VIB/Rouge and the another I bought. I will only discuss the formula and wear as I cannot remember the names of the two shades since I'm not at home as I write this review. I must say that I'm quite impressed with the wear and formula of this polish because I'm pretty rough with my hands and with just two coats and a top coat I have yet to experience a chip or serious tip wear after a day of hauling books around and dealing with several kids and two dogs. Its been three days already and so far they still look as if I just applied it an hour ago. Its definitely worth the $10 price tag and I plan on grabbing more shades in the future.

on 11/23/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This polish chips no matter what top/base coat used within 24 hours. Do not waste you $.Just as Sephora brand eye shadows are horrible so are there store brand polishes.

on 7/19/2014 9:43:00 PM

You MUST use the whole system- their base coat and top coat and then it lasts. 4 kids and busy life and this lasts at least 10 days. If I take the whole "system" to my nail salon I can get it to last even longer. Love it and the color selection is awesome.

on 7/10/2014 11:02:00 AM

I was excited to test this out when my sister bought the whole formula X system. I used the color "high frequency" which is a beautiful turquoise. I love the packaging and the polish applied beautifully. Sadly those are the only good things I can say about this product. The topcoat bubbled and several nails chipped within 24 hours. For me to pay $10+ for a nail polish, it would have to be perfect. I don't think I will be buying these for myself in the future.

on 6/19/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst polish ever! Polish became thick with first application and chipped in one day! Not worth the money. I purchased a polish for much much less and it lasted over a week. Would not recommend!

on 6/7/2014 10:14:00 PM

I really love this nail polish. I purchased the color Eureka, and 1 week later it has barely chipped. I work a full time job, have a family, help take care of my granddaughter....so I use my hands. I have NEVER had a polish last this long! I also purchased the Formula X base coat and top coat. I would definitely repurchase! The only problem is deciding which color to get!

on 6/4/2014 2:37:00 AM

This IMO is an average nail polish. It has lasting power and doesn't really chip easily on my fingernails. I have the colours perfection (grape-grey) and ignite (dark red). I like the fact that formula x polish is a three-free formula and won't stain my nails yellow, as well as, the range of colours is really great. But my biggest complaint is the brush... I wish it was slightly wider and less flimsy. Also, the product is slightly gloppy and somewhat streaks. Other than its a pretty good polish.

Update: it has now peeled off 1 finger nail completely after I did the dishes. I think it peels off when the polish is submerged under water.

Formula x for sephora has many many varieties of shades. They do have a patened ultra pigmentened shade+Formula range. I have a few favorite shade alrealy collected in matter of a short time after it had been introduced to me.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

These polishes are terrible. Way too thick to work with. The colors are pretty but they chip so fast and look awful on the nails.

Popular Polishes