October 26, 2014 | 1023 users online

Polishes - Sephora - Formula X Nail Color

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by lisahdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You MUST use the whole system- their base coat and top coat and then it lasts. 4 kids and busy life and this lasts at least 10 days. If I take the whole "system" to my nail salon I can get it to last even longer. Love it and the color selection is awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to test this out when my sister bought the whole formula X system. I used the color "high frequency" which is a beautiful turquoise. I love the packaging and the polish applied beautifully. Sadly those are the only good things I can say about this product. The topcoat bubbled and several nails chipped within 24 hours. For me to pay $10+ for a nail polish, it would have to be perfect. I don't think I will be buying these for myself in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sammy1019

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst polish ever! Polish became thick with first application and chipped in one day! Not worth the money. I purchased a polish for much much less and it lasted over a week. Would not recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by dmdreaming

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this nail polish. I purchased the color Eureka, and 1 week later it has barely chipped. I work a full time job, have a family, help take care of my granddaughter....so I use my hands. I have NEVER had a polish last this long! I also purchased the Formula X base coat and top coat. I would definitely repurchase! The only problem is deciding which color to get!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This IMO is an average nail polish. It has lasting power and doesn't really chip easily on my fingernails. I have the colours perfection (grape-grey) and ignite (dark red). I like the fact that formula x polish is a three-free formula and won't stain my nails yellow, as well as, the range of colours is really great. But my biggest complaint is the brush... I wish it was slightly wider and less flimsy. Also, the product is slightly gloppy and somewhat streaks. Other than its a pretty good polish.

Update: it has now peeled off 1 finger nail completely after I did the dishes. I think it peels off when the polish is submerged under water.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Formula x for sephora has many many varieties of shades. They do have a patened ultra pigmentened shade+Formula range. I have a few favorite shade alrealy collected in matter of a short time after it had been introduced to me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

These polishes are terrible. Way too thick to work with. The colors are pretty but they chip so fast and look awful on the nails.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have several of these, and the colors are gorgeous. Unfortunately that's all I can say for them. Many need up to 3 coats to look right, and all of them begin to chip and peel on the first day. Going through Sephora's nail cleaning, base coat, 2 to 3 coats of color, then top coat, you don't even get 24 hours of wear. I don't have time for this. When you go in and see all the pretty polishes on display, just remember you'll only get a few hours wear out of it before you start to look like you don't take care of yourself. BOO SEPHORA, BOO for releasing such a horrible product to the market like this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the Sephora 22 set of minis to try out this new polish. I have polish on my nails pretty much all the time because if I don't I tend to chew my nails out of boredom! I am giving these polishes a 2 lippie for the variety of colours. The colours are beatiful and there is a huge range. I love the look of the top coats also. BUT, and it's a huge but, I cannot get this polish to last more than a day on me without chipping. It's not even chipping, it peels off my nails like that cheap Tinkerbell nail polish I had as a kid.

I did not buy their own top and base but I have tried combinations of Essie bases/top, Revlon base, Sally Hansen rapid top and Seche base/vite top as well as just plain on the nails. Nothing works. As a result, I'm changing my polish every couple of days and it's drying out my nails. I spoke to a friend about this and she has the same problem.

Quite a few of the polishes in the set I got streak something terrible and need three coats.The polish does dry quickly which is a plus but ugh, I so wanted to love these new polishes! I probably won't be buying them again just because of the crap formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Despite the price hike of the product, I still like the performance it gives. I bought the color Taupe Pearl which looks brownish online but is more like a greige in real life. The color lasts a long time and looks very nice. No matter what outfit I wear, it always seems to match it, which makes it a fabulous selection for me. There was a subtle shimmer that was very elegant, too. This really is fabulous, but I wish it were cheaper.