Sephora Formula X Nail Color

3.1

on 11/23/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This polish chips no matter what top/base coat used within 24 hours. Do not waste you $.Just as Sephora brand eye shadows are horrible so are there store brand polishes.

on 7/19/2014 9:43:00 PM

You MUST use the whole system- their base coat and top coat and then it lasts. 4 kids and busy life and this lasts at least 10 days. If I take the whole "system" to my nail salon I can get it to last even longer. Love it and the color selection is awesome.

on 7/10/2014 11:02:00 AM

I was excited to test this out when my sister bought the whole formula X system. I used the color "high frequency" which is a beautiful turquoise. I love the packaging and the polish applied beautifully. Sadly those are the only good things I can say about this product. The topcoat bubbled and several nails chipped within 24 hours. For me to pay $10+ for a nail polish, it would have to be perfect. I don't think I will be buying these for myself in the future.

on 6/19/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst polish ever! Polish became thick with first application and chipped in one day! Not worth the money. I purchased a polish for much much less and it lasted over a week. Would not recommend!

on 6/7/2014 10:14:00 PM

I really love this nail polish. I purchased the color Eureka, and 1 week later it has barely chipped. I work a full time job, have a family, help take care of my granddaughter....so I use my hands. I have NEVER had a polish last this long! I also purchased the Formula X base coat and top coat. I would definitely repurchase! The only problem is deciding which color to get!

on 6/4/2014 2:37:00 AM

This IMO is an average nail polish. It has lasting power and doesn't really chip easily on my fingernails. I have the colours perfection (grape-grey) and ignite (dark red). I like the fact that formula x polish is a three-free formula and won't stain my nails yellow, as well as, the range of colours is really great. But my biggest complaint is the brush... I wish it was slightly wider and less flimsy. Also, the product is slightly gloppy and somewhat streaks. Other than its a pretty good polish.

Update: it has now peeled off 1 finger nail completely after I did the dishes. I think it peels off when the polish is submerged under water.

Formula x for sephora has many many varieties of shades. They do have a patened ultra pigmentened shade+Formula range. I have a few favorite shade alrealy collected in matter of a short time after it had been introduced to me.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

These polishes are terrible. Way too thick to work with. The colors are pretty but they chip so fast and look awful on the nails.

on 4/4/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have several of these, and the colors are gorgeous. Unfortunately that's all I can say for them. Many need up to 3 coats to look right, and all of them begin to chip and peel on the first day. Going through Sephora's nail cleaning, base coat, 2 to 3 coats of color, then top coat, you don't even get 24 hours of wear. I don't have time for this. When you go in and see all the pretty polishes on display, just remember you'll only get a few hours wear out of it before you start to look like you don't take care of yourself. BOO SEPHORA, BOO for releasing such a horrible product to the market like this.

on 1/19/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought the Sephora 22 set of minis to try out this new polish. I have polish on my nails pretty much all the time because if I don't I tend to chew my nails out of boredom! I am giving these polishes a 2 lippie for the variety of colours. The colours are beatiful and there is a huge range. I love the look of the top coats also. BUT, and it's a huge but, I cannot get this polish to last more than a day on me without chipping. It's not even chipping, it peels off my nails like that cheap Tinkerbell nail polish I had as a kid.

I did not buy their own top and base but I have tried combinations of Essie bases/top, Revlon base, Sally Hansen rapid top and Seche base/vite top as well as just plain on the nails. Nothing works. As a result, I'm changing my polish every couple of days and it's drying out my nails. I spoke to a friend about this and she has the same problem.

Quite a few of the polishes in the set I got streak something terrible and need three coats.The polish does dry quickly which is a plus but ugh, I so wanted to love these new polishes! I probably won't be buying them again just because of the crap formula.

Popular Polishes