Sephora Formula X Nail Color

3.3

I have one regular polish and one special effects polish from Formula X, and the regular polish is okay.

Regular color: I would compare it to Essie, as the color lasts for about 3-5 days without chipping, with a top coat. Not bad, but pricey.

Special Effects color: The special effects polish in Spectacle did not even last one day without chipping horribly - and I work at a desk and avoid opening things with my nails. The color is super cool because it is a matte rose color, but what's the point if it chips immediately?...

Unbelievable. Doesn't chip for several days using Nails Inc caviar base & top coat. Every other high end, low end polish chips in 1-2 days on my fingers. Have some odd VIB freebies and sale colors that I love. Will def buy more!!! Highly recommend the nails inc as well.

These are one of the only nail polishes that don't chip on me. However, I do keep my nails very short. I use their three step system of the base coat, nail color and then top coat and I think that really helps. Some of the colors are hit and miss because I find that some formulations chip more than others, which is odd. Frenetic and ignite are my favorite and last quite a long time. It's a great line with fantastic colors.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I received one bottle free during a VIB/Rouge and the another I bought. I will only discuss the formula and wear as I cannot remember the names of the two shades since I'm not at home as I write this review. I must say that I'm quite impressed with the wear and formula of this polish because I'm pretty rough with my hands and with just two coats and a top coat I have yet to experience a chip or serious tip wear after a day of hauling books around and dealing with several kids and two dogs. Its been three days already and so far they still look as if I just applied it an hour ago. Its definitely worth the $10 price tag and I plan on grabbing more shades in the future.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This polish chips no matter what top/base coat used within 24 hours. Do not waste you $.Just as Sephora brand eye shadows are horrible so are there store brand polishes.

You MUST use the whole system- their base coat and top coat and then it lasts. 4 kids and busy life and this lasts at least 10 days. If I take the whole "system" to my nail salon I can get it to last even longer. Love it and the color selection is awesome.

I was excited to test this out when my sister bought the whole formula X system. I used the color "high frequency" which is a beautiful turquoise. I love the packaging and the polish applied beautifully. Sadly those are the only good things I can say about this product. The topcoat bubbled and several nails chipped within 24 hours. For me to pay $10+ for a nail polish, it would have to be perfect. I don't think I will be buying these for myself in the future.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst polish ever! Polish became thick with first application and chipped in one day! Not worth the money. I purchased a polish for much much less and it lasted over a week. Would not recommend!

I really love this nail polish. I purchased the color Eureka, and 1 week later it has barely chipped. I work a full time job, have a family, help take care of my granddaughter....so I use my hands. I have NEVER had a polish last this long! I also purchased the Formula X base coat and top coat. I would definitely repurchase! The only problem is deciding which color to get!

This IMO is an average nail polish. It has lasting power and doesn't really chip easily on my fingernails. I have the colours perfection (grape-grey) and ignite (dark red). I like the fact that formula x polish is a three-free formula and won't stain my nails yellow, as well as, the range of colours is really great. But my biggest complaint is the brush... I wish it was slightly wider and less flimsy. Also, the product is slightly gloppy and somewhat streaks. Other than its a pretty good polish.

Update: it has now peeled off 1 finger nail completely after I did the dishes. I think it peels off when the polish is submerged under water.