August 22, 2014 | 1932 users online

Polishes - Sephora - Formula X Effects Top Coat

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by calimoonchild

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have two of these and find them to be unique and of really high quality. For this review, I am referencing Demolition and Turbulent.

Firstly, I think that these are being marketed incorrectly. They are labeled as top coats but they are not. Each of these dry to a bumpy glitter layer that needs a proper top coat to last. But that is the only downside I've found.

These are both unique combos of different shapes of glitter in a CLEAR polish. That is so hard to find! Turbulent might have a slight blue tint to the polish but it is very slight. I love this because often you find a polish that looks like it would be a wonderful top effect over whatever polish, but when you put it on, it has pigment to it and changes the look. This is where I think these Sephora X Effects polishes stand out- they are truly just EFFECTS. Fun clear effects to add a new dimension to your base polish. Which is exactly what I hoped they would be and what I wanted!

You have to top these with something like Seche Vite- they are not a top coat. They dry grainy and sandy. Don't buy them for a top coat- but DO buy them as an effect! And for that, they are fabulous!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No