December 17, 2014 | 1709 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lacquer - Demure

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Jackjack12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The price is pretty expensive for a drugstore product. But, the packaging is cute I really like the light pink color to it, it also has a bit of sparkle! I think it's a good product might buy some more colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Celestila

Demure is a great name for this because you can barely see it. The color payoff is horrible for the price. I've had better payoff from $2 Wet'n Wild lip products. For $2 more I can buy a MAC lipstick with better payoff as well. The only way you can tell I have any lip product on is if I use foundation on my lips first and even then it's barely there. It's called "Colorburst" so I expected a bit more pigment. So -1 lippie for that.

I also subtracted another lippie because it has a strong peppermint smell which I don't like. I don't think any lip product other than Burt's Bees chapstick should smell like this does.

And finally -1 lippie because it has glitter for some reason and has a rough feeling when being applied. Based on appearances I thought it would have a smooth application.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by callyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Luckily I did not buy this product myself but received it in a gift bag. Based on the colour of the packaging, I did not think this shade would suit my fair complexion at all, but I was wrong. It is a very pretty nude (although it has glitter which I don't like) that works well with my skin tone. I find most Revlon lip products to be very drying, but this product is much more "comfortable" on the lips. The colour is very sheer and you really need to layer it on to get any colour payoff at all. It has very little lasting power and you are left with glitter all over your lips. I would not purchase this product myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Revlon, we love most of your lip products, but please, please find a way to do things without the chunky glitter flecks. Glitter sitting on your lips after the color wears off is never fun. The color of Demure is more that of a peachy pink lip gloss without the goop. Honestly even as sheer as it is, and as not that great feeling on the lips (I expected much more of a moisturizing feeling) I would be happy with this color. But it is that darn gritty texture of the glitter flecks and the glitter sitting on my lips I hate. I wanted juicy. Looks like I will have to just splurge on the Clinique ones. FYI - The matte balms by Revlon are better because they don't leave glitter (matte ya know :) and the color lasts longer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

This particular shade is barely a lipstick at all. It is pretty packaging, and the product color is nice, but the texture is God awful. It's a very thin and sheer shade, so you have to apply a lot of it for any color to show. Then it gathers in the center of your mouth and goops up as a milky color. It also doesn't last nearly as long as the other shades in this line, and it feels bad on my lips. I know nudes are a popular choice, but avoid this one and go for Ingenue or Coy. Some of the other lacquer balms do not have the glitter and they're much better. This one is just the worst of all of them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I've been eyeing the Revlon Balm Stains for a while now, so I picked up the Lacquer balm in Demure today. When I swatched it on my hand, it was such a pretty, light pink color with sparkles. However, on my lips, it barely showed up, and it looked like I just had a colorless balm on. I can never seem to find light pink colors that actually show up on my lips, but aren't an overwhelming hot pink color.

I like the packaging and the feel of the product on my lips, but this is not the shade for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Demure is a milky pink glittery gloss in solid form. From the product name "Colorburst Lacquer", I had assumed this would be well pigmented and glossy. With one swipe it's nothing special - just a slightly glossy tint of color - like a tinted lip balm. The second swipe provides more color payoff (though not full coverage) and more glossiness but also glitter. The glitter was a surprise. Shimmer would have been a pleasant surprise, but the glitter was not. It's the kind of cheap/tacky glittery sparkles found in makeup aimed at little girls. I rubbed my lips together and the gloss was gone - seriously. Where did it go?? And unfortunately the glitter remained. Additional swipes resulted in better coverage and less obvious glitter, but then it sat on my lips like an average thick goopy wanded liquid gloss - and the color was a nearly-skintone cool-pink which was not flattering for my yellow-undertoned (AAB/NC25) coloring. Also, the gloss tended to highlight every imperfection in my lip texture (pooling under dry flakes - lovely, right?), so now I'm glad I didnt get a darker shade! I gave up and wiped my lips off with a tissue but the glitter stayed put.

Packaging - Twist up chubby pencil, which requires no sharpening (yay!). Body casing represents the color inside. Gold plastic cap.

Comparisons to other products - I was under the impression that this is intended to be glossy lipcolor, with good color payoff, something akin to Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tints but with more pigmentation. I'm a fan of the Lipsurgence products and was hoping to find a comparable drugstore alternative. But I'm sufficiently disappointed by this Colorburst Lacquer purchase that I am highly unlikely to try other shades. Sorry, Revlon.

Overall - I can't get past the cheap glitter. But even without the glitter I'd still be disappointed. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by MellowJaney

I'm a big fan of the original Revlon Kissable Balm Stains, but I'm not hugely impressed with the lacquer versions. I picked up the shade Demure, which I thought would be a nice everyday shade. But the glitter is horrible. It makes the whole thing completely unwearable. First, you can feel the grit of the glitter when you first apply it. And then when the balm itself wears away you're just left with disco ball lips-- I'm not a fan. I gave two lippies for the shade itself, but because of the glitter I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Revlon doesn't exactly make it clear how these Lacquer balms differ from the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, I mean I thought those were pretty darn glossy myself and they really weren't all that....stain-y. Well these are the same concept, only placed in the Colorburst family and they gave them shimmer. You know how Tarte has the regular Lipsurgences and then the shinier ones that are full of shimmer and then the matte ones... well Revlon has copied that, which is cool but overall making the Lacquer ones not that exciting.

Demure is a little warmer on my lips than it looks in the tube. It is a milky pinky peach nude... you know that shade that has been wildly popular for forever. I wasn't expecting the milky factor so I was a little meh on that, but it's an okay color. You can't really see the shimmer initially, but you sure can feel it when applying this color, it feels noticeably gritty. It moisturizes my lips okay, and the pigment is okay... but it doesn't last very long. I find myself needing to reapply this more often than I would like. And because it is warmer than I was hoping, I worry about that "is it going to look orangish around my lip line" factor. When it fades it leaves behind that silver shimmer. Some people are gonna like that, others are gonna hate it. And oh yeah, it has a peppermint smell.

For $8 I'm not all that impressed. In fact I am completely MEH on the product/color/everything about it general. I don't think I'll be trying other shades. I really hope the matte ones redeem themselves for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Demure is a shiny shimmery pale nude-peach lip laquer. It goes well on the application,it last fairly long with a lip liner. I apply it as well with a lip gloss! A pale translucide peach lip gloss looks verry good with it! Love it!