April 18, 2014 | 1193 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - UD Shattered Face Case

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have enough shadows to last me a lifetime, and I swore to myself I would resist UD's holiday lineup. And I was wrong. The Shattered Face Case joined my other UD palettes a couple months ago and has been quite loved. The shadows are fantastic. Nameless, the middle grayish brown shade, has quickly become a new favorite. I also love the blushes, they are very pigmented and last a long time. Perhaps one of my favorite aspects of the palette is the packaging. It is perfect. I love the double layer set up and the 2 big mirrors. Shattered does have a few downfalls though, the eyeliner included is Zero. It's just a basic black, and one that I already own 2 of. It was doubly disappointing because the Anarchy Face Case came with the Perversion liner, also black. I now have 5 black UD liners. I really wish they had thrown a dark purple liner in there, or even a deep gray. I was also a bit sad about the lip color. It's nice, but nothing special. Dispite the negatives I am still glad I bought Shattered, and if given the chance I would probably purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first UD product I've really liked. I got rid of Naked 1 & 2 and some of their other palettes. I bought it on the UD website for $29 because I really wanted the lipstick. Love the lipstick and the darkest blush. The blush reminds me of Blushbaby, good to use as a bronzer/blusher for me. The eyeliner is nice. I like the shadows, they wear better than other UD shadows on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I love this shattered face case!!! I don't usually wear eyeshadow. I own the Naked palette and it's been two years and I barely made a dent in any of the colours. I only use eyeshadow on special occasions. When I saw the colours in this face case, I thought it wouldn't fit me. But I used the brownish/grey colour (the middle shade) and a pinky one (fourth shade from the left) and they looked sooo pretty together! I like both the blushes although I still think Nars blushes look best on me. The highlighter is so pretty as well! The eyeliner goes on smooth and didn't smudge on me. I was really excited for the lip pencil but this one actually disappointed me the most out of everything. My lips dried and flaked after awhile :( but overall, i LOVE this case...i got it for $29 too and it's soooo worth it :) I will definitely bring it with me when I travel, so convenient! oh, I do think it's a bit hard to open the case though but not a big deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such another outstanding palette from UD. They knocked this one out of the park like the Oz palettes.

The 5 e/s in this palette compliment each other. I liked that purple was chosen as the pop of colour shade as it is universally flattering. The shadows are shimmery but not over the top glittery and I appreciate the matte cream shade included. As expected the e/s are buttery, soft and highly pigmented.

The zero e/l is not my choice e/l but it works when I'm on the go.

I'm NC45 and both the blushes show up on my skin. They have to be built up, however it never looks powdery or ashy.

The highlighter was lovely as well. It gives a light golden sheen to the skin without chunks of gold glitter.

On to the fun part... The l/s. I love this shade though I was intimidated by this bright pink. It is buildable and longlasting. It is creamy and very easy and convenient to use.

I got this on sale but I would be willing to pay full price for this. Amazing job UD!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by aleung88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I had enough Urban Decay products to last me forever (Naked 1, 2, 3 + Naked Flushed + Naked Basics, whew!) But then I saw this palette on sale at Macy's for $29 only, and the sales person said the magic words..."that's the last one". So bam, I had my 6th UD palette and I LOVE IT!

It has replaced my entire everyday-travel-put-in-my-purse cosmetic routine. Literally everything in this palette is something I would have picked individually - the blushes, the highlighter, the eyeliner, the eyeshadow colours, the lip colour. Perfect perfect perfect!

And $29 is such a steal!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by MollyDickson

EXCELLENT value for money especially since I purchased this in sale ($29?) on ULTA. I love the UD brand for its edgy, high quality product and commitment to no animal testing and less toxic ingredients and this exceeds my expectations. I almost returned the palette on initial review as the colors looked too strong and I thought it might be limiting for using everyday as I'm in my early 40's and work in a conservative environment. Wrong! The eyeshadows are pigmented but easy to blend and buildable. You can sheer them out with a proper brush and they are beautiful and work appropriate. The dark colors in particular scared me bc they seemed very glittery but it's very subtle and I like having them when I want to do a more dramatic look. I personally love the blushes and lip crayon and found them flattering and wearable. CONS: a bronzer instead of a second would have been better. Packaging is sturdy and useful (great mirrors) but it's very bulky and around an inch thick which I found cumbersome. But I'm nitpicking. It's lovely overall and I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not going to go into great detail about each product/colour as there are reviews below that cover this in depth, if that's what you're looking for.

I received this as a Christmas present from my brother and I'm absolutely obsessed with it right now! The shadows, as always with UD, are fantastic. Super pigmented and blend so beautifully. I've never used any other UD products apart from their eye shadow palettes and eye primer potion, so was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of their blush and eye liner. The blushes are very pigmented so only a little is needed but they blend out lovely and leave a stunning, natural glow.

I love black eye liner for tightlining eyes and am very impressed with the 24/7 glide on pencil on zero - it's a very rich and creamy pencil that lasts really well.

The lip colour is stunning but I'm disappointed with the longevity of it.

I've not yet used the highlighter but judging by the quality of everything else, I have high hopes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Oh my...am in LOVE with this palette. Wow, the colors are so gorgeous as usual with UD. I have both palettes, this one and Anarchy. This is my favorite of the two. The shades include:
Nameless Eyeshadow: Medium gray-brown satin
Overexposed Blush: Dusty rose
Temper Blush: Soft, baby pink
Glint Highlighter: Pink champagne shimmer
Lovechild Lip Color: Cool pink cream

Nameless eye-shadow is my FAVORITE in here and now one of my favorite shadows from them. Such a gorgeous shade that looks unbelievable on its own with Minor Sin on the brow-bone. I used Bleach as a base for all. Zero as a tight-line (oh wow so rich and black), Overexposed as a contour (very cool and light on me), and Temper as a blush. I used Glint to highlight my cheekbones. The ENTIRE kit is so gorgeous and so worth the money. The colors are saturated with color and I only needed very little. Very buttery and soft. The highlight Glint needs to be a solo color they sell. These blushes are so pigmented and soft. Definite repurchase if they ever sell this permanent. I really wish these shades were permanent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by BeckyDunmall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this on Christmas Day from my mum and I have to say I love it. I'm a really big Urban Decay fan and was excited to get another new set from them.
The products are all good quality and they work really well together to create a easy but great look. The eyeshadows are all well pigmented and work really well together and I like that they are more shimmery than glittery as glitter can be a bit of a pain.
The blushes in this kit are wonderful, however they are super pigmented so a little went a long way on my light skin.
Now the downsides, the lip colour is lovely, however it doesn't have great staying power and seemed to wear off pretty quickly and the highlighter in my opinion is a little too shimmery for me. Other than that this Face Case is great and I really hope they add more to the line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though the Anarchy Face Case & the Shattered Face Case are very similar, I purchased both of them. They both have beautiful colors, & the color palettes are very similar (especially on the blushes, they are practically the same, with some minor variations). The Anarchy Face Case is a sold only at Sephora, & the Shattered Face Case is sold on UD’s website & Ulta. Here’s a breakdown of each case:
Anarchy:
3 of the shadows in this case have a LOT of shimmer/are glittery…
Shadows:
Redemption – off black/dark gray satin
Fray – light nude matte
Vaporize – purplish/grayish with glitter
Provacateur – pinkish/lavender with glitter
Revolt – silver with glitter

Blushes:
Fetish – falls into the “warm” category…it’s kind of a dark peachy-bronze color, with just a little bit of shimmer.
Quickie – bright pink matte

Highlighter:
Craze – is a very shimmery gold highlighter

24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion – a very black eyeliner…I think it’s the darkest black pencil I’ve ever used.

Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Scandal – a pretty, shimmery (not glittery) red lip color

I love all of the eyeshadows in this case. I like both blushes, too. I’m medium/olive skinned, & use a light hand with them, as they are very pigmented. I’m not sure how useful the highlighter is, as it is way too shimmery & too gold to be of much use on my face. It might be good for the tear duct area. The eyeliner, as I said, is the blackest black pencil I’ve come across. The lip color is very pretty, but I’m not a big fan of red lipstick on myself. I might wear it a few times a year, at the most.

Now onto Shattered:
There’s really only 1 shadow in this case that has a lot of shimmer/glitter.
Shadows:
Shakedown – dark gray satin
Remix – dark purple with glitter
Nameless – grayish/brownish (dark taupe?) satin
Minor Sin – light pink/champagne satin
Bleach – beige/ almost a flesh color matte

Blushes:
Overexposed – kind of a dusty rose color. Matte.
Temper – medium shade of pink. Matte.

Highlighter: Glint – a bronze shimmery highlighter

Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Lovechild – pale pink crème.

24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero – black. Seems to be just about the only eyeliner UD ever likes to include in their palettes.

I think all of the colors in the Shattered palette will be wearable for more people than the ones in the Anarchy palette. There’s not so many glittery eyeshadows (just one) & the blushes aren’t quite as bright (still, you need to use a light hand, especially if you are lighter skinned…even with my skin tone, I still need to use a light hand).
The highlighter shade in Shattered is more wearable, but again, very shimmery, so you might be better of using it in the tear duct area, or maybe lightly brushing it over your blush for some shimmer. The Lovechild lip color doesn’t look that great on me & it doesn’t last very long on me either.

Overall, if you get only one of these, I think Shattered is the better palette overall, even though I love both of them. I tend to use shadows from each one together to make an eye look.

I also like that there's a handy mirror on each level of the case. There's a bigger mirror on the first level, & a smaller one on the second level. Some people have said the cases are hard to open. I haven’t had that problem. I just slide my thumbnail under the latch & it comes open fairly easily.

ETA: I tried to put this review under Anarchy Face Case also, but it won't let me add this product to the list for some reason...

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No