Milani Color Statement Lip Liner

4.8

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice product, no flaking, fading or running. HOWEVER I hate wooden liners and this one is just as bad as any other I have tried. I wasted half of it trying to get it sharp and it didnt sharpen well. I'm planning on going back to see if they have any retractable options. If not, I'll just stick to Rimmel and Jordana

I love milani and I love these lip liners! So creamy, smooth and has the best color selection. They have an awesome selection of nudes which can be tricky when it comes to drug store cosmetics. I love the packaging, it looks high-end! I also love that they're priced under $5, sharpen nicely and look natural on the lips. Will always repurchase and will always love.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE these lip liners. They are easily some of my favorites, next to Wet n Wild's Lip Liners that give you so much product for the price it's almost criminal. I own two of them: one in Spice and the other in All Natural. Lately I have been reaching for All Natural to wear underneath their lovely lipstick Matte Beauty.

I really like creamy lip liners and these are some of the best out there. To be honest, my favorite lip liners don't come from stores like Sephora or MAC, they come from LA Girl (the color "Cherry" is one that EVERY girl should have in her bag), Milani and Wet n Wild. They cost a fraction of the price and you can find dupes if you look hard enough.

Milani liners are, as I mentioned, creamy, long lasting, and easy to sharpen. They're made of wood (bonus if you hate retractable liners, which I do) and are very pigmented. I've found that with a lot of liners I can't put on a layer of lip protectant (I use Carmex) right before I apply liner because the liner simply will not show up. I don't have that issue with Milani Color Statement liners-I can apply Carmex, wait a few minutes, put the liner on and it still spreads and distributes the color nicely. And two passes is enough for the color to show up on me and still look lovely.

"All Natural" reminds me of MAC's "Spice". It may be a tiny bit darker pink than "Spice" but I definitely would NOT wear it alone (I wouldn't wear "Spice" alone either for that matter). It's too much of a garish pink that I think looks horrible on my skin. For that reason, I layer it underneath "Matte Beauty" for beautiful results.

The "Spice" lip liner color is NOT a dupe for MAC but I like it because it's a cooler toned light brown liner that I'm able to wear alone if I wanted to. I have done so before and have gotten quite a few compliments. I don't usually reach for it because my obsession with brown lip color is currently filled by LA Girl Endless Auto Liner in "True Brown" or by Wet N Wild's Color Icon Liner in "Chestnut". Seriously. I'm innundated with brown liners, lipsticks and everything else. I probably should back off brown for awhile. Will I though? Will hell freeze over in my lifetime? Didn't think so.

Anyways, Milani Liners are definitely worth the $5 and some change you'll throw down for them at your local Walgreens or CVS. Rite-Aid doesn't carry Milani, and Target used to carry the line but has since stopped doing so (WHY?!)

The only thing that bothers me about their liners is that they only come in eight shades. Out of those eight, I could only see myself wearing maybe three. But I won't let that stop me. And you ladies shouldn't either.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I disliked this product more than I liked it. It's TOO creamy, to the point it slides around my lips and doesn't secure any lipstick on top of it. It's pigmented but it's not what I look for in a lip liner. Not a fan :(

I first bought spice under the recommendation of emilynoel83, who seriously cannot get enough of it. I then bought bordeaux recently to go with my wine colored lipsticks. I adore these lipliners. Creamy, opaque, comfortable, matte. You do have to sharpen them, but I honestly don't mind that. I intend on buying every shade offered, and for under $5, you cannot beat the price and the quality. Way to go, Milani!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I downloaded the Leaping Bunny App to my iPhone. I saw Milani on their cruelty free list and found the section at my local CVS. My first Milani purchase was a conservative one. I found this lip liner for under 5 dollars, in the color All Natural #04, which is in the same ballpark as Bobbi Brown's Beige lipstick, but not an exact dupe, of course.

PROS:

1. Several good, neutral colors.
2. Creamy consistency. Can fill in the whole lip and put a dab of gloss over it if I don't feel like wearing lipstick.
3. Haven't noticed any feathering around the edges.
4. On Leaping Bunny's list.

CONS:

1. You have to sharpen it, but I also had to sharpen the lip liners from Bobbi Brown that cost $23. So I bought a $4 cap-size sharpener from Sephora that fits on the end of the pencil. I still prefer the retractable kind that swivel up, but when I'm pinching pennies, this works just fine. Might get the colors Nude and Spice next as those seem versatile.

I was also impressed with the look of the powder blushes that are embossed in the shape of a rose. Beautiful shades under $10. My wallet likes that.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love! Love! Love!!!! Holy grail lip liner. It goes on so smooth and creamy. Can't get enough. I'm just disappointed I didn't pick this up sooner. I bought spice, which is a gorgeous brown nude color.

I'm not surprised this has a 5 rating,I love the color I have #4 All Natural. It glides on and is a pretty nude shade.Kmart actually had a special on this that came with the matching lipstick for 4.99 both are good but the liner is my favorite of the two.I think liners u have to sharpen last longer than the retractable ones. Love this shade but plan on trying others as well.

GREAT PRODUCT I have it in "04 all natural" and it's amazing ! It helps me get my lips looking plumper without looking like an overdone Kylie Jenner

I am so in love with this product. I bought True Red (02) for $6 on amazon because I couldnt find it in store. Its a very, very highly pigmented color. It has a slight shine and really goes on like pencil. It wasn't greasy or too creamy like other drugstore brand lip liners. The lipstick on top of it looked beautiful and was true to color. I'm definitely going to go buy more.

Popular Lip Liners