July 28, 2014 | 2007 users online

Lip Liners - Milani - Color Statement Lip Liner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

It's hard for me to find a lip liner that is not too brown and/or dark, considering I have very fair cool-toned skin. I really like the shade Nude, which is a medium-depth nude with a slight pink tone. I used to keep MAC Subculture on hand for a nuder/natural lip liner, but Subculture has too much brown and changes the color of my lipsticks to look warm toned. Currently, I love pairing this liner with NYX Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee for a sultry nude lip.

Milani's lip liners have a great formula and a wonderful shade range and price for a drugstore line. Easily competes with MAC. These are slightly shorter, but the formula is creamier.

I have not yet repurchased, but this is the only nude-pink lip liner I like, so I anticipate repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I will have to update my other lipliner reviews for accuracy. I thought Essence was just as good as my Chanel or Dior ones--nope. Too waxy/greasy..bled. Annabelle--nearly.. almost (although excellent colour range n fantastic). Elizabeth Arden--great but stillnot as pigmented as Dior/Chanel. this Milani one (i have spice--perfect natural shade)...is perfect. Gonna get abackup. Try it with Maybelline Timeless Toffee long wear lip colour... You will not believe the excellent colour match and staying power--esp with a dab of loose powder before the Maybelline topcoat or another gloss. This Milani thing is good to slightly overdraw with too..perfect colour for my skintone n pigmented lips.. You have to try.. Hyperbole aside, for something this inexpensive, it's great, but even if this were Guerlain or smthing I'd pay considering how this product..EXCELS..10 stars..try try try..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in the color numbered 01. It is easily one of my best purchases of the year. This creamy, super-pigmented lip pencil easily competes with MAC lip pencils. It smoothes on easily during application, delivers moisturizing and vibrant color, and blends easily with a simple smoosh of the lips. This one in particular reminds me of MAC Cushy, but a quarter of the price! I know I'll purchase more of these in different colors. After some other purchases I've made,Milani is easily becoming my favorite drugstore brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for these DC gems. I've tried just about every lipliner available in all price ranges and these Milani pencils are some of the best. Not only for their gorgeous and versatile shades but the formula is outstanding. I was purchasing one of their new lip glosses, which are awesome, btw, and they were having a bogo 50% so I threw the lipliner in "09 Spice" (the perfect pinky brown) into my cart. The next day I went back for every shade they had available. At $4 ea. these are a steal...heck they'd be a steal at $10! I've been playing around with all the shades for the past few weeks and can highly recommend any and all shades. If you're looking for a creamy, very pigmented, soft, incredibly long wearing, lip liner you've got to try these. The only downside for some may be that they do need sharpening...but I prefer that as I like a nice sharp point. Milani also makes a twist up type in varying shades, but I think the ones you need to sharpen in this brand are vastly better in terms of staying power. Sometimes I just fill in my entire lip with these and top with gloss. The pigment stays all day with no touch up needed and doesn't leave that unsightly ring around the lip. The spice shade topped with a light pink gloss gives me my HG nude lip. Haute Pink is another favorite and pairs perfectly with all the new fuchsia and bright pinks that are so on trend this spring and summer. But you can wear it alone with gloss and it looks stunning. It's a warmer bright pink that doesn't scream but flatters. I can't seeing paying more $$ when these perform just as well, if not better than the HE comparables. Try them and you'll agree!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Spice a few days ago and it instantly became a HG. The formula is super smooth and creamy. It's as good as, if not better than, any high-end lip liner on the market. Spice is a matte nudish brown shade and is the perfect match for many lipsticks in my collection. I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy Grail lip liner. Perfect brown/pink color and goes on so soft and natural. Makes my lips look healthy and full. Need to sharpen a lot because its really soft, but a great product.