Milani Color Statement Lip Liner

Not tested on animals

on 8/25/2015 3:11:00 PM

I first bought spice under the recommendation of emilynoel83, who seriously cannot get enough of it. I then bought bordeaux recently to go with my wine colored lipsticks. I adore these lipliners. Creamy, opaque, comfortable, matte. You do have to sharpen them, but I honestly don't mind that. I intend on buying every shade offered, and for under $5, you cannot beat the price and the quality. Way to go, Milani!

on 8/18/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I downloaded the Leaping Bunny App to my iPhone. I saw Milani on their cruelty free list and found the section at my local CVS. My first Milani purchase was a conservative one. I found this lip liner for under 5 dollars, in the color All Natural #04, which is in the same ballpark as Bobbi Brown's Beige lipstick, but not an exact dupe, of course.

PROS:

1. Several good, neutral colors.
2. Creamy consistency. Can fill in the whole lip and put a dab of gloss over it if I don't feel like wearing lipstick.
3. Haven't noticed any feathering around the edges.
4. On Leaping Bunny's list.

CONS:

1. You have to sharpen it, but I also had to sharpen the lip liners from Bobbi Brown that cost $23. So I bought a $4 cap-size sharpener from Sephora that fits on the end of the pencil. I still prefer the retractable kind that swivel up, but when I'm pinching pennies, this works just fine. Might get the colors Nude and Spice next as those seem versatile.

I was also impressed with the look of the powder blushes that are embossed in the shape of a rose. Beautiful shades under $10. My wallet likes that.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love! Love! Love!!!! Holy grail lip liner. It goes on so smooth and creamy. Can't get enough. I'm just disappointed I didn't pick this up sooner. I bought spice, which is a gorgeous brown nude color.

on 6/13/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not surprised this has a 5 rating,I love the color I have #4 All Natural. It glides on and is a pretty nude shade.Kmart actually had a special on this that came with the matching lipstick for 4.99 both are good but the liner is my favorite of the two.I think liners u have to sharpen last longer than the retractable ones. Love this shade but plan on trying others as well.

on 5/15/2015 12:17:00 AM

GREAT PRODUCT I have it in "04 all natural" and it's amazing ! It helps me get my lips looking plumper without looking like an overdone Kylie Jenner

on 12/29/2014 11:25:00 PM

I am so in love with this product. I bought True Red (02) for $6 on amazon because I couldnt find it in store. Its a very, very highly pigmented color. It has a slight shine and really goes on like pencil. It wasn't greasy or too creamy like other drugstore brand lip liners. The lipstick on top of it looked beautiful and was true to color. I'm definitely going to go buy more.

on 12/28/2014 10:11:00 PM

I purchased this in #13 Pretty Pink to go with Matte Naked. They go together perfectly and the colour alone is very pretty. It's a dusty pink with a hint of brown. It's great for cooler skin tones as I'm an NW20,N1,NARS Monte Blanc, blonde hair, green eyes very cool complexion. And this really brings out my eyes with the lipstick. It's definitely a MLBB lip liner and a great shade for the warmer months.

It's a matte lip pencil you have to sharpen it. It isn't drying and the colour stays put so I'm pretty happy with it. The pencil doesn't drag or tug it goes on very smooth. I would buy more as Milani makes very good lip products. I love their lipsticks and glosses, this is no exception. There is a shade for those with more yellow in their complextion so, they have shades to suit other skin tones as well. Really great product and about 3$ so I'm very happy with this. Totally Recommended!

on 10/11/2014 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I found this in a prepackaged set w Pink Frost lipstick for USD$1.24 at kmart. Really nice lipliner! But I prefer MAC lipliners. This is your nice basic hard wooden pencil lipliner & will suit most nude lipsticks or lipgloss. No frills but I cannot complain for its price & hey I got the lipstick besides. Very nice!! Long wearing & I really like Milani products. Their lipstick smells like tropical punch or watermelons btw & I think Milani Nude Cremé lipstick would also look good w this lipliner.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It's hard for me to find a lip liner that is not too brown and/or dark, considering I have very fair cool-toned skin. I really like the shade Nude, which is a medium-depth nude with a slight pink tone. I used to keep MAC Subculture on hand for a nuder/natural lip liner, but Subculture has too much brown and changes the color of my lipsticks to look warm toned. Currently, I love pairing this liner with NYX Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee for a sultry nude lip.

Milani's lip liners have a great formula and a wonderful shade range and price for a drugstore line. Easily competes with MAC. These are slightly shorter, but the formula is creamier.

I have not yet repurchased, but this is the only nude-pink lip liner I like, so I anticipate repurchasing.

on 5/8/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I will have to update my other lipliner reviews for accuracy. I thought Essence was just as good as my Chanel or Dior ones--nope. Too waxy/greasy..bled. Annabelle--nearly.. almost (although excellent colour range n fantastic). Elizabeth Arden--great but stillnot as pigmented as Dior/Chanel. this Milani one (i have spice--perfect natural shade)...is perfect. Gonna get abackup. Try it with Maybelline Timeless Toffee long wear lip colour... You will not believe the excellent colour match and staying power--esp with a dab of loose powder before the Maybelline topcoat or another gloss. This Milani thing is good to slightly overdraw with too..perfect colour for my skintone n pigmented lips.. You have to try.. Hyperbole aside, for something this inexpensive, it's great, but even if this were Guerlain or smthing I'd pay considering how this product..EXCELS..10 stars..try try try..

Popular Lip Liners