September 2, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lipstick - Cargo - Essential Lip Color - Dubai

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I saw this a few weeks back in a webstore. There were no reviews on this colour, so I waited a few weeks before buying this. I'm reviewing it only after a few days, but I hope other people will find thin helpful. I will upload a few pictures of how this looks in the packaging and a few tomorrow of how the colour looks.
I'm an NC25. The colour of the lipstick is pretty much he same intensity as my lips, but it's light brick red colour, kinda orangy-browny-nude or dark coral, if you want. It has no pink to it. I would say it's quite close to MAC's Honey Love, just darker. I think many skin tones could pull off this colour. I do think this might look better on pink skin tones than on yellow ones althoug it doesn't look bad with MY skintone, which is very yellow. This would probably look good as a nude colour for those with tan or dark skin. Could definitely look good also on light skins, it just depend if you like dark corals. Some colours of this lipstick are shimmery, while others are matte. Dubai is a matte one, no shimmer or glossy effect. This does however not mean that it's drying.
What I really like about this lipstick is first off that I'm not allergic to it - I'm allergic to a lot of lipsticks and get small bumps all over my lips, but not this one :) Second thing I like: it has no smell or taste! The third thing I like is the way the texture looks on the lips: the colour is actually quite opaque, but it looks like a slightly sheer lipstick because it doesn't sink into the creases of my lips and doesn't look like a thick layer of lipstick. This is partly because of the texture, which isn't very slippery and it's quite dense. Fourth like: this is the most moisturizing lipstick I've ever tried! It doesn't make my lips feel moist, greasy or other things I associate with moisture, but somehow it prevents my lips from drying out while having a pretty matte look. It's easy to put a gloss or something else over this though, if you want - it doesn't rub of much. I actually end up using this instead of a regular lip balm... because this is more moisturizing :P
This lasts on me for about 3 hours, I would say, but I definitely do have the tendency to both, chat and smile a lot, so nothing lasts for a long time, not even a lip stain. The lasting power is definitely not bad though.
I will put up some picture of the packaging and the colour here, and also pictures of me wearing this whenever I can.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No