October 22, 2014 | 1601 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Caresse Wet Shine- Endless Red

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So when the YSL glossy stains came out, I obsessed for a while and almost bought one despite the cost, but I didn't find a shade I really wanted. So when these dupes came out I bought Endless Red for special occasions, knowing I wear red lips so rarely that it might sit unused forever. I pulled it out for a party and I was pretty impressed. It goes on cool and very wet, then dries but stays shiny. Kind of odd, really, almost like nail polish is dry but looks wet. (As someone who usually prefers "natural" products, I wonder what chemical compounds are responsible for this effect). Anyway, it really did last incredibly. I reapplied once (adding balm) after dinner, at which point it had worn off some, but not too unevenly, and I had red lips all night. It never balled up or flaked, and while it parched my lips somewhat, it wasn't to an uncomfortable or wrinkly degree. The product does feel kind of suffocating (again, like paint) but that is unavoidable for this kind of wear. I removed it with a dual-phase eye makeup remover and it still left a serious amount of stain behind. I would never be able to wear such a formula every day, but for special events it's very tolerable. Oh, the color: very cool, almost fuschia-red in the tube, then on my lips went tomato-warm red. So odd. I hate warm lip colors on me, but it wasn't bad and I got compliments. The color is transparent enough that it doesn't look muddy or heavy (like Maybelline's previous gloss/stain version in the white tube...now that really was like paint and was horrible).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have two of these. I have Endless Red and Stubborn Plum. I was hoping for an actual stain and gloss but sadly these are more of a liquid lipstick. . I am a NW20 and that's summer. Winter I am more NW15.
This is a very flattering red on me. Bold and cool toned, exactly what I like. It's a very pretty color and is build-able. It's not too bright or dark and I am bummed about this product because I LOVE the color, but it lacks any staining power as it claims.
As for staining the lips? No. Neither one do that. If I wipe it off, its off. There is NO color left behind. It wears well for a "lipgloss" and lasts me about 4 hours with drinking etc. After that it literally just comes off. I do not think this is worth what it costs. I could get the same result from a lipstick and gloss.
It is not sticky or uncomfortable and it feels nice, no drying of the lips. I gave it 3 lippies because of the no stain as the product promises and how it just comes right off after 4 hours.