October 23, 2014 | 1927 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Stila - CC color correcting stick spf 20

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by MES

I have tried this both as a primer under foundation, and alone. I have to say I prefer it much more as a stand alone product. IMO it made my foundation worse at the end of the day when used as a primer. I'm pretty new to using correcting products and am now wishing I had tried them sooner. I'm fair complected and have surface redness. I've generally used light to medium coverage foundations to even out my skin but never got great results. Even though the coverage on this is pretty sheer, the color correction properties are a charm. I swiped this on and blended it in, the makeup was undetectable once blended and gave me a very natural my skin but better look. Again the coverage is sheer so I don't think it will conceal acne or major discolorations.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by reeree55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A bit of my resentment against this product was purchasing it without really realizing what it's intended purpose was. This is, in no way, going to replace your concealer. I was aware that it was marketed as a 'primer', so I didn't think the coverage would be heavy by any means, but even the correcting aspect of this product is lacking. It barely reduces the redness in my skin. I use the Stila CC cream (which I love) and there is hardly any difference between when I use this product and when I don't. I think that goes to show how much this does for you skin.

Pros:
- A lot of product
- Packaging makes the product easy to use

Cons:
- Expensive
- Doesn't reduce redness

If you're looking for a colour correcting make up product that you can build on top of (while still looking natural), take a pass on this. Try out the CC cream by Stila instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this during an Ulta sale, and use it as a stick foundation when I want something very light/sheer. For reference, I have clear, normal to dry skin, with no issues. I am NW15 and I bought this in Fair. The packaging is a black plastic tube with a twist-up stick, similar to a Pan-Stik. It has a green core that's supposed to assist with redness. I swiped this onto my face & buffed/blended with my Elf flat top powder brush. It blended easily into my skin and gave a natural, satin finish, with very sheer coverage. I'd compare the coverage & finish to most tinted moisturizers. I don't have redness issues right now, so I didn't notice the green core actually did anything for me. I set this with powder, and it holds up all day on me (I have normal skin and work in an air conditioned office.) It can be a little bit greasy, so you do need to set with powder. I would not try this if your skin is at all oily or if you plan to be out in the heat - it won't hold up. Also, if you are someone that has a lot of skin issues or wants fuller coverage coverage - this definitely isn't for you. This is a nice product for what it is - basically a tinted moisturizer in stick form. If you have normal to dry skin with no issues, and you want sheer coverage, this is worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by thinkingaboutyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was at first really excited to try this product out. I bought it for $34 at Ulta and it was not worth it AT ALL. Upon first application it seemed a bit cakey and streaky, so you have to buff it out a lot with a brush. This product works okay as a primer but really isn't good enough to wear alone. Overall, I might use this product on some occasions but i definitely would not buy it again. I'm hoping to try out Tarte's clay-infused cc stick next. It's the same price and I've seen much better reviews for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually am quite impressed with Stila products-unfortunately, not this time. The product was weird to get out of the tiny, twist up applicator it felt cheap, like it would break. The stick foundation itself felt a little greasy which I didn't like. The green colored center did NOTHING to cover any redness or anything else for that matter. When applied, it sort of look paste-y and it was NOT "buildable" (putting on more just gave a heavy, caked-on appearance). By the end of the day, I looked like I was wearing nothing on greasy looking skin- YUK. If not so pricy, I would have thrown it into my drawer of other misfit and loser products- but at $38 this one went back to Ulta.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Easy application, not sure that the green adds anything to the product. The finish is bad, clumpy, settles in lines and stays greasy.

Clogged me after only a few days.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No