December 20, 2014 | 1074 users online

Eyes - It Cosmetics - Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Initial review: I purchased this the other day with my platinum rewards from Ulta, along with another few binge purchases. After listening to the 15 minute commercial on QVC, it got me interested. I think the tight lining effect is due to the fact that you must hit the tight line with a series of dots to give that effect. It produced a pretty, full look that I topped with my CK birthday mascara. The problem came with removal. I totally felt like I had sand in my eyes for an hour after removing. I have few reactions, but this was pretty severe, Today I used the CK mascara, with my Rimmel primer, and did not have this problem.

***I have used this twice since. I still feel like it's a rip off, but the tiny brush is great. When you unscrew the tube, the product is in the small end, and the applicator in large end.
For $26, this is steep for what it is, although it produces a beautiful lash result, but not tightlining.

Because I could use my $10 platinum rewards BD gift, I got $5 off this, so for $21, it's okay. When it runs out, I'll clean the brush and dip it into other mascaras. The formula seems to be nothing special. I've had no further reactions, so I am proceeding with caution.

***Overhyped and under-delivering. Returning. It's just mascara with a LOT of chat.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by deniseg

i normally don't spend this much on mascara but i feel in love with it. it's great for the small lashes on the bottom and in the corners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I really like this product. I decided to buy it after seeing it on QVC and I was not disappointed. It's my first lash primer. The brush is very tiny--pretty much non-existent, just a tube kind of thing. It takes a while to get used to and how to figure out how to apply it. But other than that, it's a really wonderful product. Once I was confident enough with the application, I used it right on the roots of my lashes and it really did make me look like I had tightlined my eyes. It also helps your mascara go on easier and helps with volumizing your lashes. It's expensive, in my opinion, but I really think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a little miracle... mascara primer? Eyeliner?
Uh, no. For a woman over 60 with miniscule, microscopic
lashes, this is a miracle. I am far-sighted so applying mascara
takes magnification, and great, meticulous care.
My lashes are so thin, so sparse, so light that no current mascara
can make a difference. Most brushes are too big to 'catch' the tiny
hairs. Instead of colored/thickened lashes, I get smudges on my
upper and lower lids. No pretty.

But this works of me... primer? In a way.. it grasps and finds the
tiny hairs enough to give them a coating so a small brushed mascara
(Maybelline Lash Discovery or Clinique Lower Lash) has something
to grab and build upon. Without a mess on my upper/lower lids.

The coloring on my lashes if I use this alone is enough for a natural look.
But the fact that I can finally make my lashes look decent is a miracle.
This is worth every penny. Now if I can find an eyeliner that works for
aging lids without a mess.....

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jendunklin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Blah! Save your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a set of 2 of these from QVC in hopes of not having to tightline as often. Well, I still tight line out of habit lol. BUT I will say that i do really like this product. The small brush allows me to get as close to the roots as possible leaving me and my clients with thicker, fuller and so much longer lashes. I recently had the pleasure of doing 3 beautiful faces, these ladies all had small eyes with the tiniest of lashes, all 3 were amazed at how well this product grabbed their tiny lashes and made them all look as if they were wearing extensions. they needed no additional mascara after 2 coats of this product.

This product can truly be used alone as a mascara because it most certainly does the job. But it can also be used as it is named. As a primer, which is how i use it most on myself.

I highly recommend this product for those with smaller eyes and/or short lashes. For those with moderate to long lashes, you can benefit as well with this product as a primer or as a more natural but still noticeable because of the tint and stretch it gives you lashes (minus the thickness of a typical mascara). Definitely a great product. Thank you Jamie Kern-Lima!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by honu66

I have been using this mascara for a few weeks now and am still on the fence about it. I think overall, it's not extraordinary in it's affect. The tightline aspect doesn't work as well as it is advertised, and I think it's because of the length of the wand. To actually get at the lashline w/that long thin brush is hard to do, esp for my small eyes. I have to do it in small increments, which leads to too much mascara being applied to the lashes and making them look clumpy.
If I were to ignore the tightline aspect and just use it as I would any mascara, I would tightline separately and this mascara applies nicely to each lash. I think it lengthens them and gives them slight volume. It makes them look dry and stiff, however. I think there are better mascaras out there to buy at a better pricepoint, so I will definitely continue to use this up and practice until I find a way to tightline and apply mascara the way it was intended.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Peachywithasideofkeen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only got a slight tightline effect but it did leave my lashes soft and lengthened without clumps. I like it, but I don't think it is worth the $24 price tag. I probably will not end up buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clearly this is a love it or hate it. I like the concept: super tiny brush to get right to the base of the lashes.

The execution leaves a lot to be desired. And I think it is the product itself: sticky, less than average.

Saying that it is a "primer" is just an excuse for a poorly-formulated product. It doesn't have to be any good - because it is a primer.

If you're like me, with light, barely-there lashes, you want some pay-off and regular brushes are often too difficult to use.

So no. Don't like it. It does make me pine for the circa-60's and 70's Helena Rubenstein metal mascara wands!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by AnBrPe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Total and complete disappointment. First off the packaging, it's deceptively small--the longest part of the mascara tube is actually the brush, you get a third or so of actual product. For $24, that's a rip off. Secondly, the product--I got no "tightlining" effect no matter how I tried to use this. It's just a black mascara with a tiny, flimsy brush. And on top of it, it flakes so badly that I had black specks almost to my eyebrows after a few hours. I would give it zero stars, it's that bad. Back to Ulta it goes.