It Cosmetics Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer

3.6

Camellia Sinesis Leaf Water, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Water, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Tromethamine, Glyceryl Stearate, Hectorite, Phenoxyrthanol, Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Cholesterol, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Asarum Siebildi Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Morus Alba Root Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojobs) Seed Extract, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vitex Trifola Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Xanthan Gum. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm on the fence with this mascara. It tightlines my lashes just a bit, but really isn't that useful otherwise. I don't notice much difference when I prime with this mascara and it just adds another step to my long routine. It doesn't smudge or smear and I haven't had any issue with flaking. I am a contacts wearer and it doesn't bother them in the least bit. It does help to fill in those tiny gaps when wearing liquid liner. The small brush is great for getting in the base of your lashes. This is a nice product to have on hand, but not something I would splurge on. It really isn't a go to product, but rather an extra luxury.

I have fine barely there eyelashes, so this product works well for me in getting to the tiny hairs in inner and outer corners of my eyes. Doesn't tight line in the conventional way but adds a slight touch at the lash line. Very thin and skinny wand, you have to be careful not to scratch your cornea while working this close. I use this as more of a "pre mascara" to grab all the lashes I can before using my regular mascara. This is also a great alternative for a very natural, no makeup day, but your lashes are still done.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm surprised how much I like this mascara. I didn't think I would like the skinny brush but it works great for tight lining and while I do need to be careful, it doesn't get mascara all over my lids or in my eyes. The brush also grabs well and makes it easy to get the corner lashes that most wands miss or clump together. This also works great on my lower lash line where I'm normally unable to line or use mascara without looking like a mess an hour later. This stayed put through a hot and humid summer wedding with no flaking, smudging or eye irritation at all. I bought a small travel/trial version from Ulta and even though I didn't see anything on the box about being waterproof it didn't budge and required makeup remover to take off. The only issue I had with this mascara was that after the initial coat dries the tiny teeth that grab bare lashes so well struggle a bit for a second coat. One coat gives decent length and volume for me but I need to take a little extra care when going for something more dramatic to avoid my lashes sticking together. The skinny brush does help correct and seperate lashes. Although this is advertised as a mascara primer I've never bothered to use another mascara on top of this it works well enough on it's own. I can see how using a good volumizing mascara on top could work well for dratic looks though. I would definitely buy this again I just wish that they had it in a dark brown as well.

*Update* 9/6/15

Damn it...After using this and loving it both on it's own and as a primer/ tight liner a few weeks in the consistency started to change a bit as most mascaras do but then it began flaking worse than any mascara I've ever used. I looked in the rearview mirror one day and it looked like someone blew black dust in my face. Sucks because it's the only thing I've ever been able to use on my lower lash line that didn't give me racoon eyes after an hour. This stuff didn't budge and worked some magic on cheap drug store mascara when worn as a primer. I'm as guilty as anyone of using mascara well past the time it should be tossed but less than a month? Come on.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My overall feeling can be summed up with: Meh.

I don't think this tightlines or creates any extra volume for my lashes. I have the waterproof version of the product, so it does work well for contact-wearers. Unfortunately, I really don't see much happening. It seems to just darken my lashes a bit. I guess that might be nice for someone who prefers a natural look, but there are many more inexpensive options for that.

However, I do love using this for my lower lashes because it doesn't transfer, so I'll stick to using it for that purpose. I'm not loving the price for it, though.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a FANTASTIC product for people like me with thin, short, puny "barely there" lashes and saggy eyelids. The brush is so small I can really coat my lashes evenly and with NO clumping or smudging whatsoever. It's great for lower lashes, too. It has conditioning ingredients that keep lashes from drying out, too. It's black, so it can be worn alone or with a coat of mascara on top (with the mascara, this provides a dazzling improvement in getting the look of "fat" lashes for me which used to be impossible). This is an HG find! Highly recommended.

I got this in a pack of three for about $40 CDN plus shipping and I'm glad I didn't buy them individually for $26 each. I was really excited to try this because of the demos on The Shopping Channel. I would not use this alone because it does not give the length and volume that they show in the demos (the model had eyelashes that touched her eyebrows, lucky lady) but is not a bad primer (just make sure you have your mascara ready the moment you finish). It did not look like you had eyeliner on (though I'm not sure any product can that isn't eyeliner) and I was a little disappointed that it did not get the tiny corner lashes like it claimed, that was the main reason I bought it. This may be good for girls who are just looking for more defined, natural looking lashes. I personally do not find enough benefits to re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This thing SUCKS! What a waste of money. It didnt do ANYTHING.

I'm thinking they misnamed this, but for what it is, it's awesome stuff. It has a tiny straight brush that lets you get right to the roots of your lashes, and darkens and separates them. You can get every lash...something you can rarely do with a regular mascara. IMO, this isn't meant to be a mascara...it's more of a primer. I use this to darken and tease out all my lashes, then go over it all with my regular mascara. It keep lashes from clumping, and again...EVERY lash gets darkened. It can be used in place of regular mascara, but don't expect dramatic volume or length. You can use this to tightline to a degree, but as I'm not a great fan of tightlining, especially that smeared slept in look, I can't really comment. When i tightline, i use a pencil liner. Great product and reasonable price. Worth it for just the wand.

I wsh I did not waste money on this. It did nothing short of make my already sparse straight lashes look just that. It did nothing absolutely nothing. I am better with a makeup brush and a dark shadow to tight line.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Once again dissspointed with an it cosmetics mascara. This did nothing no length no tightline nothing worth wasting my money on ever again

Top Rated It Cosmetics Products