September 21, 2014 | 954 users online

Eyes - It Cosmetics - Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jendunklin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Blah! Save your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I bought a set of 2 of these from QVC in hopes of not having to tightline as often. Well, I still tight line out of habit lol. BUT I will say that i do really like this product. The small brush allows me to get as close to the roots as possible leaving me and my clients with thicker, fuller and so much longer lashes. I recently had the pleasure of doing 3 beautiful faces, these ladies all had small eyes with the tiniest of lashes, all 3 were amazed at how well this product grabbed their tiny lashes and made them all look as if they were wearing extensions. they needed no additional mascara after 2 coats of this product.

This product can truly be used alone as a mascara because it most certainly does the job. But it can also be used as it is named. As a primer, which is how i use it most on myself.

I highly recommend this product for those with smaller eyes and/or short lashes. For those with moderate to long lashes, you can benefit as well with this product as a primer or as a more natural but still noticeable because of the tint and stretch it gives you lashes (minus the thickness of a typical mascara). Definitely a great product. Thank you Jamie Kern-Lima!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by honu66

I have been using this mascara for a few weeks now and am still on the fence about it. I think overall, it's not extraordinary in it's affect. The tightline aspect doesn't work as well as it is advertised, and I think it's because of the length of the wand. To actually get at the lashline w/that long thin brush is hard to do, esp for my small eyes. I have to do it in small increments, which leads to too much mascara being applied to the lashes and making them look clumpy.
If I were to ignore the tightline aspect and just use it as I would any mascara, I would tightline separately and this mascara applies nicely to each lash. I think it lengthens them and gives them slight volume. It makes them look dry and stiff, however. I think there are better mascaras out there to buy at a better pricepoint, so I will definitely continue to use this up and practice until I find a way to tightline and apply mascara the way it was intended.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Peachywithasideofkeen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only got a slight tightline effect but it did leave my lashes soft and lengthened without clumps. I like it, but I don't think it is worth the $24 price tag. I probably will not end up buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clearly this is a love it or hate it. I like the concept: super tiny brush to get right to the base of the lashes.

The execution leaves a lot to be desired. And I think it is the product itself: sticky, less than average.

Saying that it is a "primer" is just an excuse for a poorly-formulated product. It doesn't have to be any good - because it is a primer.

If you're like me, with light, barely-there lashes, you want some pay-off and regular brushes are often too difficult to use.

So no. Don't like it. It does make me pine for the circa-60's and 70's Helena Rubenstein metal mascara wands!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by AnBrPe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Total and complete disappointment. First off the packaging, it's deceptively small--the longest part of the mascara tube is actually the brush, you get a third or so of actual product. For $24, that's a rip off. Secondly, the product--I got no "tightlining" effect no matter how I tried to use this. It's just a black mascara with a tiny, flimsy brush. And on top of it, it flakes so badly that I had black specks almost to my eyebrows after a few hours. I would give it zero stars, it's that bad. Back to Ulta it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This might be my HG mascara for its waterproofing alone, although I love its other qualities too! I decided to apply it for the first time immediately before a 6 mile run. It was extremely humid outside, though at 80 degrees it wasn't exactly 'hot.' After my literal 'test run,' I went for a cool-down walk...and got caught in a thunderstorm with torrential rain. It took less than 5 minutes for my clothes and hair to be soaked through, so I really thought I was going to have mascara all over my face. When I finally went inside and looked in the mirror, not a single flake of this mascara had smeared, migrated, or flaked off. Even after I dried my face and eyes with a towel, I was smudge-free. My eyes tend to be very watery at times, and this is the first waterproof mascara that has ever stayed put. After several hours of wear, I rubbed my eyes and saw some fallout...nothing major, just a few flakes here and there. However, it still looked decent after I cleaned up my undereye area. But...enough about the waterproofing. The applicator wand is AMAZING. It's so straight and skinny, and you can barely see the bristles. I was able to get right up to my lash line with no clumps, and with one coat, I saw a noticeable difference in the length and volume of my lashes. It wasn't a dramatic look by any means, but it was very feathery and natural looking. It just kind of made my eyes 'pop,' even without any other makeup on. My one complaint is that for $24, you get very little product. I thought the longer end of the tube was the product - nope, that was the handle with the spooley. The little bitty short end has the product in it. If you wear mascara every day, the cost could really add up quickly.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by wishmeluck

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say I love this. I have been using this alone without putting mascara on top. My lashes are full but soft looking. It definitely leaves a tightline, but you have to wiggle it at the roots of your lashes carefully so that it doesn't go upwards of the place you want it. My lashes look longer and fuller than with any mascara I've used. It also stays in place. It is a little harder to take off, but not so difficult that you are rubbing and damaging your lashes. I also think my lashes are healthier since I've been using this primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This does help to get close to the root of my lashes, but doesn't give a tight lining effect for me. It's also hard to remove. I'll use it up but won't repurchase

6/12/14 liking this better after using. I like it best applied lightly close to base of lashes. Then I let it dry completely before adding another layer. Wears well. No tightlining effect though

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Eveningsno

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Biggest waste of $24.00 on a mascara ever. No lengthening, no volumnizing, no tightlining (I normally do the Laura Mercier tightline method). All I got was separated lashes with some darkening. Never would I purchase this product again. What a bunch of hype.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No