Revlon Parfumerie China Flower

So, I am a bit torn about this polish. I am very intrigued and I think I will try another shde in the Parfumerie line. I love love love the idea of scented polish. I loved thescent of this particular shade - it's actually gorgeous: deep, floral and sexy. The polish smells from early in the drying process and through a top coat (I use Seche Vite), and I can still smell it softly after a week! Very impressive! This I find absolutely delightful. After a week, the shade is still vibrant and holding on rather well. That said, I was disappointed that some nails chipped around the edges within a day. 😞 I had not been particularly hard on my nails, though I do wash my hands frequently. The colour is so cute and classic - a fun '50s shade of red. It is quite thin and sheer though and required at least 3 coats... But I could still very much see through to my nail line. Personally, I really don't like this - I prefer an opaque, 2-coat, creme type of polish. From the bottle, it looked like it would be an opaque, creme formulation, but it's more of a sheer, jelly type of polish. This is really the main reason that I'm torn about this polish. If it was opaque/creme, I would be in love. I hope to try anoyher shade that is a creme finish and that smells as amazing as this one. The bottle is absolutely adorable - I love it.

on 1/29/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a VERY bright and glossy color that you can see from miles away. I bought it thinking it would be a strawberry color (reddened pink), but on my skin (~NW 10) it comes across as a deep coral -- it reminds me a bit of Revlon Fire & Ice. Like F&I, it's insanely vivid without being neon and has a '50s feel.

The smell is much cooler than the name "China Flower" would suggest. I was expecting something super-classic, but this is not a girly or old-ladyish floral at all. It's very similar to Jasmin et Cigarettes by Etat Libre d'Orange (smoky, musty jasmine). It's pretty strong and I notice it whenever I swish my hands around.

The color is easy to apply and dries quickly, but unfortunately it chips pretty easily.

on 3/21/2014 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

China Flower is a pretty coral-red two-coat crelly that looks bright and cheery. Revlon Parfumerie polishes dry fast and wear well on me, so I am predisposed to like them, but I don't like the scent of this one--flowery and a tad musky. I can still smell it if my hands are close to my face, even after a few days of wear. I love the color and the dry and wear times so I'll keep it around even though I'm not in love with the scent. At the very least, it'll make a great pedi.

on 10/30/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was intrigued by these scented polishes as soon as I read about them on a popular beauty blog. I finally found some and snapped up a few. China Flower is a pretty orange-red creme that applies nicely and leaves a glossy finish. I did not put top coat on over this but I've read that the scent comes through a coat of TC. The scent is not strong, I have to bring my fingers close to my nose to smell the fragrance, although I have sinus problems. Someone with a more sensitive nose may disagree with this. I was expecting more of a floral scent to a polish named China Flower but it has a fresh, soapy note to it. (The display at my store did not have the scents listed. It was in a tower-type display that is exclusive to the store.) I love the little square bottles with the round caps but the brushes on these are teeny tiny. The brushes are perfect for doing nail art and for people with small nail beds. I have rather large nail beds and found the brush to be so small it was a bit problematic. I had to go back for more polish and ended up with some uneven patches. After my manicure dried completely I had some bubbles on a couple nails where I had to go back to even out the polish. I have had this problem with the original Revlon polishes no matter what I do so I am a bit disappointed. I have only given this a 3 in my overall rating due to this. I will try these for doing freehand stripes as the brushes are thin and moderately stiff. I would not purchase this shade again as I have over 500 polishes and the potential for using this up is slim. I will be looking for more shades though. Overall, I like these little gems. They are a nice addition to my collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Loving the new Parfumerie line of Revlon polishes. I purchased several when I saw the full line available recently at my Rite Aid. China Flower is the first I have used, and am very pleased with the results. China Flower is a bright chinoiserie oranged red. The finish is opaque within one coat, but a little more even with 2, and a high shine lacquer like finish with 3. I love the color and can't stop staring at my pretty bright red nails, however, even with Revlon gel base and Seche Vite, it chipped a little on the end of the second day. Today is day 3, I have applied a third coat and will probably have to repolish tomorrow before the start of my week. The scent is a light floriental, not obtrusive at all, and really only noteiceable when your fingertips are close to your nose.