November 24, 2014 | 1666 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Parfumerie China Flower

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

China Flower is a pretty coral-red two-coat crelly that looks bright and cheery. Revlon Parfumerie polishes dry fast and wear well on me, so I am predisposed to like them, but I don't like the scent of this one--flowery and a tad musky. I can still smell it if my hands are close to my face, even after a few days of wear. I love the color and the dry and wear times so I'll keep it around even though I'm not in love with the scent. At the very least, it'll make a great pedi.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I was intrigued by these scented polishes as soon as I read about them on a popular beauty blog. I finally found some and snapped up a few. China Flower is a pretty orange-red creme that applies nicely and leaves a glossy finish. I did not put top coat on over this but I've read that the scent comes through a coat of TC. The scent is not strong, I have to bring my fingers close to my nose to smell the fragrance, although I have sinus problems. Someone with a more sensitive nose may disagree with this. I was expecting more of a floral scent to a polish named China Flower but it has a fresh, soapy note to it. (The display at my store did not have the scents listed. It was in a tower-type display that is exclusive to the store.) I love the little square bottles with the round caps but the brushes on these are teeny tiny. The brushes are perfect for doing nail art and for people with small nail beds. I have rather large nail beds and found the brush to be so small it was a bit problematic. I had to go back for more polish and ended up with some uneven patches. After my manicure dried completely I had some bubbles on a couple nails where I had to go back to even out the polish. I have had this problem with the original Revlon polishes no matter what I do so I am a bit disappointed. I have only given this a 3 in my overall rating due to this. I will try these for doing freehand stripes as the brushes are thin and moderately stiff. I would not purchase this shade again as I have over 500 polishes and the potential for using this up is slim. I will be looking for more shades though. Overall, I like these little gems. They are a nice addition to my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loving the new Parfumerie line of Revlon polishes. I purchased several when I saw the full line available recently at my Rite Aid. China Flower is the first I have used, and am very pleased with the results. China Flower is a bright chinoiserie oranged red. The finish is opaque within one coat, but a little more even with 2, and a high shine lacquer like finish with 3. I love the color and can't stop staring at my pretty bright red nails, however, even with Revlon gel base and Seche Vite, it chipped a little on the end of the second day. Today is day 3, I have applied a third coat and will probably have to repolish tomorrow before the start of my week. The scent is a light floriental, not obtrusive at all, and really only noteiceable when your fingertips are close to your nose.