April 21, 2014 | 1551 users online

Shampoo - Louis Widmer - Dandruff Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this shampoo. When washing my fine hair with oily roots and dry ends this feels like the most gentle dandruff shampoo ever. My scalp is very sensitive with seborrheic dermatitis sometimes, what I keep in control with the use of a dandruff shampoo once a week. Most dandruff shampoos are very harsh and dry my hair big time.
As I said, this is very gentle. It is fragrance free (there is a fragranced version also) and there are no harsh ingredients (except Cocamidopropyl Betaine, which is irritating my scalp a bit). No silicones also, the active ingredient is Piroctone Olamine (gentle) and it keeps my dermatitis at bay. So that sounds perfect.
But somehow my hair becomes very limp of this shampoo, it feels a bit like a 2 in one shampoo, with a lot of conditioning ingredients. I will keep on using this, because it is the best alternative I have found till now, but it is a shame that I have to wash my hair very soon after using this, because my hair becomes so lifeless.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium PEG-5 Laurylcitrate Sulfosuccinate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Undecylenamido MEA-Sulfosuccinate, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Laureth-4, Phenoxyethanol, Decyl Glucoside, Panthenol, Creatine, Piroctone Olamine, Polyquaternium-10, Parfum, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Niacinamide, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Dehydroacetic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide