April 19, 2014 | 1831 users online

Fragrances - Roberto Cavalli - Nero Assoluto

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

I really like this fragrance, it is warm, sweet but not overly. And longevity is good..on top of it it smells very pretty. Like a woman would want to smell, not a teenagerish perfume ? I am fan of Cavalli, his perfumes are Unique , designed for feminine women , who like scents with strength, and personality.. Nero is sexy. In its warmth, enveloping.. The vanilla isn't overly sweet, it is darker, and enticing..should I add I love Just!!!! Another great scent from Cavalli!!
Lovely..!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A sales assistant recommended this to me after learning that I am very much in love with Tom Ford’s Tuscan Leather nowadays. He said that this would have a similar vibe with a lot of blackness with notes of black vanilla, black orchid and ebony – I have no idea how these smell and am convinced that these are marketing gimmicks. Still, Nero Assoluto is vaguely similar to Tuscan Leather in the opening because both remind me of bright red berries with sweet candy undertones. However, similarities end there because Nero Assoluto turns into a sweet, vanillic fragrance very easily on my skin whereas Tuscan Leather has a unique leather kick. The bit of spice and incense I get from Nero Assoluto makes it slightly more interesting than many other sweet concoctions in the department store nowadays and bring it closer to some loud and bright rose and patch combos I have tried in the past. It may not be groundbreaking, but it is pleasant for the short duration before losing its oomph on my skin. 3,5 for the bright and attractive top notes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am quite simply in love with this fragrance. Its only just come out in the UK and I stumbled across it in Debenhams where I chanced upon a tester. On first sniff, I was enchanted, and it made me feel slightly unhinged it was so delightfully ambrosial. I had to have it.
It is essentially a woody floral.

Top notes: Orchid
Middle notes: Black Vanilla
Base notes: Ebony

It opens with a strong blast of intensely creamy orchid. As it settles, it becomes much darker, more edgy- spice, mixed with dark dark wood. It is intensely sexual. I dont notice any *skanky* or glandular accord to this fragrance. It is far too sophisticated for that. This one is pure luxury and sophistication. Its sultry proposal is certainly no frantic fumble in the back of a beat up Chevy. This one is tantric sex on silken sheets aboard a luxury yacht sailing around the mediterranean. If this fragrance was a female, it would be a Bond girl. Mysterious, vulnerable, beautiful and enchanting but delve deeper and you'll find a heart full of darkness.