Atelier Cologne - Rose Anonyme

3.6

Rose Anonyme - a *late to the market* rose-oud combo .
** THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE LIMITED EDITION EXTRAIT ( CONCENTRATION AT 22 % )
** I do not like limited editions
A deep lush sweet red rose . the dark rich rose hits first followed v quickly by oud.
If you have smelt Noir de Noir by Tom Ford and countless other rose-oud combinations you will already have some idea of how this smells.

Rose Anonyme .. I truly like it very much .it is a v plain and simple rose - oud with the emphasis being on the rose actually. If you love the gothic earthiness of Une Rose by Malle and you are obsessed with rose ottos and and rose absolute like I am ..then you will love this.
The scent begins strong and then becomes v manageable ...melding well with skin.
Rose Lovers.... do not over look this one for a good rose fix.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a free deluxe sample of this fragrance from Sephora. I selected it because I love rose scents. Unfortunately this one is very light on the rose and heavy on the patchouli, which I dislike. It smells very strong and unpleasant in the bottle, but much lighter on my skin. It's marginally tolerable, but I would not purchase this fragrance.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this (& DG Light Blue, & Gucci) in delux sample sizes from using a code (SPIRITS) on Sephora dot com so I thought that was pretty neat! This is a nice take on rose w something else I'm not sure maybe smoky patchouli. It's not your basic rose water. Idk how much a full sized bottle costs but this little bottle I have is 0.24 oz. & you have to dab it on like old fashioned perfume on areas that give off natural heat. This is a unique perfume, a little goes a long ways too. I would seriously consider buying a small bottle if it's not too $ but this spicy blend of roses & smoky patchouli will set me apart from the bath&bodyworks crowd walking around the mall. This smells like a savvy sassy smart strong independent woman. The boozy factor makes me think this would be gr8 on a date very sexy & will make him want to get closer to u to get a whiff of this intense floral. I freakin luv this!! I'm always dabbing it on I can't help it, it's an enigma that is even a mystery to me!

Unfortunately, this perfume is not particularly long-lasting, which is a shame because this is a very unique take on a rose scent. I enjoy that this is not too rosy and not too sweet, as some rose perfumes tend to get. This is the right balance of floral and herbal. I would not repurchase only because of its lasting power, otherwise I would consider it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

After falling in love, and I do mean (as much as the notion can apply to a fragrance) IN LOVE with Jo Malone's Cologne Intense in Velvet Rose and Oud, but failing to be able to purchase it due to its steep price and no small (1.7 oz or less) bottle, I became on a massive hunt for another Rose and Oud blend that was more widely available than the Jo Malone or the YSL Majestic Rose, which I haven't tried, So I found this in a travel spray. It does have the same sweet warm rose, mixed with a smoky leathery oud. My problem with this fragrance Rose anonyme is that it is too crowded. JM Velvet Rose and Oud was shockingly simple for its refinement, containing only One type of (Moroccan) rose, smoky leathery oud, sweet cloves, and deep fruity praline. Rose Anonyme confuses things a bit with multiple roses, which wouldn't be bad necessarily, oud, (nice), ginger (good call-adds sweet spice like the cloves) vanilla (adds sweetness so okay), then patchouli, mint, and all kinds of green notes that don't go with much and make the scent a tad sharp. I'm also missing the deep fruitiness brought by the praline in Jo Malone had. I like this a lot, and would recommend it, but I like Jo malone better

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a wonderful take on rose that non-affectionate can appreciate. It's a grown-up, heady rose, not a shy, sweet bud. Then the incense-like patchouli is just as marvelous. this is not a head shop fragrance. it is dimilar to Lori Rotkin's Gothic I but lighter and tranparent.

I adore this scent. I received it in the May 2014 Glossybox (it was a sample size) which makes it a good value. I love the scent, the packaging... Basically everything about it. The only complaint I have is that there is no atomizer so you have to dump the product onto your wrists, which can be messy. Otherwise, I am in love! May be my new signature scent. I'll have to buy the full size...

Rose Anonyme smells awful on me. The rose is a too-sweet (almost boozy smelling), heavy, perfumey/musky rose and the patchouli and darker notes wind up smelling just like a dirty ash tray on my skin. It's intensely strong and a little dab has tons of throw and lasts all day. Unfortunately, it gives me a terrible headache and doesn't smell right on me at all.

Popular Fragrances