Atelier Cologne - Rose Anonyme

3.6

on 5/30/2015 2:26:00 PM

Unfortunately, this perfume is not particularly long-lasting, which is a shame because this is a very unique take on a rose scent. I enjoy that this is not too rosy and not too sweet, as some rose perfumes tend to get. This is the right balance of floral and herbal. I would not repurchase only because of its lasting power, otherwise I would consider it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

After falling in love, and I do mean (as much as the notion can apply to a fragrance) IN LOVE with Jo Malone's Cologne Intense in Velvet Rose and Oud, but failing to be able to purchase it due to its steep price and no small (1.7 oz or less) bottle, I became on a massive hunt for another Rose and Oud blend that was more widely available than the Jo Malone or the YSL Majestic Rose, which I haven't tried, So I found this in a travel spray. It does have the same sweet warm rose, mixed with a smoky leathery oud. My problem with this fragrance Rose anonyme is that it is too crowded. JM Velvet Rose and Oud was shockingly simple for its refinement, containing only One type of (Moroccan) rose, smoky leathery oud, sweet cloves, and deep fruity praline. Rose Anonyme confuses things a bit with multiple roses, which wouldn't be bad necessarily, oud, (nice), ginger (good call-adds sweet spice like the cloves) vanilla (adds sweetness so okay), then patchouli, mint, and all kinds of green notes that don't go with much and make the scent a tad sharp. I'm also missing the deep fruitiness brought by the praline in Jo Malone had. I like this a lot, and would recommend it, but I like Jo malone better

on 9/11/2014 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a wonderful take on rose that non-affectionate can appreciate. It's a grown-up, heady rose, not a shy, sweet bud. Then the incense-like patchouli is just as marvelous. this is not a head shop fragrance. it is dimilar to Lori Rotkin's Gothic I but lighter and tranparent.

I adore this scent. I received it in the May 2014 Glossybox (it was a sample size) which makes it a good value. I love the scent, the packaging... Basically everything about it. The only complaint I have is that there is no atomizer so you have to dump the product onto your wrists, which can be messy. Otherwise, I am in love! May be my new signature scent. I'll have to buy the full size...

on 10/18/2013 2:29:00 PM

Rose Anonyme smells awful on me. The rose is a too-sweet (almost boozy smelling), heavy, perfumey/musky rose and the patchouli and darker notes wind up smelling just like a dirty ash tray on my skin. It's intensely strong and a little dab has tons of throw and lasts all day. Unfortunately, it gives me a terrible headache and doesn't smell right on me at all.

Popular Fragrances