November 26, 2014 | 1386 users online

Palettes - Wet 'n' Wild - No Neutral Ground

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this palette! The top row is too sparkly with too much fallout for my taste, but the rose shade is beautiful, I wish it was a shimmer without the added sparkles. There is also a cream and deep gold. The second row is a really nice satin berry purple, a golden khaki, and a perfect forest green. It's tough to find a green shadow that is also neutral, but this one succeeds. The bottom row is matte liner shadows, a chocolate brown and a deep emerald green. Well worth more than the $4.99 it costs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This isn't a bad palette. I bought it just for the middle colors, the plum, the dark gold and the olive green. And the bottom row, supposingly the liners but I use those as matte eye shadows. The top row...well, they are pretty but way too glittery and lots of fallout, so these won't be used at all by me. Is it me or these palettes getting hard to open? I've been using a blunt knife to open, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by xpartypanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just bought this very recently from a Kmart store near me, and this was one of the first palettes I seen and wasn't sure if I would 100% love it or not. That is until I played with it the following few days and realized that the pigmentation is excellent and I shouldn't have even doubted it for a second. The shimmery shades are gorgeous, the middle shades I always use as lid shades, and the bottom shadows I use as the crease shades. This palette incorporates very good colors for the result to be a very good look, especially for fall time. The only catch to it is that it is $5, and from what I've seen there's 3 different ones so if you want all of them, be prepared to spend about $20.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

No Neutral Ground is an 8 pan palette released as part of the 2013 Holiday Spotlight Collection. This has 3 highlight/browbone shades, 3 lid colors, and 2 defining shades. The top row are all sparkles and have tons of shimmer in them. On the top left is a sparkling rose shadow, in the center is a sparkly ivory, the right side is a pretty shimmery gold. The lid shades are a plum, the center shade is a taupe, and the next one is a dark olive green. These all have some shimmer in them as well, but not as much as the top row. On the bottom row are the matte defining shadows and those are cocoa brown and forest green. The shadows apply easily, blend beautifully, and I had no fallout. A double ended applicator is included. One side is the traditional sponge tip and on the opposite side is a blending brush. I always use my own makeup brushes so I can't say how this performs in application. These are very soft shadows and come up easily with a brush. They are well pigmented too so I had to use an easy hand. I am fair skinned and these colors were all dark for me and sort of dramatic. I tried to do a neutral eye look, but with my fair complexion this palette gives me more of a smokey eye look. I really like this palette and all the colors and I'll be able to use them all for different looks, but I will have to supplement with some lighter colors from another if I want a natural nude eye. I won't be using the highlight shades much though. They are pretty but much too sparkly for my tastes. For a dramatic holiday party look or a special event I will get some use of them, but not for everyday looks. But this is part of the holiday collection so it is appropriate that the glitter/shimmer is present. I do like this palette but it certainly isn't one of my favorites from Wet n Wild and I probably won't repurchase.